2019-20 Roster Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Flyers gonna keep all this cap space for all our restricted free agents and then re-sign them all. Deadhead will still be saying we need to save it until the next round of RFA’s.

We will have 15 million in space for the rest of the franchises history! **** Panarin. **** Karlsson. Our own kids will become them one day!!!

**** Tavares because Patrick will be just as good (what a ****ing joke of a statement).

ROR wouldn’t have been worth the terrible asking price because he’s too expensive and needs PP1 time. Those 77 points wouldn’t have helped this team finish in the top 8 in the east.

You should really stop being dramatic with your hot ****ty takes and let go of the costs of the players. We have cap space and two players that are franchise players hitting UFA. You need to try and improve this team by any means. The cap isn’t a problem so we can improve it literally in anyway.
While I agree he would have help a ton this season. I doubt that ror would have had 77 points as he wouldn’t have been on the pp1. Also we probably still have hak and hex.

But ror is someone I wanted bad. Oh well.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
We have a guy in Sanheim who was more productive than what he’s shown to this point under the same **** circumstances & doesn’t even get near the same rope.
Hopefully that was just the prior regime. The most annoying thing about the Hextall/Hakstol era was the fact that players were assigned roles before they even got the NHL.

Reactions: Ruck Over

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You must be kidding or really wanting to start a conversation with a opinion you don't even believe in just because.

Watching Myers, he made numerous mistakes in positioning, looked tentative at times on offense, got turned around at times.
And the advanced metrics confirms it, he was a below replacement player.

Which means little in the long run, he was a rookie trying to adjust to the NHL in mid-season, on a franchise with a coach without a coherent system.

Don't know why admitting a prospect struggled is such a big deal.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Signing FAs is a two way street, what if Panarin is headed to Fla, and Duchene wants the 8 year deal in CBJ?
Who else are you going to sign?

And I like Spurgeon, but I'm not spending #11 for one year and then give him a big extension.
Trouba will cost big money and isn't good enough to be worth big assets as well.
Don't think he's better than our top four, a couple years ahead of them (except Ghost) in experience but seems to have flat lined.

So I'm not going to panic if Fletcher makes a couple smaller moves instead of overpaying for good but not great players.

Smart teams target players who can help without costing so much you're just taking from Peter to pay Paul.
Dumb teams try and make a big splash and don't worry about the consequences.

Reactions: IronMarshal

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
And for those who bring up ROR:

St Louis was almost certainly asked for Thomas, and they said no, and would have walked away.
Instead, they got ROR for Thompson, a 2019 1st and a 2020 2n.
They got Schenn and a salary dump for what they thought was #27 and probably #25 or so in 2018.
They signed Bozak and Perron last summer, not JT.
And traded Stastny for a 1st at the TDL, Reaves and a 2nd for Sundqvist and a 1st, and Shattenkirk for a 1st and Sanford in 2017.
So they were out zero 1st rd picks, got Schenn, ROR, Sanford and Sundqvist, and dumped a bunch of veteran salaries that paid for Bozak and Perron.

That's how you do "value trading."

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
Meltzer seems to think Gostisbehere might be traded.
I think Fletch will try and shake things up a little. If we trade for a top 4 Dman someone has to go. I would be really be surprised if they traded Provorov, Sanheim or Myers. Hagg, Amac and Morin don't have much value so that leaves Ghost and/or Gudas.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Seems tacky when insiders speculate about trade possibilities. In Meltzer’s case, seems like he wants Gostisbehere to be moved.

Where is Myrtetus? For a while he was the king of inside scoopzzzz. So many sourcezzzz. When his hit rate couldn't rise above zero after so many scoopzzzz he disappeared.

It's still a fact @FLYguy3911 has broken more trades than any beat writer in many years. 2 for 2. No BS.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
They won't be, even Chuckles isn't that stupid.

jgZOWPe.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So who do you exile to the third pair?

Trouba doesn't look like a value acquisition, we don't need another offensive defensemen, we'd be better with a defenseman like Spurgeon, given we already have Provorov, Ghost, Sanheim and Myers.

It's not like Trouba will be free, significant assets PLUS a big extension.
I don't see the value on the margin for this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad