Speculation: 2019-20 Trade thread (NOT Tank Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I wonder if it would be for sprong. Looks like Milano has struggled to produce at the NHL level. He'd fit right in!

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I don't mind a reclamation project pickup, I just hope this doesn't divert Murray's attention from what is really needed

Reactions: Getz2noone

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Milano definitely isn't lacking in the skill department, but Torts hates him. I wouldn't mind taking a flyer. I'm gonna guess it's something around Shore. Would say Sprong, but I doubt he'd fit in with Torts either.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He put up 14 goals in 55 games as a 21 year old. But yeah Torts hates him. Could be something around Sprong.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Commodore broke loads last year at the deadline. He has legit sources.

I think he broke 3, hence the goal to break 4 this year, so hes no Bobby Mac. But yeah, I don't think it's that much of a joke anymore.

This one's also so random. If hes out there swinging for the fences on rentals expected to go like Ennis and Simmonds that's one thing, but this isn't that at all.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Last year the trades he broke didn't happen right away. We will see I guess, this wouldn't be anything earth shattering.

A sprong for Milano change of scenery definitely makes the most sense though.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Just seems like he’s guessing more than anything, usually based off of what other insiders are already reporting

That's definitely how the bit started, but its evolved. This one also doesn't fit that, no ones talking about Milano to Anaheim or Milano at all. That's why I'm intrigued by this one as opposed to something like Ennis to the Oilers.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I thibk there were reports that we were i terested in picking Milano in the draft that year but ended up with Ritchie available

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I would rather have milano
Why? Production wise they are pretty similar. We don’t exactly need another underperforming left winger. Plus he’s older than Sprong.
The problem is, the Ducks have given up on Sprong, so if they can turn him into a $1 scratcher it's better than nothing.
It would seem like poor asset management to move one reclamation project for another one with less upside because you can’t get sprong to be a better player after one year. Milano doesnt fill a need here.

I’m just not seeing the reasoning why we would move the younger player with more potential who can fill a need for an older similar player who doesnt fill a need.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Milano seems interesting. Maybe he can be a player who needs new scenery and can find success in Anaheim like a Grant or Gudbrandson. Looking at his numbers, can only help the lineup.

Don’t mind to see Anaheim take a crack at another team’s 1st round picks that hasn’t worked out for them. Worked with Gudbrandson, and should come cheap. Ducks need some new blood in the line up. But at this point of the season, it’s about moving forward and focusing on growing next year, and in two years, start to compete.

As per the Sprong debate yeah it’s certainly curious. Maybe there is some bad blood with him and management, and maybe both players will benefit changing teams. I dunno, but shouldn’t cost much to do this.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Sonny Milano is also lightyears better in terms of not being one-dimensional. I wouldn't mind that trade if it was straight-up Sprong-for-Milano, because I'm honestly not enthused about the odds of Sprong actually turning into a goal scorer dangerous enough that we can ignore his shortcomings everywhere else.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Why? Production wise they are pretty similar. We don’t exactly need another underperforming left winger. Plus he’s older than Sprong.

It would seem like poor asset management to move one reclamation project for another one with less upside because you can’t get sprong to be a better player after one year. Milano doesnt fill a need here.

I’m just not seeing the reasoning why we would move the younger player with more potential who can fill a need for an older similar player who doesnt fill a need.
Sprong isn't improving anything in the ahl he's still a selfish player that coasts on defense, the other night they were on the power play and he tried to go coast to coast 3 straight times and loss the puck each time ending the power play.

He was then benched

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Rico may not be worth a lot with his contract, but no way is Milano the main piece in a deal for him.
Nor did I say it was... that was just the piece that has been some what discussed, by commendore

I was just suggesting if it was potentially part of a deal for Henrique.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Milano was on the top of my wishlist at the draft back then. So I would not mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad