2019-20 Roster Speculation Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Way too much "Krueger wants to see what Risto can do in a new system" **** going around lately

Well then fire Krueger now and save us the wasted time. and get me someone who is able to see a bad ****ing hockey player without having to waste another year. Its the same goddamned cycle every year.

Well...once he gets under his 5th coach and 5th system and we get him more talent to drag down...but talented enough he can only drag them so far....

That's when he will figure it out.

****ing analysts will be saying "he's only 30 and the 8th coach wants to see what he can do in his 8th system before they make any decisions.

He's bad.

I'm sorry.

Move the **** on already
Here's the thing: his value in a trade right now is about as low as it can get. You will likely get a poor return for him if traded. Giving Kreuger a season to coach him up and rehabilitate his value is the absolute correct thing to do (See: Nick Leddy with the Isles).

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
The “move on from Aristotle” folks are the same who wanted O’Reilly shipped out for a bag of pucks.

This team is bereft if talent. How about we surround our current players with more talent by trading away futures instead?

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Right targets, but too much going the other way. Miller and Toffoli should be buy-low assets and Cernak isn't realistic. Take out Risto, Tage and Cernak.
If the Lightning add Risto, then he'd be in their top 4. Hedman a nd McDonough are set so it means either Cernak or Sergachev would be pushed into 3rd pairing. All the talk is that they want to bump Sergachev's role and TOI so it would seem Cernak could be had....which is why the 2nd rounder got added.

Kings aren't giving Toffoli away....

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I don't like the Toffoli deal at all. Thompson for his warts, is still 21 and deserves more time as one of the ONLY feasible returns in the ROR trade. Sheary, sure; I'm okay with dealing him. The Ristolainen deal is okay, but why are we giving up a second. Adding additional parts makes little to no sense.

Adding Toffoli indirectly from the ROR trade assets not only is better for the roster but the optics look better than hanging on another year to Thompson IMO.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
If the Lightning add Risto, then he'd be in their top 4. Hedman a nd McDonough are set so it means either Cernak or Sergachev would be pushed into 3rd pairing. All the talk is that they want to bump Sergachev's role and TOI so it would seem Cernak could be had....which is why the 2nd rounder got added.

Kings aren't giving Toffoli away....

The Kinds may just give him away. It depends on how much Toffoli wants to re-sign there at the end of the year.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Adding Toffoli indirectly from the ROR trade assets not only is better for the roster but the optics look better than hanging on another year to Thompson IMO.
It's not like Thompson is going anywhere unless we trade him for some reason. He looked great in Rochester which is where he belonged last year. Let him continue to develop, he's shown enough flashes of what he can be for us that I want to give him the chance to get there.

markpenske

Jul 2, 2015
I get a sick feeling just thinking about a trade. This team's talent pool is being eroded Trade-by trade.
- I don't want Vessey (unless it's cheap, real cheap)
- Don't trade Nylander. All the rumors I'm seeing have him as a throw in. If we're not getting good return I'd rather keep him and see if he's a late bloomer.
- Risto, if we trade him I'm hoping for a young top 6 forward.
- What do you think of Jesse Puljuavi? I'd like to take a chance on him if the price was right. Could also be a late bloomer.

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
21 year olds are considered late bloomers?
Not everyone develops at the same rate, he's always needed time to mature. He has shown growth. No reason to toss him aside yet unless its for a legitimate young piece (who isn't approaching UFA). Crappy asset management.

Classic hockeys 'future', love em at 18/19, bust em at 21/22.

markpenske

Jul 2, 2015
21 year olds are considered late bloomers?
Jet fans were growing sick of Mark Scheitele until he turned 21 then he took off. 7th ov pick by the way. I just don't want to give up on Nylander if we're getting basically nothing back

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
yeah gimme Burakovsky(rfa) all day long over Vesey if the costs might be similar. Really don't get this Vesey talk, he's UFA next summer. So we get to overpay him next year to keep him going forward? yuck.

I definitely agree, and there is a rumor that just came up saying that he might not even get an offer.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Why do I see the various Amerk-related deals Botterill has made and then suddenly think the Nylander-Vesey younger player for limited term, lower ceiling vet is exactly what's going to happen?

Turning an 8OA into a UFA-to-be seems par for the course.

I wish they'd sent him to Sweden. If this had been his opening season in the AHL, we'd be curious how he would turn out rather than drumming our fingers in discontent. Or if they had simply taken the guy they interviewed the most in McAvoy.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I think the Matt Hunwick trade sweepstakes are about to start. Gut feeling.....

We're almost in the clear of the single dumbest trade clause in history:

upload_2019-6-21_14-8-25.png

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

He might become a UFA...

The Caps might not have cap room to qualify him.
Brian MacLellan ‘would like to keep’ Andre Burakovsky but admits to exploring a trade with other teams

The caps might not have the cap room to qualify him.

“I think it’s frustrating,” MacLellan said. “We’ve been projecting using that $83 million number for the last part of the year and at some point we switched back to $82.5 million because there were some rumblings there. And now it seems to be going back a little further. know it seems like it’s not a large amount of dollars, but it does impact teams that are right at the number as far as salary. So it is a bit frustrating and when you see it go down to maybe $81.5 million, I think there’s a pause on our part. We want to see the number before we move forward because it’s going to affect our roster decisions. Even on the bottom end and the fourth line, what we have to do going forward. The margins are that slim for us.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad