Transfer: 2019-20 Winter Transfer News, Rumors, and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
According to Nizaar Kinsella, Chelsea's shortlist is as follows. I do expect some crazy rumors with the ban lifted and a ton of cash to spend. I would think a high-end attacker and LB would be a top priority.

Sancho
Havertz
Berge
Werner
Zaha
Chilwell
Ake

I'd love all of those signings except Zaha. I don't think Zaha looks nearly as good on a team where he isn't the main guy driving the offense.

Of those, I think Havertz would be my biggest dream. Chilwell would be great. A little more iffy on Ake, just because I think that we're eventually gonna have a real logjam at CB (Rudiger, Tomori, Zouma, and Christensen is pretty good depth).

Reactions: bleedblue1223

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
According to Nizaar Kinsella, Chelsea's shortlist is as follows. I do expect some crazy rumors with the ban lifted and a ton of cash to spend. I would think a high-end attacker and LB would be a top priority.

Sancho
Havertz
Berge
Werner
Zaha
Chilwell
Ake
Zero interest in Zaha, he is a one-dimensional player.

I'd take anyone else on that list.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Werner is probably going to go for a silly fee if he hasn’t already agreed to go to Bayern.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Any players on man utd radar?

this site is pretty good at separating the fake rumors and the likely one.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Zaha seems like the type of player who would explode (in a negative way) at a big club. He already has issues with keeping his cool and flying off the handle when things don't go well, imagine him at a top tier club and feeling heat from the fans that he's not delivering while being chipped at by defenders repeatedly (like Hazard was).

Reactions: Cucumber

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Zaha seems like the type of player who would explode (in a negative way) at a big club. He already has issues with keeping his cool and flying off the handle when things don't go well, imagine him at a top tier club and feeling heat from the fans that he's not delivering while being chipped at by defenders repeatedly (like Hazard was).
His passing ability and link up play are also not very good for a top club. He's in a perfect place relative to his abilities as it is.

Reactions: Cucumber

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Almost none of those players are options for the winter window. Chelsea should stash their money and wait until the summer.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Almost none of those players are options for the winter window. Chelsea should stash their money and wait until the summer.
I don't expect them to land any huge players in the winter, although it could happen. Some cover maybe, but even that might not happen. I agree generally, save the cash and spend it next summer.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Do you think he’d go abroad?

If he has no options in Germany, I suspect he will. He’s going to leave Schalke eventually and there’s three teams in Germany that are enough of a step up from Schalke to justify a move, although only two are an option for a player at Schalke.

I think it’s Leipzig or abroad. I think Juventus, Spurs, PSG and Madrid are a few teams that could use a keeper in the summer.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't expect them to land any huge players in the winter, although it could happen. Some cover maybe, but even that might not happen. I agree generally, save the cash and spend it next summer.
Right. Ake could be the realistic one depending on how that clause is written. Of the others, I could easily see what we did with Pulisic. Lock the deal in now, but loan back to original club to avoid the summer battle. We have a good enough squad to stay in top 4 and winning the league is unrealistic at this point.

And for the aspect of those players not being available in winter, yes that makes sense, almost none of any clubs' shortlist are available in the winter window, it's why big moves rarely happen.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Demiral wants to leave Juve since he’s not getting game time. Being linked to United, Spurs, and Arsenal. If it’s game time, I could see him going to Arsenal since that’s the only team where he’d instantly be the best CB they have. Spurs it really depends. I think that they have Alderweireld and Vertonghen whose contracts are up after this season. If even one of them comes back (I expect both will) then Demiral is the 4th best CB they have. For United, he would be their 3rd best but they do have Tuanzebe who is great as a 3rd.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kicker, the most reliable source for Dortmund news at the moment, said 0% chance Sancho leaves in the winter.

They also said we’re working on getting Haaland signed, but it’s not clear yet how likely that is.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I would. But depends on how much Liverpool have to add.

that’s a terrible rumor site, but I wouldn’t be shocked if one goes this summer. If Liverpool won the league a few key players might see the job done and the desire to move for a new challenge and a massive payday. Liverpool are a great club, but they won’t pay the same and living in Liverpool isn’t Madrid or Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->