2019-20 Roster Speculation Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabregoat

Sep 22, 2005
Hamburg, NY
Can buffalo make a trade with Carolina to get their 2020 3rd back and use it for an offer sheet. Just asking, not advocating an offer sheet but it would be nice.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Can buffalo make a trade with Carolina to get their 2020 3rd back and use it for an offer sheet. Just asking, not advocating an offer sheet but it would be nice.

They could. It's been done before, but I would be shocked if traditionalist Botterill makes that sort of move.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
"Look, any time a 26-year old winger who can't skate and who scored a career high of 35 points last year is alleged to be available, you do what you need to do get that guy." - The Buffalo Sabres organization

20 more points and slightly better skating, we'll give him 9M a year for 8 years and a full NMC!

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I just listened to the John Shannon interview on WGR, he's such a *****. Everything he says in reference to the Sabres is "toxic".
Simon and White also forgot to take him to school on his idiotic comparison of the Skinner extension to the Leino signing. When Shannon ripped the extension on Sportsnet a few weeks ago, Simon and White played the clip a few days later and were talking how ignorant such a comparison was. Yet when they bring him on today, they're looking for intelligent reports?

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I don't see Burakovsky making sense if we still have Okposo, Girgensons, Sheary, Rodrigues, Olofsson/Tage/Nylander, on our roster, unless Reinhart moves to center and we don't get another winger like donskoi.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I don't see Burakovsky making sense if we still have Okposo, Girgensons, Sheary, Rodrigues, Olofsson/Tage/Nylander, on our roster, unless Reinhart moves to center and we don't get another winger like donskoi.
He is better than almost all of this list, plus there still needs to be potential for growth.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Hoping to come out of today with 2 top 9 options. I'm fine with Vesey (if the price is solid) and then a larger deal for Zucker. Unless they have grand visions of a run at Anders Lee

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Simon and White also forgot to take him to school on his idiotic comparison of the Skinner extension to the Leino signing. When Shannon ripped the extension on Sportsnet a few weeks ago, Simon and White played the clip a few days later and were talking how ignorant such a comparison was. Yet when they bring him on today, they're looking for intelligent reports?

He's a Canadien only Sympathizer and a hypocrite. I personally cannot stand him. I put him on the same level as Eklund.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
There's enough to be pissed off about when a trade happens, no point in getting worked up for trades that don't go through. It's just exhausting.
It's a simple reaction to a sourced rumor. I personally don't find it exhausting in the least.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Solves another issue I hadn't even considered. Then we can protect Dahlin, Risto, Montour and Pilut.

in 20/21 you could go with

Dahlin-Borgen
Pilut-Montour
McCabe-Borgen
xxx

sign Samuelson, Laaksonen and other Rochester players could compete for final two spots

This is why I could see him trade a RHD(Bogo when healthy, Nelson) for a different RHD wwith 2 yrs left.,or sign Nelson to a 2 yr extension

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
in 20/21 you could go with

Dahlin-Borgen
Pilut-Montour
McCabe-Borgen
xxx

sign Samuelson, Laaksonen and other Rochester players could compete for final two spots

This is why I could see him trade a RHD(Bogo when healthy, Nelson) for a different RHD wwith 2 yrs left.,or sign Nelson to a 2 yr extension

Borgen is so good he's getting double shifted on the 1st and 3rd pair?

:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad