GDT: 2019-20 Other Games Around the League

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Donskoi is a good player but a bad fit for our system, especially considering the price. He had the tenacity to win the down low one-on-ones here and there but he doesn't have the physicality to win them consistently for us. He's in the right place now with Colorado where it's more about speed and skill and less about the down low plays.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
Donskoi is a good player but a bad fit for our system, especially considering the price. He had the tenacity to win the down low one-on-ones here and there but he doesn't have the physicality to win them consistently for us. He's in the right place now with Colorado where it's more about speed and skill and less about the down low plays.
I'm jealous, now imagining that system and forwards with karlsson and burns.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'm jealous, now imagining that system and forwards with karlsson and burns.
Yea I hope something fun happens for this team soon. I personally like the power game but I like more power/skill that our guys play with but this system we have is more of a perimeter grind in the zone and I hate how the cross slot pass is constantlyavailable in our system but we all know that puck is going back to the point. Drives me bonkers that our guys work so hard to win the puck down low only to send the puck back to the point

Reactions: Used As A Shield

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Donskoi only scored 0 regular season goals after Jan 10 despite only missing 2 games during that span.

Benching Donskoi was certainly fair. The unfortunate part is there was no one with skill to replace him (at least on that current roster).

Reactions: Erep

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Donskoi isn't on this team because he's making 4mil. Lets not pretend like he played himself off this team.
He took the entire 2nd half off offensively. People only failed to notice because the team still played relatively well, and they were too raged at Haley getting claimed.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Yea I hope something fun happens for this team soon. I personally like the power game but I like more power/skill that our guys play with but this system we have is more of a perimeter grind in the zone and I hate how the cross slot pass is constantlyavailable in our system but we all know that puck is going back to the point. Drives me bonkers that our guys work so hard to win the puck down low only to send the puck back to the point
Same. And then seeing that point shot get blocked up high and go the other way while we have three forwards below the faceoff dots is even worse.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Same. And then seeing that point shot get blocked up high and go the other way while we have three forwards below the faceoff dots is even worse.
Need to start playing it back up the boards when the middle is taken. That will spread them out and players can actually get some space in the middle of the slot.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011

He was injured quite a bit for the Sharks as well, which limited his effectiveness for long stretches

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Donskoi only scored 0 regular season goals after Jan 10 despite only missing 2 games during that span.

Benching Donskoi was certainly fair. The unfortunate part is there was no one with skill to replace him (at least on that current roster).

He took the entire 2nd half off offensively. People only failed to notice because the team still played relatively well, and they were too raged at Haley getting claimed.

I love how you can post a factual statement in one post, and then make up hyperbolic crap the very next post. It is especially laughable that you think no one noticed his goalless streak.

Donskoi had 17 of his 37 pts in the "second half" of last year. That doesn't look like taking the second half off to me. If anything it looks like had he not been snake bitten, he probably would have outproduced the first half of the year in the second half. Not to mention during that time he was a positive possession player, with the lowest GA/60 of any top 9 forward during that time, and had a positive GF% because he is defensively sound, so unlike other players on this team, at least while he wasn't scoring goals, he wasn't bleeding them against either a hurting the team.

Whatever though, you all can just keep hating on a 35+ pt two way winger, who currently on a new team is on pace for about 55 pts, as though we somehow couldn't use a guy like that right now. One goalless drought, or not being gritty enough because apparently everyone needs to be, and he's garbage not worth even 2mil. Pathetic

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I love how you can post a factual statement in one post, and then make up hyperbolic crap the very next post. It is especially laughable that you think no one noticed his goalless streak.

Donskoi had 17 of his 37 pts in the "second half" of last year. That doesn't look like taking the second half off to me. If anything it looks like had he not been snake bitten, he probably would have outproduced the first half of the year in the second half. Not to mention during that time he was a positive possession player, with the lowest GA/60 of any top 9 forward during that time, and had a positive GF% because he is defensively sound, so unlike other players on this team, at least while he wasn't scoring goals, he wasn't bleeding them against either a hurting the team.

Whatever though, you all can just keep hating on a 35+ pt two way winger, who currently on a new team is on pace for about 55 pts, as though we somehow couldn't use a guy like that right now. One goalless drought, or not being gritty enough because apparently everyone needs to be, and he's garbage not worth even 2mil. Pathetic
Stop projecting on me, man.

I don't care what narrative you want to spin. He didn't score goals at all from January on. The fact he played well in your eyes doesn't mean it was really working out here. He's obviously in a situation that's more conducive to him scoring goals, but that doesn't mean he wasn't worth an intermittent healthy scratch last season.

