2019-20 Roster Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
idk...in 5 years 11m will be likely like 8m now. I don't want to trade what DD will cost...but IMO, we can deal with the back half of the contract to get the 5 good years now. We wouldn't be able to absorb other bad contracts...but I don't see that one having a significant impact on other cap considerations.

EK is a better timeline fit, and cost.

If every one of our farm picks hit...we will be losing someone...just trade them in the last year, ect and recoup assets.

Say 4% a year increase in revenues, in five years that's 20-25%, or $11M will be like $9.3M.
But salaries for other players will increase with the cap, while in five years Doughty may be a 2nd/3rd pair guy (at age 34).

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I may be wrong and correct me if I am but from what I read about the LAK in the LA Times, the front office wasn't too pleased with Doughty and that was a two way street. The Kings didn't care for some of the things that he said in the press and he didn't like the moving of Muzzin.
Doughty's play certainly was not up to expectations and at his age, that should just be a bump in the road not an indication of lost skills. Then again the Kings were a grease fire this season that was worse than what we had here in Philly.

Breeze 44

Jan 20, 2007
South Jersey
Muzzin would have been a great fit here and I thought Fletch should have pulled off a deal at the deadline for him..... I can't stand Doughty anymore, want no parts of him.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I would kill for Doughty here. Dude plays 28 minutes a night and is always noticeable on the ice. He’s one of the few guys that can dictate play game in game out. I couldn’t care less about his personality if he’s on the team I like, would anyone realistically complain about someone like Marchand if he was a Flyer?

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I still like Doughty a lot. Yes, he's arrogant, but he's earned it and he can back it up on the ice.

You have guys like Doughty or Keith or Burns. There's an aura to them. We don't have that on our D.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
I still like Doughty a lot. Yes, he's arrogant, but he's earned it and he can back it up on the ice.

You have guys like Doughty or Keith or Burns. There's an aura to them. We don't have that on our D.
Ghost flashes it for sure. The others have multiple seasons of it.

Reactions: LorneMalvo

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
GM's can''t care about what a player has done, which is what makes him attractive to fans, but what a player will do in the future, and what it will cost to obtain that future production.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
tale of the tape:

Couts
xGF/60 .184
xGA/60 -.136
EV GAR 15.1
PP GAR 2.9
SH GAR -0.1
PEN GAR 2.2

ROR
xGF/60 .172
xGA/60 -.011
EV GAR 14.7
PP GAR 2.4
SH GAR -0.2
PEN GAR 3.5

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Do you think Couturier had a better season than ROR?

Trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I’m not seeing the advantage for O’Reilly here...

Let me take a closer look

EDIT:

Yeah, let me know what you're looking at. I'm not finding anything

Last edited:

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Why are we talking about O'Reily? He would have been nice last season in a trade but I didn't think he would be available now? A short term 2 or 3c is all I want to help Patrick and Frost to progress at their own pace.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
tale of the tape:

Couts
xGF/60 .184
xGA/60 -.136
EV GAR 15.1
PP GAR 2.9
SH GAR -0.1
PEN GAR 2.2

ROR
xGF/60 .172
xGA/60 -.011
EV GAR 14.7
PP GAR 2.4
SH GAR -0.2
PEN GAR 3.5

If you believe in this comparison, it's saying that the two players are indistinguishable. There's a lot of error in these aggregate value measurements.

Philly Fanatik

"They're going home!"
Jun 24, 2017
Clarenville,NL,Canada
Wonder if Fletcher would have any influence,personal attachment or connection with Kirill Kaprizov of the Wild for an impending trade?
Dandy player that would help at the centre position!
One of the top players in the world not in the NHL...

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
This isn't really the time of the place. However, have you seen the name of the song, and read the lyrics to the song. To say they are offensive is a massive understatement. We aren't talking 2019 offensive where everything is offensive either. It was time to move on from the Kate Smith stuff anyway. The Flyers desperately need to let go of the 70's.

Listen to the entire song. It is a satire on what African Americans had to deal with in the South in the late 1800s not a derogatory song about African Americans. It was meant to ridicule the way they were treated.

Reactions: Larry44

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Listen to the entire song. It is a satire on what African Americans had to deal with in the South in the late 1800s not a derogatory song about African Americans. It was meant to ridicule the way they were treated.

I mean, who would know that from listening to the song? There's subtle references to it being satire in ways, but they weren't wildly into satire of real-life issues back then.

Reactions: The Madrigal

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
It doesn't matter even if it was a satire which is debatable. You can't use certain words and phrases. You can't use the term'' pickanniny'' which is in the song title or ''darkies.'' It's absolutely no different than using the N word and saying but it's just satire. That doesn't even take into account the fact that there is stuff in the song about little black kids wanting watermelons, and stating that ''darkies'' were born because somebody has to pick the cotton. I would agree that the PC world of 2019 is getting a little bit out of hand, but this is pretty blatant and horrible racist content without any gray area.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
It doesn't matter even if it was a satire which is debatable. You can't use certain words and phrases. You can't use the term'' pickanniny'' which is in the song title or ''darkies.'' It's absolutely no different than using the N word and saying but it's just satire. That doesn't even take into account the fact that there is stuff in the song about little black kids wanting watermelons, and stating that ''darkies'' were born because somebody has to pick the cotton. I would agree that the PC world of 2019 is getting a little bit out of hand, but this is pretty blatant and horrible racist content without any gray area.

So, are they cutting Welcome to the jungle or other G&R songs from their play list?
Check out the lyrics to “one in a million”.
They actually wrote the lyrics to the song they sung.
Context and intent should always be considered.
I really don’t care about Kate Smith. I wouldn’t know who she was if it wasn’t for the Flyers in all likelihood. However, It’s patheic the Flyers trotted her out for their benefit when they saw fit but then are content with smear her reputation as a racist at the drop of a hat.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
So, are they cutting Welcome to the jungle or other G&R songs from their play list?
Check out the lyrics to “one in a million”.
They actually wrote the lyrics to the song they sung.
Context and intent should always be considered.
I really don’t care about Kate Smith. I wouldn’t know who she was if it wasn’t for the Flyers in all likelihood. However, It’s patheic the Flyers trotted her out for their benefit when they saw fit but then are content with smear her reputation as a racist at the drop of a hat.
They shouldnt play welcome to the jungle either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruck Over
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad