GDT: 2019-20 Other Games Around the League

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Seems like he's been the same there as he was here. Generally invisible and yet somehow posting good underlying numbers. I doubt he'll put up the points like he did here though. The PP isn't designed around him anymore.

There were some analytical tools like Micah McCurdy’s isolated impact and Corsica’s GAR that said Pavelski had a career season last year, which is pretty insane to me. I feel like those models are giving too much credit to Pavelski and not enough to Burns but maybe my eye test is off. To me, he looks absolutely terrible but if he manages to get strong xGF/Corsi based results, both as judged by raw/relative results and the results of the regression models on a team without Burns then it’ll be hard to argue with those results. To be fair though his goal based results are mixed at best.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
So it's a foregone conclusion that doughty will demand a trade right?

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Ryan's been a scratch so far.
Same with Mueller.
Norris couldn't crack the Senators.
Goldobin cleared waivers.
O'Regan is in the AHL.
Carpenter is hanging on for dear life.
Balcers is injured but should be a mainstay in the Ottawa lineup.

Reactions: trukeffect

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Pavs off to a rough start in Dallas. His team is 0-3 and he has 1 assist so far.
I expect his shooting percentage to return to closer to career average and for him to struggle to even approach 25 goals. This will be yet another great move by DW.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
I expect his shooting percentage to return to closer to career average and for him to struggle to even approach 25 goals. This will be yet another great move by DW.
Yeah. Pavs was probably my favorite player and his contribution to Sharks is and always will be appreciated but it was genius move by DW to not sign him. 0+1 on 5 games and based on Stars fans he has been really slow and not very good at handling the puck.
It is such a shame he has declined so much because in 2016 playoffs until he was supposedly injured he was unstoppable. For example the power move to score his second goal in game 1 against Kings where he just schooled Kopitar was just so high level play and sadly I don't think he could do that anymore.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Meh I dont think Pavs will ever do what he did last year...I think 30 goals would be a big win. With that said, it will take time for him to adjust. I'm curious to see how he looks in December/January

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007

I was reading the stars game thread and they aren't even using Pavs infront of the net on the PP. He was in the slot and even was playing the point lol. He is going to struggle all season if he is not infront of the net.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I was reading the stars game thread and they aren't even using Pavs infront of the net on the PP. He was in the slot and even was playing the point lol. He is going to struggle all season if he is not infront of the net.
It really sucks how one dimensional he is now. Being in the slot should be a solid option for him. When our PP was at its best, Pavs was a half-wall one timer threat but with all the wrist injuries he's had, I don't even know if he has a good shot anymore. I know his bread and butter nowadays is his ability to tip the puck but his wrister was just as good for quite a while.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
It really sucks how one dimensional he is now. Being in the slot should be a solid option for him. When our PP was at its best, Pavs was a half-wall one timer threat but with all the wrist injuries he's had, I don't even know if he has a good shot anymore. I know his bread and butter nowadays is his ability to tip the puck but his wrister was just as good for quite a while.
I remember when he was seen as a Swiss army knife.

Blackbear

Jan 3, 2007
You mean by showing the team and prospective recruits how you treat someone who has been a cornerstone of the franchise’s considerable success for a decade+ ? I’m sure the move will pay great dividends. Could get them into the lottery for the #1 draft pick this year.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
You mean by showing the team and prospective recruits how you treat someone who has been a cornerstone of the franchise’s considerable success for a decade+ ? I’m sure the move will pay great dividends. Could get them into the lottery for the #1 draft pick this year.
Pavelski isn't going to be the difference between 1sr la and playoffs

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Everyone already knows it's a business and you move on from players sometimes. Your point is silly.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Erep

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
So my prediction that pavs was not going to hit 30 goals again. And would be hard pressed to even get 20 goals is looking good so far.

I also said he would be closer to 30 points then he would be to getting back to 60 points.

He is litterally marleau, but without the foot speed to make up for some of the errors they make.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
lol! Yeah, no...

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
So my prediction that pavs was not going to hit 30 goals again. And would be hard pressed to even get 20 goals is looking good so far.

I also said he would be closer to 30 points then he would be to getting back to 60 points.

He is litterally marleau, but without the foot speed to make up for some of the errors they make.

I would not be surprised if Patty outscored Pavs next season, if they both still played. I think Pavs decline will come quick.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011

The Sharks are part of a professional sports league and not a family business.

Trocity

Nov 24, 2016
Saw Pavelski scored for Dallas tonight So I skipped on over to their boards.

A lot of complaining about their system being shots from the point looking for deflections that just end up being turnovers and rushes the other way.

Did Pavelski take our game plan with him when he left? :laugh:

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Saw Pavelski scored for Dallas tonight So I skipped on over to their boards.

A lot of complaining about their system being shots from the point looking for deflections that just end up being turnovers and rushes the other way.

Did Pavelski take our game plan with him when he left? :laugh:

Stars were one of the lowest scoring teams last year while the Sharks were one of the highest scoring teams. Pavs must have talked them into adopting the system to cater to him. What a diva :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->