2019-20 Roster Speculation Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Mod: This is not the Botterill thread. If your post has no content other than "GM bad," it does not belong here.

That's only if Jets reach a deal with Carolina. Canes aren't trading Pesce, Faulk only has one year remaining and a NTC, so it would probably be for Hamilton or won't happen.

It has to be talk around Hamilton to Winnipeg unless the Jets just want cap space and it is TVR to the Jets...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: N.Y. Orangeman

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I would be willing to move back in the first round some if it meant upgrading our top six now.

Someone on the board mentioned a Drouin & 15 OA for 7 OA. I think that's worth considering.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Seems like a good idea to trade with Winnipeg right now. :D

If Strålman hits the market he's my ideal target as stop gap RHD. He probably goes back to Rangers but maybe he could be tempted by the golden Pegulabucks?

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I’m still holding out hope that at some point this week, I see Anthony cirelli acquired by buffalo for risto

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
That epithet isn't strong enough. I'd entertain 31OA and something else for Drouin, but that's about it. The bloom is firmly off that blossom.

It still annoys me that Montreal was able to get Domi for Galchenyuk, and Chicago was able to get Strome for some stuff.... and yet people believe that there wasn't a market for ROR because Lebrun could only identify 3 teams... even though there is video of Chayka talking to Botterill about ROR.....

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Seems like a good idea to trade with Winnipeg right now. :D

If Strålman hits the market he's my ideal target as stop gap RHD. He probably goes back to Rangers but maybe he could be tempted by the golden Pegulabucks?

Strålman broke down a lot last year. He could be akin to Enström from last season in how he finished up. I don't know if he can come in and be a contributing top 4 RHD any longer.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It still annoys me that Montreal was able to get Domi for Galchenyuk, and Chicago was able to get Strome for some stuff.... and yet people believe that there wasn't a market for ROR because Lebrun could only identify 3 teams... even though there is video of Chayka talking to Botterill about ROR.....

Imagine if it had been Domi instead. Pfffttt....

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
We've seen both, as the acquistion of Scandella and the drafting of Samuelsson show...

Fair rebuttal, but I don’t think Scandella is that awful of a skater. Braun is hot garbage IMO, propped up by a really nice surrounding cast. I hope it’s not an option.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Would you offer 7OA for Meier as basis of a deal?

What kind of contract are you going to give him?

1. Timo is f***ing awesome.
2. He's better on the left side... which our top line is already locked in to with Skinner
3. I believe Timo can drive his own line... I also think he and Reinhart would be phenomenal together
4. But, can I afford to pay Timo and Reinhart both in the 8-9 per range?
5. I wish I could

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Absolutely ****ing yes!

What kind of contract are you going to give him?

1. Timo is ****ing awesome.
2. He's better on the left side... which our top line is already locked in to with Skinner
3. I believe Timo can drive his own line... I also think he and Reinhart would be phenomenal together
4. But, can I afford to pay Timo and Reinhart both in the 8-9 per range?
5. I wish I could

I'd try to extend him long-term and see if he's willing to sell some UFA years for certain payday to make the second line some sort of Meier-Reinhart-fast, cheap guy on the right. I'd try to see if they could get Meier at William Nylander's number as a basis to his and later Sam's deals.

There would have to be something else in there for the Sharks on the cheap, but I was wondering how they are paying him and Labanc.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I'd try to extend him long-term and see if he's willing to sell some UFA years for certain payday to make the second line some sort of Meier-Reinhart-fast, cheap guy on the right. I'd try to see if they could get Meier at William Nylander's number as a basis to his and later Sam's deals.

There would have to be something else in there for the Sharks on the cheap, but I was wondering how they are paying him and Labanc.

So if I can get Meier at 6.5 x 6 years (a bit less than Nylander as he had 2 seasons at 60 points.... and I can lock Reinhart in to a long term 8.0 x 6 years (buys more UFA years than Meier)... and I can get to that scenario by trading #7?

That's damn tempting...

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

The problem might be that JB sees Tage as an equivalent prospect — he may have thought he struck a similar deal as those teams because he has shitty pro scouts and can’t adequately assess talent.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
The problem might be that JB sees Tage as an equivalent prospect — he may have thought he struck a similar deal as those teams because he has ****ty pro scouts and can’t adequately assess talent.

Targeting Tage screams being awed by size and a big shot while ignoring his lack of 5v5 production at most levels and his terrible analytics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad