GDT: 2019-20 Other Games Around the League

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
My friend is a Vegas fan and he's definitely going through the angst of following an underperforming team for the first time. On the one hand, I can empathize. On the other hand, lol.

Before tonight’s game against Anaheim, we had a better record than Vegas excluding games where we played one another. So it seems like outside of Vegas owning us, we’ve actually both sucked to the same degree, although our underlying metrics are pretty terrible and Vegas’ are pretty good.

Reactions: Sandisfan

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Mike Smith is so bad. He got lucky with some posts tonight, but was generally awful. That could have been a 6-5 game

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Sharks win; Ducks, Coyotes, and Canucks all lose in regulation. :thumbu:

Reactions: Phu

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I know of one such instance back in October 1999 with Owen Nolan getting six against the Hawks.

You would think that kind of stat would be easier to find lol.

I found 3 different sites in a search today and the only stats i can find are.

Playoff points in a game
Playoff points in a period
Regular season pims in a game.

Top 2 very good to know, 3rd who the hell cares lol.

Edit: found it on nhl.com.

The most shocking thing about the numbers i found. Thornton has only done 5 points in a game once since joining the sharks. He has though done 4 points in a game 17 times.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phu and Sandisfan

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I am almost

Playoff points in a game

The most shocking thing about the numbers i found. Thornton has only done 5 points in a game once since joining the sharks. He has though done 4 points in a game 17 times.

I am almost 100% sure that Owen Nolan had a hat trick and three assists in that blowout against Chicago in October 1999 (he had 5 points in a game against Tampa that season, too). Outside of that...in December 1998 Sturm went 3+2 and arguably should have been given an assist on the Friesen goal.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

game highlights of the 6 pt game/double hat trick

hockey us old timers grew up on. Hawks broadcasters are complete garbage.

Last edited:

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017

game highlights of the 6 pt game/double hat trick

hockey us old timers grew up on. Hawks broadcasters are complete garbage.

I was at this one. Had it on videotape for a while too. Yes the hawks announcers are idiots. Saying the Sharks had the one heavy weight trying to make it sound like they weren't tough. Nolan was pound for pound one of the best fighters back then. This was back when the Sharks won more fights than games. #14 Patty Marleau pulling guys off at the end... :laugh: Korky laughing at the goalie who thinks he wants to go with him. Then of course passmore has nothing to say when Shields comes after him. Lucky Vernon wasn't on the ice, he would have beat the shit out of him. This was back before the jersey tear away rule so always looked like a yard sale.

Brant Myers, current NHL linesman (Referee?).

Last edited:

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Psh not even within a point of the most points in a game by one player on the team.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Playoff points in a game

Player Game Finder | Hockey-Reference.com

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I was at this one. Had it on videotape for a while too. Yes the hawks announcers are idiots. Saying the Sharks had the one heavy weight trying to make it sound like they weren't tough. Nolan was pound for pound one of the best fighters back then. This was back when the Sharks won more fights than games. #14 Patty Marleau pulling guys off at the end... :laugh: Korky laughing at the goalie who thinks he wants to go with him. Then of course passmore has nothing to say when Shields comes after him. Lucky Vernon wasn't on the ice, he would have beat the **** out of him. This was back before the jersey tear away rule so always looked like a yard sale.

Brant Myers, current NHL linesman (Referee?).
Me and my cousin used to always joke that the Sharks would lose on the scoreboard but would win the fight card.

Vernon and Passmore would have been fun (for us) to watch.
Annnd I hate the Hawks again lol
Your fault for ever stopping.

Reactions: Phu and Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
In the never too early to look at the playoff picture news, if the Sharks win tonight, the Flames and Knights lose in regulation, and the Hawks and Preds lose in any fashion, the Sharks will be in a playoff spot. Let the scoreboard watching commence. lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->