Speculation: 2019-20 Trade thread (NOT Tank Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Most trades tend to fall under common ground in the mind of the GMs, I don't think any GM says

Hey let me trade X + Y to get Z, and completely fleece myself.

No one is going to pay top dollar for Henrique, we all know that... his contract is fine right now... but it has potential to be no soo good looking in the not too distant future.

We didn't have to move Kase, and I think majority of us thought that trade would look a lot different... and my guess is BM is pretty happy with the trade.
Yes, trades tend to be centered around something that works for both sides. And value will always be subjective. And there's also the fact that some teams are more desperate than others to get a deal done. We're not making the playoffs and the city of Anaheim won't even notice. OTOH, people will burn down Toronto if the Leafs miss. Sometimes that can be used as leverage, sometimes not. But a good GM will use everything he can to his advantage in working a deal.

It's not about trying to fleece anybody but it is about being firm in what you want in order to make a deal. You may ask what you think is a little high, knowing you could come down some. But you don't just keep haggling until you have a deal done. My point is, Bob (and other GMs) hang up without a deal 99 times out of 100 when trade talks start. You on the other hand, will always complete a deal on the first call, no matter what it takes. You shouldn't.

Reactions: duckpuck

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yes, trades tend to be centered around something that works for both sides. And value will always be subjective. And there's also the fact that some teams are more desperate than others to get a deal done. We're not making the playoffs and the city of Anaheim won't even notice. OTOH, people will burn down Toronto if the Leafs miss. Sometimes that can be used as leverage, sometimes not. But a good GM will use everything he can to his advantage in working a deal.

It's not about trying to fleece anybody but it is about being firm in what you want in order to make a deal. You may ask what you think is a little high, knowing you could come down some. But you don't just keep haggling until you have a deal done. My point is, Bob (and other GMs) hang up without a deal 99 times out of 100 when trade talks start. You on the other hand, will always complete a deal on the first call, no matter what it takes. You shouldn't.
Meh to each their own... I feel like a lot of people go into trade boards(not just duck fans just any fan base)… to go "NO WAY HES WORTH WAY MORE THAN THAT", HAHA SHIT OFFER, ++ etc... I don't mind having conversations and trying to get to a point that seems fair.

Its not like BM reads my posts and says... hey getz2noone seems like he knows how to run a team and he thinks Manson is worth kapanen + liljegren so I should do that... plus I like his name!

for me the trade forums/trade threads are a lot more interesting when you can some what agree on values with other people.... and majority of trade threads/trade boards is 1 team laughing their asses off.... now obviously there are extreme cases often on trade boards... but I don't think Henrique for 2 2nds + prospect is extreme... and if that trade happened I don't think you would be shocked or overly pissed.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Well, I hope we can re-sign him. Hoping for a 2nd and expecting a conditional 4th that can turn into a 3rd. He isn't getting more than kovalchuk.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Well, I hope we can re-sign him. Hoping for a 2nd and expecting a conditional 4th that can turn into a 3rd. He isn't getting more than kovalchuk.

From what the experts said the Habs accommodated Kovy by trading him to the Caps which is one of the places he wanted to go. That would limit his value a bit so I wouldn’t necessarily say Grant can’t get more.

Reactions: McDonald19

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Just re sign him ffs he deserves some stability let him buy a house and be comfortable for once.

Wonder if the plan is to bring him back and they let him know they want to sign him in the summer. It’s only like a few months and he will get a chance at a cup and then get a nice contract in July from Anaheim hopefully.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
From what the experts said the Habs accommodated Kovy by trading him to the Caps which is one of the places he wanted to go. That would limit his value a bit so I wouldn’t necessarily say Grant can’t get more.
Ah I see. Well hopefully teams get desperate.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Wonder if the plan is to bring him back and they let him know they want to sign him in the summer. It’s only like a few months and he will get a chance at a cup and then get a nice contract in July from Anaheim hopefully.
That doesn't always work out. Rather just re sign him and get it over with.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Based on what the Habs previously said, it makes you think he’s already agreed on a deal to come back.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
So any guesses which teams might be interested in Grant and what he might get?

There are many, I don't know of how many teams couldn't use a center, but the Oilers definitely stand out to me, especially given their cap situation.

What he brings back is tougher to figure out. Being a center and being that there are very few options at center, it could be a lot. Pageau is the "big" name and might just stay put Haula's probably the next biggest name and also might just stay where he is. Both of those guys also should go down to the last couple hours and come with big asks. It would make a ton of sense for a team to pounce on him early. On the flip side, theres just never been much interest in him league-wide. Even the last time he broke out be ended up taking the minimum. There's a decent chance a lot of teams don't like him much at all.

Wouldn't be shocked if it's a 2nd or even a little more, wouldn't be shocked if theres a lot of conditions, but my guess is a 3rd and a player of some sort.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That doesn't always work out. Rather just re sign him and get it over with.
I wouldnt be shocked if team asked him if he wants to go to contender, and gave him the choice.... hell be 30, not many shots left to get a cup or contract... might want to see what hes worth open market then circle back.

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
With Pesce out longterm Canes look to be in a need of a Defenseman so MDZ could be a consideration. But one thing I forgot - Canes GM absolutely pissed off BM with that Kase leak so I`m not sure BM would like to discuss any trade deals with them. Who knows.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Are we going to do a trade deadline game day thread? Or just keep it in here

Also anyone know of an alert app that will update me on trades, moving today so i wont get to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad