Transfer: 2019-20 Winter Transfer News, Rumors, and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The only way that could ever happen is if they swapped Mbappe for him.
giphy.gif

I wouldn't do it.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Apparently Kroenke is going to increase his involvement and investment in the club... This could be great cause of the money but terrible because of the whole involvement thing!

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'd agree he's the perfect guy to replace Neymar at PSG...I also very much doubt it'll happen.
Yeah and there are maybe one or two players in the world I would take for Mane. Neither of them play for PSG.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Yeah and there are maybe one or two players in the world I would take for Mane. Neither of them play for PSG.
So you're posting this on the premise that Liverpool will sign Mbappe this summer and won't have to swap Mane for him? ;)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Also Alena to Betis on loan is close. Great move.

They’ve completely ruined La Masia. Now they’re not even qualifying for the second round of the UEFA Youth League. The best players don’t want to play in La Masia anymore because they know there’s no pathway to the first team.

Making him go out on loan to play past it players like Vidal and Rakitic is a joke. Fati to Villarreal is only a few years away and we all know it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Some Arsenal stuff,

- Newcastle, AC Milan, and Gladback have all been rumoured to submit bids for Xhaka in January. There are some other Serie A clubs still in for him as well.

- Ziyech still rumoured to be on Arsenal's shortlist, but if happens should be in summer.

- Ornstein, "I think it will be a quiet window for Arsenal and most other clubs. January is increasingly becoming a time for an emergency deal or two, or an opportunity too good to turn down.".

- There is one weird rumour out there that I've come across, don't believe it, but thought it was interesting nonetheless. Supposedly Real Madrid don't like Jovic and are wanting to swap him for somebody and rumours are that Auba is the one they're targeting the most. Don't think they would give up on a 21 year old so soon, but it would also be very Madridian if this turned out to be true lol.

SSF

Oct 5, 2017
They’ve completely ruined La Masia. Now they’re not even qualifying for the second round of the UEFA Youth League. The best players don’t want to play in La Masia anymore because they know there’s no pathway to the first team.

Making him go out on loan to play past it players like Vidal and Rakitic is a joke. Fati to Villarreal is only a few years away and we all know it.

What does that have to do with the article?
Lautaro is 22 anyways, hardly past it at all.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What does that have to do with the article?
Lautaro is 22 anyways, hardly past it at all.

He mentioned Alena. I like Lautaro, but he’ll probably be the next Alcacer, Coutinho or Dembele. No one has found a permanent footing in that attack for years. Only Messi, Suarez and Neymar.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He mentioned Alena. I like Lautaro, but he’ll probably be the next Alcacer, Coutinho or Dembele. No one has found a permanent footing in that attack for years. Only Messi, Suarez and Neymar.

LOL he wont be. 2/3 arent good enough and were never good enough. Dembele's issues are self induced along with injuries. Neither of which are a problem for Martinez.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Jarrod Bowen being linked with Brighton for a 22 million dollar move. Would be great to add him and have a pace filled front 3 of Trossard-Maupay-Bowen.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Perfect cheap signing. Allows Klopp to shift Shaqiri on and keep that cycle going.

With the new Nike deal they actually get some of shirt sales and if he’s good you’d think there would be a lot.

I did also want him signed so this sounds particularly good to me.

Few more stories trickling out saying this is done. Get the van.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Minamino was the best player in Group E. Does he have a natural spot that he falls into? Not really. For 7.25m, it doesn’t really matter. Reddy and Joyce are both reporting this so it may be done. This is going to be their signing for wing cover. No brainer, and even it’s it a short term stay, there is no way they double at least double that fee on a sale. Edwards May have done it again. I love the January window.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't know that he was the best player in Group E. But he was certainly one of the best players on the pitch in both matches Liverpool played.

His versatility is probably a lot of what Klopp is excited about. He's all about a player who can put in effort and play wherever. The club has 5 or 6 of them running around the midfield.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't know that he was the best player in Group E. But he was certainly one of the best players on the pitch in both matches Liverpool played.

His versatility is probably a lot of what Klopp is excited about. He's all about a player who can put in effort and play wherever. The club has 5 or 6 of them running around the midfield.
Best player in the group or not, he is certainly in that conversation. Either way this is a great player at a bargain.

Minamino is adidas sponsored for the record.

Reactions: ecemleafs

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Wouldn't say that Minamino is better than Hwang, but for that price it is a no-brainer.
I would. I would take either though. LFC could have signed Any if these Salzburg guys and our back room team has picked Minamino. Those guys have shown that they know what they are doing. It’s especially interesting because you would think Hwang (or even Haaland) play in a more immediate (or at least on paper) position of need. Minamino will probably cost the least of the three too.

At 7.25m that is not prohibitive if they need another guy in January too. They still may look for a forward so they can get Brewster on loan, and they might need a CB too based on the health of Lovren (aho had a very cryptic IG post yesterday) and Matip. This is just a great opportunity to get a player, make a profit and add to the depth. It’s logical and sensible. Not to mention all the Nike kits they are going to sell in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad