Speculation: 2019-20 Trade thread (NOT Tank Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
We have been having too many threads discussing the same things, so we are splitting into 4 threads for the time being. Please post accordingly.

This thread is for discussing all trade talk that is NOT tank related. Roster talk will be deleted or moved at mod discretion. Tank talk that spams the thread will be deleted, continued posts will infracted.

All tank talk goes here : Draft Lottery Thread

All roster talk of current players (not trade talk, not tank talk) goes here : Speculation: - Anaheim Ducks Roster Discussion Part IV

All trade talk that is NOT tank related goes here : Speculation: - 2019-20 Trade thread (NOT Tank Talk)

Last edited:

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I wouldn't mind taking Galchenyuk off of Pittsburgh's hands for the remainder of the season to give him a bit of a trial run with us before he hits free agency. The cost would be minimal, especially if we don't make Pittsburgh retain any salary.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I wouldn't mind taking Galchenyuk off of Pittsburgh's hands for the remainder of the season to give him a bit of a trial run with us before he hits free agency. The cost would be minimal, especially if we don't make Pittsburgh retain any salary.
This is one deal I can see happening as far as helping another team. Pittsburgh probably wants to add because of their injuries and have about 1.6 in space right now.

Lots of familiarity with them, I wonder what it would take.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
The big picture is becoming clearer in Pittsburgh -- JR wants to add Zucker, finance that by subtracting Galchenyuk. I think it comes down to Zucker's NTC and Minnesota's asking price...

One of the more interesting upcoming UFAs of the offseason: Mikael Granlund. Was a 60-70 point guy in Minnesota, is a total dud in Nashville. Sure, hockey players decline all the time, but it's like this guy fell off the cliff as soon as that trade call took place. Wonder if it's at all related to him and his GF having their first child recently..(also see Manson, Josh)?

Probably one of the biggest bounce-back candidates for 20-21. Question is what do you pay him after that Nashville stint..?

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
They prob want manson… and if were not getting sandin or liljergren in that deal its not worth it imo.
The Leafs are hurting for cap space, meaning that we could potentially snag a bad contract of theirs and get paid for it because they need space for more D. Doesn't have to be any of our D, really, as long as we can profit.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The Leafs are hurting for cap space, meaning that we could potentially snag a bad contract of theirs and get paid for it because they need space for more D. Doesn't have to be any of our D, really, as long as we can profit.
The problem is they don't really have any "bad" contracts.... Really only piece I could see them move for cap space is Ceci(have another post where I bring this up)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
As for trade deadline.... I imagine

Sure thing moves: These are just general value(could be used in trades)
MDZ- for a 6th... I don't mind him... but a lot of teams would like to add a player like him for depth purposes before playoffs.
Deslauries- for a 4th(maybe 3rd, lot of teams want some grit)… I like deslauries a lot, hes done exactly what he has been brought in here to do... but if we could get our 4th(or higher) back that we traded for him that would be good.... and we can still try and resign him as a free agent.
Grant- for a 4th Another good depth player that a lot of playoff teams wouldn't mind adding, solid face off guy, another player I wouldn't mind resigning in offseason, but because his contract is up, if we don't extend him we should look at getting another pick.

Maybe moves:
Shore- for a 5th He just hasn't really worked out in Anaheim, I cant imagine we have any intention of resigning him... but I think another team might find a use for him as a utility/depth guy... might be under selling on him cause I dislike him /shrug
Miller- for a 3rd(before anyone has a fit, assuming he wants to make a run) Definitely a market for him, more if he wants to go or not... im fine if he stays, but if he wants to take 1 last run.. I think we can get a 3rd for him pretty easily.

Trade: (relax, just speculations for fun), I don't mind if you disagree but at least explain your argument.

Toronto: Ceci + 2nd
Anaheim: Deslauries + 6th + Holzer

Toronto clears up a chunk of cap to ideally help make a move for a dmen, deslauries helps them put a little beef in the line up... they clearly miss a guy like Matt Martin. Hozler gives them a little extra veteran depth.

Edmonton: Russel + Pulj + 1st
Anaheim: Kase

Edmonton adds a legit top 6 winger to their line up, on a good contract.... while clearing up cap space for this year and next year. Ducks add a bit of a project in Puljujarvi… still oozing with potential tho… and a 1st that should land somewhere around 22 to pick up another asset for the future. Risk for Anaheim... kase goes off and stays healthy with those centers, Risk for Edmonton Pulj becomes what he was predicted to become.

Dallas: Cogliano + Honka + 4th
Anaheim: Rowney + Morand

Ducks get a RHD to put into our prospect pool... since we have basically 0. Dallas gets rid of cogs cap space for the couple years going forward... rowneys ends a year earlier + roughly 2 mil cheaper. I admit I may be off on this 1 a little bit(might be over valuing honka.

Last edited:

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

MDZ- for a 6th... I don't mind him... but a lot of teams would like to add a player like him for depth purposes before playoffs.
Deslauries- for a 4th(maybe 3rd, lot of teams want some grit)… I like deslauries a lot, hes done exactly what he has been brought in here to do... but if we could get our 4th(or higher) back that we traded for him that would be good.... and we can still try and resign him as a free agent.
Grant- for a 4th Another good depth player that a lot of playoff teams wouldn't mind adding, solid face off guy, another player I wouldn't mind resigning in offseason, but because his contract is up, if we don't extend him we should look at getting another pick.

Maybe moves:
Shore- for a 5th He just hasn't really worked out in Anaheim, I cant imagine we have any intention of resigning him... but I think another team might find a use for him as a utility/depth guy... might be under selling on him cause I dislike him /shrug
Miller- for a 3rd(before anyone has a fit, assuming he wants to make a run) Definitely a market for him, more if he wants to go or not... im fine if he stays, but if he wants to take 1 last run.. I think we can get a 3rd for him pretty easily.

Trade: (relax, just speculations for fun), I don't mind if you disagree but at least explain your argument.

Toronto clears up a chunk of cap to ideally help make a move for a dmen, deslauries helps them put a little beef in the line up... they clearly miss a guy like Matt Martin. Hozler gives them a little extra veteran depth.

Edmonton adds a legit top 6 winger to their line up, on a good contract.... while clearing up cap space for this year and next year. Ducks add a bit of a project in Puljujarvi… still oozing with potential tho… and a 1st that should land somewhere around 22 to pick up another asset for the future. Risk for Anaheim... kase goes off and stays healthy with those centers, Risk for Edmonton Pulj becomes what he was predicted to become.

Ducks get a RHD to put into our prospect pool... since we have basically 0. Dallas gets rid of cogs cap space for the couple years going forward... rowneys ends a year earlier + roughly 2 mil cheaper. I admit I may be off on this 1 a little bit(might be over valuing honka.

I like the idea of re-acquiring Cogs.

So after the Ducks originally acquired Cogs from Edmonton for a 2nd rounder, the trade would now look like a 2nd for Cogs + Shore + Honka + 4th rounder.
Dallas Stars absolutely lose.

Both trades with Dallas would be like in the Simpsons when Mr. Burns sold his nuclear plant to the Germans and then the Germans realize it cost to much to get it up to code so then they are desperate to sell it back to Burns for less and Burns gets a profit fur buying back his own plant for less than what he sold it for.

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
I know they're probably pipe dreams, and most likely wouldn't happen until offseason, but man, if BM could swing some kind of deal to get either DeAngelo or DeBrusk (pending RFAs looking for raises), I'd be happy. Both Bruins and Rangers have interesting cap decisions they'll need to deal with. Also wonder about Buchnevich since he could probably use a change of scenery and still has 1 more year at 3.25.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I know they're probably pipe dreams, and most likely wouldn't happen until offseason, but man, if BM could swing some kind of deal to get either DeAngelo or DeBrusk (pending RFAs looking for raises), I'd be happy. Both Bruins and Rangers have interesting cap decisions they'll need to deal with. Also wonder about Buchnevich since he could probably use a change of scenery and still has 1 more year at 3.25.
I like debrusk a lot... I think hed compliment some of our young players well. I imagine 1 of kase/Ritchie would have to go back tho.

