GDT: 2019-20 Other Games Around the League

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
A lot of great players don't become good gms/coaches but Yzerman and Sakic know what they're doing. They still have a rivalry going.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Am I nuts

Yes.

MClIkhN.jpg

Reactions: Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Am I nuts to think David Pastrnak is the best winger in the league? I’m really starting to think so.
Not even the best winger on his line just yet. Getting there though. He's like top 6ish for me. Drai/Kuch/Marchand/Stone/Panarin still in the conversation imo.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Not even the best winger on his line just yet. Getting there though. He's like top 6ish for me. Drai/Kuch/Marchand/Stone/Panarin still in the conversation imo.

Honestly that top-6 is the same as mine. No arguments there!

I just don’t know. Every time I watch the Bruins, Pastrnak stands out even on his line.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Is today the day Edmonton implodes into the dumpster fire everyone expected?

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
With Rantanen out, Donskoi is skating on the top line with Mackinnon and Landeskog. I hope he does well. He seems to be thriving in Colorado’s system

Reactions: NiWa

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
imagine that, a guy good enough to be first up with Mackinnon and Landeskog got benched here for the likes of Micheal Haley. Incredible
To be fair if any of our forwards go down Goodrow will be the first one up on a line with Couture, Meier or Kane.

Reactions: Phu

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
imagine that, a guy good enough to be first up with Mackinnon and Landeskog got benched here for the likes of Micheal Haley. Incredible

Haley himself could play with mackinnon and landeskog and look like a competent player. Doesn't mean diddly squat that donskoi is now playing on the 1st line in colorado. He played on the top 2 lines in san jose also and stunk up the bed so bad that the only place for him to go was the 4th line, but the guy is as soft as butter and gets moved off the puck after the slightest of touches, so he was also useless in a 4th line grinder style game. Atleast haley could hit, he wasnt any good at anything even hitting but he would still hit if he could actually catch up to the other player.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Haley himself could play with mackinnon and landeskog and look like a competent player. Doesn't mean diddly squat that donskoi is now playing on the 1st line in colorado. He played on the top 2 lines in san jose also and stunk up the bed so bad that the only place for him to go was the 4th line, but the guy is as soft as butter and gets moved off the puck after the slightest of touches, so he was also useless in a 4th line grinder style game. Atleast haley could hit, he wasnt any good at anything even hitting but he would still hit if he could actually catch up to the other player.

What?

He single-handedly made that line into a threat in the playoffs once he was back.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
A threat? He scored 3 points in 12 games. 1 point in 6 games vs blues. If thats a threat then no wonder we failed last year.

That fourth line before Donskoi came back was god-awful. When he came back, they were able to cycle the puck and create offensive pressure. Hell, they scored the series-winning goal against the Avs.

And everyone was bad in the last 3 games of the Blues series. The whole team was worn down and gassed.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Let's not pretend that Donskoi didn't play himself off the team. I still think his lack of physicality is a massive problem in the Pacific.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad