2019-20 Roster Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I'm down for Kadri if the intention is to pair him with JVR.

We need someone on this team to stir the drink in a post-Schenn/Simmonds era.
Kadri checks off a lot of boxes for the Flyers

-Second line center
-Under contract for three more years at a reasonable 4.5 million cap hit
-Is good defensively and plays a chippy/physical game
-Is a goal scorer
-Has played well with JVR in the past

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Leafs trade him but I suspect if they do it will be for a defenseman.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Given the Leafs lack "grit," Kadri is probably unlikely to be moved.
They could use a defenseman who likes to hit, anyone have a spare one? :sarcasm:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I’d rather have a 2C. It’s more likely that the current D plays well and slots well than Patrick putting up 60 pts as a 2C.

What are the odds ANY 2C the Flyers obtain puts up 60 points?
Who are you taking off PP1?
So if he only plays PP2 he's going to have 5-10 PP points with us, irregardless of what he had with his old team.
So you're talking 50-55 ES points, which is 1C scoring.

Patrick had 29 ES points, he should have 35-40 ES points this year with good forwards.
So your hypothetical 2C has to be much better than that (unless he's a two way center) to be an upgrade.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Kadri checks off a lot of boxes for the Flyers

-Second line center
-Under contract for three more years at a reasonable 4.5 million cap hit
-Is good defensively and plays a chippy/physical game
-Is a goal scorer
-Has played well with JVR in the past

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Leafs trade him but I suspect if they do it will be for a defenseman.
the 4.5m part is why Toronto will want to keep him.

I can't see them trading him to us for anything we don't want to give up.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I like Kadri....always have. But we should not be trading a D...or #11 for him. We need to ADD a solid Dman who can play defense to this current group. Pesce would be nice. His contract at 4.025 for 5 more years fits perfectly along with the Ghost one to keep our others in line. But the cost would be too high. Their fans have said no to Nylander and even Voracek.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
We can probably get Kadri for 10 cents on the dollar right now. Toronto is in a really bad situation cap wise and they will also probably want to move on from him from a PR standpoint.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We can probably get Kadri for 10 cents on the dollar right now. Toronto is in a really bad situation cap wise and they will also probably want to move on from him from a PR standpoint.
And if we could, I would grab him without hesitation. Like if it was for our 2nd and a prospect(non top guys), I pull that trigger for sure.

I still think they keep him though. They need 3 centers, and Nylander did not look good there in Kadri's absence. I still think Nylander gets moved despite Dubas allegedly saying he won't move him.

The Leafs will be doing everything in their power to move Marleau and Zaitsev though to create their cap space. Just watch, someone will help them out.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
And if we could, I would grab him without hesitation. Like if it was for our 2nd and a prospect(non top guys), I pull that trigger for sure.

I still think they keep him though. They need 3 centers, and Nylander did not look good there in Kadri's absence. I still think Nylander gets moved despite Dubas allegedly saying he won't move him.

The Leafs will be doing everything in their power to move Marleau and Zaitsev though to create their cap space. Just watch, someone will help them out.

I can see Nylander moved as well for a young defensemen to replace Gardiner while also saving them cap space. That moves makes the most sense to me. Hopefully it's not Sanheim or Myers :ha:

Reactions: Tripod

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
What are the odds ANY 2C the Flyers obtain puts up 60 points?
Who are you taking off PP1?
So if he only plays PP2 he's going to have 5-10 PP points with us, irregardless of what he had with his old team.
So you're talking 50-55 ES points, which is 1C scoring.

Patrick had 29 ES points, he should have 35-40 ES points this year with good forwards.
So your hypothetical 2C has to be much better than that (unless he's a two way center) to be an upgrade.

All of the Avs centers meet your range. There’s no saying where that future player would slot. I’d demote Voracek easily.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Marleau seems like he was still reasonably effective, and his salary will only be $1.25m after July 1st. So I can see teams with plenty of cap space being very interested in him. But he'd have to waive his NMC.

Reactions: Tripod

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
11 OA + Ghost for Nylander and Kapanen

Sign Karrlson.

I think cap works if we buy out amac. Leafs get a very good cheap dman now and draft a dman that can play after a year or two.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

Sign Karrlson.

I think cap works if we buy out amac. Leafs get a very good cheap dman now and draft a dman that can play after a year or two.

I'm down for first part. I think good for leafs, too. They need cheap contracts with the behemoths they got coming up and Ghost but 11 OA ELC achieves that.

Reactions: TheKingPin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Sign Karrlson.

Why? It's not like these guys got the Leafs into the second round with their stellar play.
A year from now, will Kapanen be better than Farabee?

And Nylander is so scary, is he committed to winning or just scoring?
Playoffs didn't help his cause, as rust was not an excuse. He wasn't bad, he just wasn't special, either.

Just don't see where we need two fast forwards at the cost of a top D-man and a great cost controlled asset. One at a reasonable price, two at a king's ransom?

46zone

Pass me the soft pretzels
Feb 5, 2007
Philadelphia
Nylander's play was not particularly inspiring this season, and with his contract...we can do a lot better with that hypothetical package.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I'm down for first part. I think good for leafs, too. They need cheap contracts with the behemoths they got coming up and Ghost but 11 OA ELC achieves that.

I think the leafs may like it too. It’s a lot to give up but you are getting a lot back.

Why? It's not like these guys got the Leafs into the second round with their stellar play.
A year from now, will Kapanen be better than Farabee?

And Nylander is so scary, is he committed to winning or just scoring?
Playoffs didn't help his cause, as rust was not an excuse. He wasn't bad, he just wasn't special, either.

Just don't see where we need two fast forwards at the cost of a top D-man and a great cost controlled asset. One at a reasonable price, two at a king's ransom?

No pro athlete that misses half the season is up to par. Nylander is a great buy low candidate. He can play 2C and is a nice contrast to Patrick. Kapanen and him bring what this team needs and would do well in AVs system. Farabee and Frost look like future high end players. But Frost will start the year as a 3rd line winger and farabee in the ahl. When they are ready, great! Make decisions then.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Can't imagine the Leafs will trade Nylander right after signing him to that deal. If anything, I'd imagine they'd trade Nylander only to keep a guy like Kapanen around, not trade them together.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Hey, just a reminder. This guy exists.

Morgan-Frost-8-31-18.jpg

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hey, just a reminder. This guy exists.

Morgan-Frost-8-31-18.jpg

Good thing having Giroux in the system and Richards and Carter in the lineup didn't keep us from signing Danny Briere in 2007 :sarcasm:

We will win with depth my friend. I want our 3rd line to be better than most teams 2nd line.

Since we are on the topic of Nylander, imagine, if you will, a 20-21 lineup that has a Farabee - Frost - Nylander 3rd line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->