I guess hypothetically... we could use rakell in that move maybe

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019

Maybe moves:

I would take a hard pass on Ceci and Puj too much of a project and the team has a few Ceci like overrated defensemen anyways.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I would take a hard pass on Ceci and Puj too much of a project and the team has a few Ceci like overrated defensemen anyways.
Ceci is ufa at end of year... were essentially takin his cap hit for the 2nd round pick.

Pulj in my head, could maybe be mentored by teemu... and maybe we can get him back on track... i still think be can be a really good nhl player... and might be an ideal winger for zegras.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Why do people want to bring Cogliano? He is not a good player anymore. He is a pure cap dump, and I’d want to be paid accordingly to take him back.
Well like i said ... i may have been over valueing honka... but essentially honka + 4th was the payment(stars dont have 2nd or 3rd)... and cogs is overpaid a bit but hes still a solid bottom 6 player. I figured that 1 for sure had to be adjusted. But in my mind Honka is worth a 2nd, and adding a 4th seems like a fair enough for roughly a overpayment of 1.3 mil for 2.5 seasons.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Ceci is ufa at end of year... were essentially takin his cap hit for the 2nd round pick.

Pulj in my head, could maybe be mentored by teemu... and maybe we can get him back on track... i still think be can be a really good nhl player... and might be an ideal winger for zegras.
is teemu even doing any work with the team? just because Pulj is finnish doesn't really mean Teemu is gonna spend his free time mentoring him. Pulj has all the signs of a NHL bust and the fact that this organization can't even develop our own draft pick into skillful players, I don't see any reason to go after another teams failed prospect.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
is teemu even doing any work with the team? just because Pulj is finnish doesn't really mean Teemu is gonna spend his free time mentoring him. Pulj has all the signs of a NHL bust and the fact that this organization can't even develop our own draft pick into skillful players, I don't see any reason to go after another teams failed prospect.
I know he is around a decent amount... As for development... how many of our players are actually that skilled? Most were late 1st round picks or worse.

Steel/jones/comtois/terry are all players that were always going to take some time to develop(hence why they were drafted as late as they were) ... and people are too busy jumping to conclusions on em. Ritchie I suppose, but I don't think he was ever going to be a super star pick.. .he was a giant playing against kids in juniors.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I know he is around a decent amount... As for development... how many of our players are actually that skilled? Most were late 1st round picks or worse.

Steel/jones/comtois/terry are all players that were always going to take some time to develop(hence why they were drafted as late as they were) ... and people are too busy jumping to conclusions on em. Ritchie I suppose, but I don't think he was ever going to be a super star pick.. .he was a giant playing against kids in juniors.
Steel, Terry, Comtois, Kase, are all skillful players who aren't developing like we would hope. Kase is mostly due to injury, but the fact that he hasn't gotten better is a worrisome sign. I just don't see the appeal with Pulj. I just see another yakupov player. and if there is a NHL caliber player there, I don't see us as the team to bring it out.

And I'm not jumping to any conclusions on the rookies, but I am coming to conclusion that this organization can not develop skilled forwards properly.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Steel, Terry, Comtois, Kase, are all skillful players who aren't developing like we would hope. Kase is mostly due to injury, but the fact that he hasn't gotten better is a worrisome sign. I just don't see the appeal with Pulj. I just see another yakupov player. and if there is a NHL caliber player there, I don't see us as the team to bring it out.

And I'm not jumping to any conclusions on the rookies, but I am coming to conclusion that this organization can not develop skilled forwards properly.
Eh you put young kids into line ups with virtually 0 star power and a bunch of other kids, and a new coach... and they might struggle, but again its getting their feet wet... they know what to expect and in the offseason they work on it and come back and hopefully next year they take big steps.

Well sure... your entitled to your opinion on pulj. My opinion is pulj can still turn into a good player, I doubt the oilers would move him in division anyway, just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad