2019-20 Roster Speculation Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
People that are complaining about the body type of a 20 year old kid are going just a bit overboard IMO
You mean a 20 year old professional athlete. If you think Middelstadt's conditioning isn't translating to the ice then you are freaking clueless. He couldn't do a pull up at the combine and everyone laughed it off. I'm sorry but it matters. It at the very least shows that he wasn't hitting the gym when he was a teen and didn't care about his conditioning.

It's time for this kid to get serious about his career and that means dropping the fat and putting on some muscle. It is absolutely hilarious that you and others are forgiving Middelstadt for being a fat ass.

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
How are we fitting Hoffman, RNH, donskoi under the cap? Let alone the other 2.. assuming that Hoffman gets 7ish mil, he and RNH take up 13-14 mil of our 19 mil cap space right now...and that’s before our RFAs

Edit:with risto being traded the cap they take would be more like 8-9 mil of the 19. Still leaves 10-11 mil for 5-RFAs and 3 UFAs in your scenario

Well.... we have 19 million space now.

RNH - 6 mill
Hoffman - 5.2 mill
Miller - 3.8 mill
Haula - 2.75
Donskoi- 2.75 = 20 million

Traded out in various ways. Risto, Sheary, Sobotka, Hunwick would be 14 million.
Bogosian at some point as well. Obviously picks and prospects would be involved.

So still close to 12 million still available for left over RFA.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I thought Turk had gone through 4 drafts already. But you're the expert, so hey, I defer. :D
Turkulainen is still draft eligible next year. Looking closer, Innala is an interesting case as it looks like he won't be eligible for next year's draft, and that means he should be a free agent, but it looks like he isn't actually eligible to sign an NHL contract this season.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
You mean a 20 year old professional athlete. If you think Middelstadt's conditioning isn't translating to the ice then you are freaking clueless. He couldn't do a pull up at the combine and everyone laughed it off. I'm sorry but it matters. It at the very least shows that he wasn't hitting the gym when he was a teen and didn't care about his conditioning.

It's time for this kid to get serious about his career and that means dropping the fat and putting on some muscle. It is absolutely hilarious that you and others are forgiving Middelstadt for being a fat ass.

I think you will be happy to know his golf game is getting ridiculous good with him playing all the time.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

IIRC the pullup thing had more to do with him not having the proper technique than lack of strength.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Why do people want RNH? He's not what you think he is. I hope Parker starts to obsess about a forward who is actually good soon.

I think he’s a better option at 2C than throwing Mittelstadt back in over his head or playing Sobotka.

He’s exaxtly what I think he is.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think he’s a better option at 2C than throwing Mittelstadt back in over his head or playing Sobotka.

He’s exaxtly what I think he is.

That's the reason to look for any mid-6 center. We should hope for one who is good at a 3C role who can play up to handle the 2C deployment while they wait on Mittelstadt.

IIRC the pullup thing had more to do with him not having the proper technique than lack of strength.

It was. He was doing them within a couple days of having UM's strength guys correct his form.

Reactions: umbertovanek

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Well.... we have 19 million space now.

RNH - 6 mill
Hoffman - 5.2 mill
Miller - 3.8 mill
Haula - 2.75
Donskoi- 2.75 = 20 million

Traded out in various ways. Risto, Sheary, Sobotka, Hunwick would be 14 million.
Bogosian at some point as well. Obviously picks and prospects would be involved.

So still close to 12 million still available for left over RFA.

Trade Sobotka and Hunwick? To who exactly? You need to include picks

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
That's the reason to look for any mid-6 center. We should hope for one who is good at a 3C role who can play up to handle the 2C deployment while they wait on Mittelstadt.

It was. He was doing them within a couple days of having UM's strength guys correct his form.
That still shows he wasn't serious about training

He didn't know how to do a pullup and wants to be a star in the NHL

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I wonder if Bonino could be a cheap stop-gap between Mitts and Eichel. He’s not great but I think he’d be better than Berglund and would help to keep Mittelstadt a bit insulated. That and then go after a Winger like Leblanc through a trade?

I’m also very high on Andrew Copp. Think he’ll be a real good 3C, but just don’t know if Winnipeg wants to move him. He might be the cheap depth they want to keep.

But overall I think Bonino is the best cheap fit barring an addition via a Ristolainen Trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Der Jaeger

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I wonder if Bonino could be a cheap stop-gap between Mitts and Eichel. He’s not great but I think he’d be better than Berglund and would help to keep Mittelstadt a bit insulated. That and then go after a Winger like Leblanc through a trade?

I’m also very high on Andrew Copp. Think he’ll be a real good 3C, but just don’t know if Winnipeg wants to move him. He might be the cheap depth they want to keep.

But overall I think Bonino is the best cheap fit barring an addition via a Ristolainen Trade.

Bonino's cost went up with the Subban trade. Nashville doesn't have a cap issue anymore.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Bonino still does not have to cost much, apparently Nashville is very focused on Duchene, they also have Turris with a big contract, they are unlikely to want to keep Bonino with all his strength to play them 4C with such a salary.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
What would Colin Miller cost from VGK? They have to trade someone...

Dahlin-Miller
Pilut-Risto
McCabe-Montour

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
They need cap space. I wonder if a conditional 2nd/3rd and a buyout option like Hunwick or a cheaper roster guy gets it done

If it was only draft picks that's a great trade.

I still explore trading Risto for a forward. Miller is a pretty effective Risto replacement and he's only 2 years older. But if there's not a good market for him then we should keep him, and explore moving Nylander. It is urgent we upgrade the forward group this off-season though.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
If it was only draft picks that's a great trade.

I still explore trading Risto for a forward. Miller is a pretty effective Risto replacement and he's only 2 years older. But if there's not a good market for him then we should keep him, and explore moving Nylander. It is urgent we upgrade the forward group this off-season though.

Agreed. I like the idea of trying to trade for Miller on the cheap and either keeping risto and getting forwards through other outlets, or pursuing a vet dmen in UFA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad