Speculation: 2019-20 Trade thread (NOT Tank Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Locking this one up until after the trade deadline, use the trade deadline GDT for today.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Mikko Lehtonen, KHL's top scoring Dman this past regular season, has managed to terminate his contract with Jokerit, with the intention of coming over to the NHL. No word on where he's going yet, but due to his age he can only be signed to a 1-year ELC (UFA the following year).

The guy has blossomed into a world class defender in the past few years. Went to the Liiga finals with Tappara, later anchored a championship-winning blueline in Sweden. Was a huge part of team Finland's unlikely championship squad in the last WHC, where he also got tournament all-star honors. Now he made a KHL debut and scored 17 goals and 49 points in 60 games, leading his team in points. Also had a team-leading +26 rating, FWIW.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Mikko Lehtonen, KHL's top scoring Dman this past regular season, has managed to terminate his contract with Jokerit, with the intention of coming over to the NHL. No word on where he's going yet, but due to his age he can only be signed to a 1-year ELC (UFA the following year).

The guy has blossomed into a world class defender in the past few years. Went to the Liiga finals with Tappara, later anchored a championship-winning blueline in Sweden. Was a huge part of team Finland's unlikely championship squad in the last WHC, where he also got tournament all-star honors. Now he made a KHL debut and scored 17 goals and 49 points in 60 games, leading his team in points. Also had a team-leading +26 rating, FWIW.
This is the trade thread

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

He's been connected to New Jersey I think.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
This is the trade thread

Posted this here, as in the past we had trade/fa threads combined. If this is no longer the case, my apologies.

He's been connected to New Jersey I think.

Sportsnet is saying at least NJ, MTL, LA. In a weird backwards logic, I was thinking that if he's willing to think about LA, why not Anaheim as well. His WHC buddy Hakanpää plays here as well, FWIW.

And I know, that's just a rumored list of teams that are supposedly after him, and that we have no actual idea of his intentions.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Could he help step in and QB a PP at this level? Is he a two way guy or more of an offensive player?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Posted this here, as in the past we had trade/fa threads combined. If this is no longer the case, my apologies.

Sportsnet is saying at least NJ, MTL, LA. In a weird backwards logic, I was thinking that if he's willing to think about LA, why not Anaheim as well. His WHC buddy Hakanpää plays here as well, FWIW.

And I know, that's just a rumored list of teams that are supposedly after him, and that we have no actual idea of his intentions.

Just because he's interested in LA doesn't mean he'd be interested here, and vice versa. A guy like this, who has to take a cheap ELC but then is a UFA after, probably isn't looking at the city or area particularly prominently. For him specifically the Kings offer a lot that we can't.

Even just look at all three teams and what they have in common. They're all fairly shallow on defense and especially the left side. All feature the possibility he could jump right to a top pairing with a notable right side partner. Here he's behind two very good defensemen on that side and even if there was a switch there's two more established vets on the other. There's also more competition for depth spots than those teams. It'd be nice but if I were him we'd be pretty far down the list.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Way easier to win a spot on LA's defense than ours. We have Fowler and Lindholm as NHL locks on the left side, with Djoos, Guhle, Larsson, and Mahura competing for the 3rd spot/press box. LA's left side currently consists of Hutton (who won't be back), MacDermid, and Mikey Anderson... No one should be surprised someone like him would be way more interesting in signing there than here.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
:ducks:leafs

Manson
for
2021 1st+Liljegren+Somone to make the cap work

:ducks:avs

Rakell
for
Timmins+2020 1st

:ducks:sabres
Henrique+Larsson+Jones+2020 3rd
for
Ristolainen+Johnson+2020 2nd

I posted this on the trade board.

I personally would love this. It would instantly rehabilitate the defensive depth and give a real top 4 in the NHL. Lilegren would be by far our best defensive prospect.

Along with 5 1sts in the next 2 drafts and another 2nd this year, these are the types of moves they should make to actually rebuild. Bring in young NHL talent and high level prospects/1sts/2nds. Move out the guys who are due big raises they dont deserve (Rakell), or guys who are a luxury we do not need while rebuilding (Henrique).

At the same time, I don't actually think this makes the Ducks that much worse. The Defense would be miles better then anything we have seen in 2 years, and Risto would be the defensemen we have on the PP since Lubo? He is also still just 25 years old and will be until October.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I would still be wanting Sandin in any deal with Manson going to the Leafs. I know he’s Leaf fans shiny new toy and a real good prospect but in all likelihood he’s going to end up as a good second pairing guy, which is the very least I would expect for Manson.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009

I personally would love this. It would instantly rehabilitate the defensive depth and give a real top 4 in the NHL. Lilegren would be by far our best defensive prospect.

Along with 5 1sts in the next 2 drafts and another 2nd this year, these are the types of moves they should make to actually rebuild. Bring in young NHL talent and high level prospects/1sts/2nds. Move out the guys who are due big raises they dont deserve (Rakell), or guys who are a luxury we do not need while rebuilding (Henrique).

At the same time, I don't actually think this makes the Ducks that much worse. The Defense would be miles better then anything we have seen in 2 years, and Risto would be the defensemen we have on the PP since Lubo? He is also still just 25 years old and will be until October.
You just dumped close to half our top 6.

How do we score goals on a team that's already starved for offence?

Reactions: duckpuck

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I would still be wanting Sandin in any deal with Manson going to the Leafs. I know he’s Leaf fans shiny new toy and a real good prospect but in all likelihood he’s going to end up as a good second pairing guy, which is the very least I would expect for Manson.
Manson wouldn’t get Sandin if he was still good, now he’s an average # 4

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Manson wouldn’t get Sandin if he was still good, now he’s an average # 4

He’s still far more than an average number 4. He didn’t have a great year but his usage was incredibly hard and he had a major injury.

Sandin is a great prospect but hfboards posters seem to value him on what his ceiling is, not where he likely ends up. He’s not a can’t miss top of the line prospect, he’s exactly the caliber of prospect that is moved in the type of deal it takes to get someone as unique as Manson.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He’s still far more than an average number 4. He didn’t have a great year but his usage was incredibly hard and he had a major injury.

Sandin is a great prospect but hfboards posters seem to value him on what his ceiling is, not where he likely ends up. He’s not a can’t miss top of the line prospect, he’s exactly the caliber of prospect that is moved in the type of deal it takes to get someone as unique as Manson.
He’s put up 2 bad seasons in a row, sandin would be our best d prospect by a large margin.... and no way the add a 1st on top of that

Reactions: DuckRogers10

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007

Exactly - how are we scoring goals? Also, I'm not sure what this does to expansion? Are all the young d men exempt?

He’s put up 2 bad seasons in a row, sandin would be our best d prospect by a large margin.... and no way the add a 1st on top of that

Toronto's first is 2021 and will likely be low - particularly if that trade goes through. I think you're overvaluing it. That being said, I think Toronto will not want to part with Sandin.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

I wouldn’t necessarily need the first to come back but if Sandin isn’t the centrepiece I see no reason to deal them Manson. We can get a better piece than Liljegren as the main piece coming back.

And just because he would be our best d prospect doesn’t mean his value goes up significantly. Being better than Mahura and Guhle doesn’t mean we will overvalue him.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I wouldn’t necessarily need the first to come back but if Sandin isn’t the centrepiece I see no reason to deal them Manson. We can get a better piece than Liljegren as the main piece coming back.

And just because he would be our best d prospect doesn’t mean his value goes up significantly. Being better than Mahura and Guhle doesn’t mean we will overvalue him.
Just cause Manson had a good year 3 years ago doesn’t mean a teams going to unload their top prospects for him.

His stats were heavily influenced by lindholm, Manson might be the most over rated dmen in the league

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Just cause Manson had a good year 3 years ago doesn’t mean a teams going to unload their top prospects for him.

His stats were heavily influenced by lindholm, Manson might be the most over rated dmen in the league

woah...that's a really bad take on Manson...really bad. Come the 2021 or 2022 trade deadline teams will be lining up to throw a lot of gold into the pot for him.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
woah...that's a really bad take on Manson...really bad. Come the 2021 or 2022 trade deadline teams will be lining up to throw a lot of gold into the pot for him.
Ya liljegren + 1st is a pretty solid offer for a guy like manson.

A team would love to add him as a 4/5th gritty guy that sticks up for teammates, but they aint selling the farm for it.

These forums live in a fantasy world where Manson didn't regress big time

Last edited:

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Ya liljegren + 1st is a pretty solid offer for a guy like manson.

A team would love to add him as a 4/5th gritty guy that sticks up for teammates, but they aint selling the farm for it.

These forums live in a fantasy world where Manson didn't regress big time

Not going to get into a back and forth with you but we'll see what the future holds. Manson is what every team dreams about come playoff time.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

It’s a rebuild without completely tearing it down. It isn’t like we are on the cusp of competing.

Not being open to moving guys because it will make us worse now is very shortsighted. Especially when all of our top prospects are forwards.

Rakell is going to walk as a UFA unless we pay him way too much. I’d way rather move him.

Henrique is gonna be 33 with 2 years left on his contract before we are ready to start to compete again.

Reactions: Mortal Wombat

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It’s a rebuild without completely tearing it down. It isn’t like we are on the cusp of competing.

Not being open to moving guys because it will make us worse now is very shortsighted. Especially when all of our top prospects are forwards.

Rakell is going to walk as a UFA unless we pay him way too much. I’d way rather move him.

Henrique is gonna be 33 with 2 years left on his contract before we are ready to start to compete again.
I feel like some people feel like Getzlaf is going to find the fountain of youth, manson is going to turn the clock back 3 year.

The team really does need a full rebuild, rakell holds a ton of value and could be a great piece to sell pretty high on specially considering the cap situation.

I really am hit or miss with Henrique... if we could get solid value for him id be down if not im also okay with him being a leader/locker guy to help with the young roster.

Manson likely wont be moved as the team loves him and wouldn't sell him for anything practical.

Cant see all 3 moves happen, but I wouldn't be mad if 1 of them were moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->