Reactions: SjMilhouse

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

He's on pace for 55 pts right now, for them. He would most certainly not be on pace for 55 pts for us. He'd be useful for us and would fill a need in the middle 6 but it's clear that if there is another level to his game, it wasn't happening here. For his career, moving on from us was the right move because we can't play him in a way that best utilizes his abilities and because we can't pay him.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Stop projecting on me, man.

I don't care what narrative you want to spin. He didn't score goals at all from January on. The fact he played well in your eyes doesn't mean it was really working out here. He's obviously in a situation that's more conducive to him scoring goals, but that doesn't mean he wasn't worth an intermittent healthy scratch last season.

lmao you made me laugh with this post, thank you

Im sorry to have pointed out your hyperbole to you, next time ill try to keep in mind not to "project" on you, or spin a narrative that is based on facts, that you did not have any actual response for. My bad.

He's on pace for 55 pts right now, for them. He would most certainly not be on pace for 55 pts for us. He'd be useful for us and would fill a need in the middle 6 but it's clear that if there is another level to his game, it wasn't happening here. For his career, moving on from us was the right move because we can't play him in a way that best utilizes his abilities and because we can't pay him.

I 100% agree with you

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
lmao you made me laugh with this post, thank you

Im sorry to have pointed out your hyperbole to you, next time ill try to keep in mind not to "project" on you, or spin a narrative that is based on facts, that you did not have any actual response for. My bad.

I 100% agree with you
You made few real points worth responding to. But, please, continue to be emotional about it.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Anyone who doesn't kiss the ground Joonas 1-goal-in-over-4-months Donskoi walks on, apparently.

Haha oh I get it now, so because someone makes an absurd statement, not related to anything resembling facts, and I disagree with that, it means I want everyone to kiss the ground Donskoi walks on.

Interesting indeed, glad to see you have stopped resorting to hyperbole though...….

Reactions: Sandisfan

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Haha oh I get it now, so because someone makes an absurd statement, not related to anything resembling facts, and I disagree with that, it means I want everyone to kiss the ground Donskoi walks on.

Interesting indeed, glad to see you have stopped resorting to hyperbole though...….
I said Donskoi hadn't scored in the regular season since early January. True.

I said the team played relatively well. Also true.

I said people raged when Haley was claimed. Absolutely true.

The only subjective part was me saying Donskoi didn't receive flak because Haley was claimed.

Your whole response was calling my post crap followed up by "he was unlucky because analytics" and then a bunch of textual diarrhea about contracts, physical play, ppg etc. All stuff I never even said in the 1st place.

Who's the one being hyperbolic here??

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
In other Pacific division news, Ducks, Coyotes, and Kings all lose in regulation.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I said Donskoi hadn't scored in the regular season since early January. True.

I said the team played relatively well. Also true.

I said people raged when Haley was claimed. Absolutely true.

The only subjective part was me saying Donskoi didn't receive flak because Haley was claimed.

Your whole response was calling my post crap followed up by "he was unlucky because analytics" and then a bunch of textual diarrhea about contracts, physical play, ppg etc. All stuff I never even said in the 1st place.

Who's the one being hyperbolic here??

Oh please, come on, you left out the one sentence my entire response to you centered around. Are you just joking with me now?

I quoted this post:

Then in my original response to you argued mainly against that first sentence by explaining that Donskoi had almost the exact same amount of points in the first half and the second half of the season. Therefore that statement was hyperbole and untrue.

I even said that what struck me was that in your first post you made a factual statement, Donskoi hadn’t scored a goal since Jan 10th, only to follow it up with what I find to be a hyperbolic statement in your response you quoted me in, that being “he took the entire second half off offensively”.

I also made a passing comment about the fact that no one paid attention to Donskoi’s goal scoring issues, because everyone talked about it, and knew about, and discussed it often. So to say anyone gave Donskoi a pass due to ignorance of his goal scoring issues was silly to me. We hated him being benched for Haley, because Haley is terrible and not even better than a goalless Donskoi offensively or defensively.

Next the final paragraph was not specifically directed at you, reading it back, I can see why if you didnt realize I was taking jabs at previous posters you could become upset that I was trying to put words in your mouth. So yes you didn’t make the physicality statements, or contractual silliness, and I apologize for not making it clearer I was not saying you thought those things.

I also apologize for using the word crap in my original response. As I certainly did not mean to intend that your entire post was crap, and therefore should have just left it at me thinking that line in particular was simply hyperbolic. Hopefully that would have stopped the rest of our mostly unproductive posts from occurring.

Anyways, while I still think you’re a bit wrong about the way you were portraying Donskoi’s play and contributions last year, I hope you can at least accept my apology for coming on a bit aggro with my word choices in my response to you.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad