Rumor: 2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread: Post Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
I wasn’t against the trade. I knew we had to do it but I was very wary about the trade.
Pretty sure I recall you being against a Mittlestadt-Byram swap. Perhaps it was someone else.

Edit: quick search. Not fully against, not not really for it either.

Attachments

• IMG_0568.png
    IMG_0568.png
    250.4 KB · Views: 5

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
I'm not great at evaluating trade value but for a first pairing RHD on a great contract I'd guess Rants might not get it done without a significant + especially given the fact he would be making 13+ in this scenario.

Sanheim may be a #1 in Philly but he won’t be one here.

The team that would have to add significantly would be a Philly. I just don’t understand the logic in this place about how undervalued Rantanen is.

Do you think Edmonton would have to add if they traded Draisaitl for Sanheim? Because Draisaitl and Rantanen are identical players.

And you seriously don’t think Drysdale is worth Rantanen do you?

This nonsense about Rantanen being lazy is just horseshit too. It’s simply not true.

This is getting absurd. For real.

Rantanen and Gulalyev for Sanheim now.

I give up.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Why not? Rants made (a lot) more until MacK's recent contract. Additionally this starts in year 3 of MacK's contract. If that is the hill the Avs will die on, there is a non-zero chance Rants walks.
Only if Rants wants to walk to a crap team to make just a tiny bit more money (relatively speaking).

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Sanheim may be a #1 in Philly but he won’t be one here.

The team that would have to add significantly would be a Philly. I just don’t understand the logic in this place about how undervalued Rantanen is.

Do you think Edmonton would have to add if they traded Draisaitl for Sanheim? Because Draisaitl and Rantanen are identical players.

And you seriously don’t think Drysdale is worth Rantanen do you?

This nonsense about Rantanen being lazy is just horseshit too. It’s simply not true.

This is getting absurd. For real.

Rantanen and Gulalyev for Sanheim now.

I give up.
Sanheim played 24 mins TOI/game (over a minute more than next on the team) and is a top pair RHD. These guys aren't traded often. Then you consider the contracts as well. Elite scoring winger is probably worth it but I have no clue as I said not good at gauging trade value. No I don't think Drysdale is worth Rantanen there would need to be a significant add on their side in that situation.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
if avs management let him make it past this summer without an extension or a trade they've failed imo
Didn’t they get the Landeskog extension in like the night before July 1st UFA party started? These guys don’t do things on time it seems lol. I’m still over here wanting a Calum Ritchie ELC for destroying the OHL but CMac said best I could do is Saige Weinstein (I love you CMac you cooked at the deadline but please just reward Cal with something)

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Didn’t they get the Landeskog extension in like the night before July 1st UFA party started? These guys don’t do things on time it seems lol. I’m still over here wanting a Calum Ritchie ELC for destroying the OHL but CMac said best I could do is Saige Weinstein (I love you CMac you cooked at the deadline but please just reward Cal with something)
ya they also left a gaping hole at 2C for a year. Learn from these mistakes.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
if avs management let him make it past this summer without an extension or a trade they've failed imo

Not necessarily. UFA maximizes his value. If that precludes a sign and trade, the return for the Avs may not be as great as everyone thinks and the best option might be to keep him.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Not necessarily. UFA maximizes his value. If that precludes a sign and trade, the return for the Avs may not be as great as everyone thinks and the best option might be to keep him.
They wouldn't trade him at the deadline while competing that makes no sense. Then you risk going into the summer and losing him for nothing. Get something done with a year left on his contract one way or the other.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
They wouldn't trade him at the deadline while competing that makes no sense. Then you risk going into the summer and losing him for nothing. Get something done with a year left on his contract one way or the other.

I knew that’s what you meant but if you’re Ottawa, do you give up Batherson for one year of Rantanen? Probably not. This is true during the summer.

The TDL means he is even more determined to go to FA, if anything. But they’re also not going to carve up their team at that point in the season.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Ritchie’s contract is a July 1 thing.

Reactions: AvsFan2123

JH21

Oct 20, 2019
Sanheim played 24 mins TOI/game (over a minute more than next on the team) and is a top pair RHD. These guys aren't traded often. Then you consider the contracts as well. Elite scoring winger is probably worth it but I have no clue as I said not good at gauging trade value. No I don't think Drysdale is worth Rantanen there would need to be a significant add on their side in that situation.

How many times are 50 goal/100 point scorers traded? Answer: never

Sanheim is a dime a dozen Dman. There are 30+ guys better than him. He doesn’t move the needle at all especially consider we have Makar, Toews, Manson and Girard locked up long term and Behrens and Gulalyev waiting in the wings.

Literally the past thing we need is another Dman.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
How many times are 50 goal/100 point scorers traded? Answer: never

Sanheim is a dime a dozen Dman. There are 30+ guys better than him. He doesn’t move the needle at all especially consider we have Makar, Toews, Manson and Girard locked up long term and Behrens and Gulalyev waiting in the wings.

Literally the past thing we need is another Dman.
You know 50 goal and 100 point guys get traded, right?

Reactions: missionAvs

JH21

Oct 20, 2019

Jesus. 30 years ago. I guess I should have not said never.

As of completion of the 2023–24 season, 99 different players have scored 50 goals in an NHL season one or more times in their career.

There has been 30 guys to score 50 in the salary cap era and you buffoons want to trade one away for guys like Travis Freaking Sanheim. It’s actually hilarious.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Jesus. 30 years ago. I guess I should have not said never.

As of completion of the 2023–24 season, 99 different players have scored 50 goals in an NHL season one or more times in their career.

There has been 30 guys to score 50 in the salary cap era and you buffoons want to trade one away for guys like Travis Freaking Sanheim. It’s actually hilarious.
The best player to ever play the game was traded. It can happened to anybody. Thats the point. Heatley, Kovalchuck, Iggy, Selanne, etc have all been moved and are that stature. Rants shouldn’t be untouchable. Maybe not for some of the moves stated, but pretending he shouldn’t be moved at all costs is equally unwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad