2019-20 Roster Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Wasn’t Dopita 32 years old when he made his NHL Flyers’ debut?
Injuries and Barber had him playing with high scoring Donald Brashear!
Kaprizov is only 21...

No doubt. Big difference. Hearing that term brought back old memories.
That would be a nice coup if fletch pulled it off.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
It doesn't matter even if it was a satire which is debatable. You can't use certain words and phrases. You can't use the term'' pickanniny'' which is in the song title or ''darkies.'' It's absolutely no different than using the N word and saying but it's just satire. That doesn't even take into account the fact that there is stuff in the song about little black kids wanting watermelons, and stating that ''darkies'' were born because somebody has to pick the cotton. I would agree that the PC world of 2019 is getting a little bit out of hand, but this is pretty blatant and horrible racist content without any gray area.
It’s terrible now. And was terrible then. But back then these were terms that were used. Right or wrong they were used. And used instead of more offensive terms.

I am not condoning it. I am merely stating that it’s because of 2019 pc ness. That it’s an issue. Cause we can go back through history and find things that were commonplace that are now human atrocities. This part of becoming more educated and enlightened society. We’re learn not to treat humans poorly.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Talk about hockey, please. That's what this thread is for. Take the other stuff to a different thread.

Reactions: Hapiii

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Well, there's really not much to talk about at the moment that hasn't already been said. Not enough new things have happened. First round barely concluded, shake out of dismissed teams and the feels yet to be resolved.

I want the 2019-20 roster to be better than the 2018-19 roster, and remark here that team speed should increase as well. The other big change I'd like to see is a higher percentage of Flyers finishing checks. Even Panarin in the TBL series was out there finishing checks. No sense in skating over to a guy and not hitting him if he's there and available.

As far as roster moves, hit the trade market near draft time for what may be available ROR style, if anything. Prior to that, the FO should be talking with whomever to put together the most enticing FA presentation package available to sell the city of Philadelphia and surrounding areas, and specifically the Flyers organization, so they may garner some interest to those available folks. I'm still boom bust with targets however. If a player can't command in excess of a JVR-like contract at a minimum, that player isn't good enough to acquire for any significant term or dollars. Any contract 2-years and under will be entertained, the money grows on trees and does not matter.

The big question right now is the RFA status of a lot of folks this season, and next. Here's an exercise for the following off-season re-posted:

Roster Moves: - 2019-20 Roster Thread II

What do folks think this off-season will look like comparably?

Reactions: Rebels57

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Ghost for Kadri seems like decent value, but I wouldn't do it. I want to see Ghost play a season fully healthy under AV.
I fully agree with you, but there's something about this that I would hate. Likely it feels like selling short on Ghost. Kadri is great and all, but I feel Ghost is better. Factor in that Kadri comes with a lot of (suspension) baggage and I grow leery. We've seen first hand how the ban-hammer stunted Gudas for a good portion of his young career and he's a different player now, I'd argue a bit less effective, than before.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I don't look to trade any of Provy, Sanheim, Ghost, Myers, Gudas or Morin for a forward. Hagg...yes as Morin is the replacement. But obviously you are not talking a Kadri level guy. But maybe you get that 2nd rd pick from a GM that doesn't want to wait 4-5 years for their version of Hagg.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I fully agree with you, but there's something about this that I would hate. Likely it feels like selling short on Ghost. Kadri is great and all, but I feel Ghost is better. Factor in that Kadri comes with a lot of (suspension) baggage and I grow leery. We've seen first hand how the ban-hammer stunted Gudas for a good portion of his young career and he's a different player now, I'd argue a bit less effective, than before.

This is something petty, but I’d like to note that Gostisbehere connects with his hits.

In addition, Kadri is the much sloppier player.

I mention these things because proposing a Kadri-Gostisbehere trade seems like a reputation call. Kadri would get shit on constantly by those arguing for his acquisition

Reactions: Ruck Over

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The player I'd inquire about is Pesce.
Carolina has him playing on the left side even though he's RH, b/c they have too many RHDs.
Now what team has a surplus of LHDs plus other assets to work a deal?

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
This is something petty, but I’d like to note that Gostisbehere connects with his hits.

In addition, Kadri is the much sloppier player.

I mention these things because proposing a Kadri-Gostisbehere trade seems like a reputation call. Kadri would get **** on constantly by those arguing for his acquisition

If, and I say if, Fletcher is willing to swap a big upside deeman like Ghost from his deep roster of young deemen...he can get more than Kadri.

Ghost has the upper hand in NHL impact, I think?

Kadri is also the primary poster child for fixing Leafs troubles, which is hard to overcome in LeafsLand, no matter how Dubas-y you are. Flyers have a lot of young dee who fit Leafs plans for improvement, and Kadri absolutely fills 2c gap. And bonus...with a type of play Flyers fans are already very pre-disposed too, he and the fans might fall entirely in love with each other.

This is a very useful idea for Fletcher to keep in mind...many other teams will be interested if Kadri is really put on the block, and Flyers have a lot of what the Leafs will be interested in e.g. don't talk to me about forwards, give me dee...who's that Radko guy actually?

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Ghost for Kadri seems like decent value, but I wouldn't do it. I want to see Ghost play a season fully healthy under AV.
It's thankfully unnecessary. Kadri is toxic right now, to his own team (relatively)...and Ghost is not...for their respective teams. Lots of other teams will express interest in Kadri but Flyers have a lot of what interests the Leafs the most e.g affordable capable dee, no need for 1/2/3 but chances at 4.

if Ghost goes, and I have no idea of that's actually being considered....I would expect more than Kadri coming back.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Kadri makes a lot of sense for the Flyers. I would think Ghost has more value than him. The 11th overall pick likely has more value as well although I would consider that. Three years of Kadri at only a 4.5 million cap hit is pretty attractive. That said I definitely wouldn't trade Ghost for Kadri.

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
I want to add to our D, not trade Ghost for a forward. It makes no sense.

Voracek for Subban is interesting. Leaves a hole at RW but we can always sign Zuccarello as a UFA to fill it.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation

Voracek for Subban is interesting. Leaves a hole at RW but we can always sign Zuccarello as a UFA to fill it.
Exactly. Zuccarello isn't Voracek but if you can get Subban for him you can definitely live with Zuccarello or a Nyquist. They should both come in a fair amount cheaper than Voracek as well.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

I’d rather have a 2C. It’s more likely that the current D plays well and slots well than Patrick putting up 60 pts as a 2C.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I'm down for Kadri if the intention is to pair him with JVR.

We need someone on this team to stir the drink in a post-Schenn/Simmonds era.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad