GDT: 2019-20 Other Games Around the League

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
McDavid could seriously put up 130 points this year if he stays healthy. 17 in 7 already.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
McDavid could seriously put up 130 points this year if he stays healthy. 17 in 7 already.

I am actually hoping the Oilers do good this season. Anything that improves our's odds of avoiding Vegas in the playoffs. Yes that thought could backfire and have us miss the playoffs because the Oilers took our spot but willing to risk it.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
If they can keep this 45% PP success rate going; watch out.
Does having a good pp ever work out? Refs become less likely to call penalties when they know their decision is leading to a goal. You have to mix in the bad with the good to have a successful pp. Ask spott on his pp coaching against the knights.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Vegas forward Valentin Zykov got suspended 20 games for taking peds. So that's why they beat us so easily :sarcasm:

Reactions: Sandisfan

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Vegas forward Valentin Zykov got suspended 20 games for taking peds. So that's why they beat us so easily :sarcasm:

From NBCSports article on the subject:

Schmidt appealed his suspension only to have it be upheld.

The fact the Golden Knights were so strong in their statement of support for Zykov’s suspension is a strong sign that Zykov does not have the same argument that Schmidt did, and that any appeal would be unlikely to be won.

No, it's more like the Knights cannot go to that well twice in a row. The well of "blame it on contamination".

Reactions: slocal

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
This Vegas game is so funny. 48 shots and vegas can't outscore Ottawa. Ottawa's goalie is making tons of easy saves if you ask me.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Gawd, watching BUF v LAK. BUF up 3-0 and have been playing 5 v 5 like they are on the PK for the entire 3rd - focused on preventing zone entries and doing nothing offensively. Shots are approaching 50-20, favoring LAK. Boring as hell to watch, bit fun to see LAK struggle so badly to even get a zone entry against a team that looks totally disinterested.

Would be back to back shutouts against LAK if this sticks. Oddly enough the SO is by former SJS property Carter Hutton.

Edit: 3-0 BUF final

Suck it Koala

Last edited:

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Gawd, watching BUF v LAK. BUF up 3-0 and have been playing 5 v 5 like they are on the PK for the entire 3rd. Shots are approaching 50-20, favor LAK. Boring as hell to watch, bit fun to watch LAK struggle so badly to even get a zone entry against a team that looks totally disinterested.

Would be back to back shutouts against LAK if this sticks. Oddly enough the SO is by former SJS property Carter Hutton.

Atleast we get to hear Doughty whine some more. That's always abit entertaining.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
It’s honestly hilarious to watch Rangers and Devils fans fight over whose top pick is better when Kakko and Hughes both look completely out of their depth.
It’s just a constant reminder how far above most first overall picks Connor McDavid was and is. Still wish the Sharks had won that lottery.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
It’s honestly hilarious to watch Rangers and Devils fans fight over whose top pick is better when Kakko and Hughes both look completely out of their depth.

It's just too bad Neal can't suck so we can watch Oilers and Flames fans fight over who is worse between he and Lucic.

Reactions: Juxtaposer

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
It’s just a constant reminder how far above most first overall picks Connor McDavid was and is. Still wish the Sharks had won that lottery.

And was that the lottery the Oilers lucked into due to the change in the system that was created because of the Oilers?

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I had Dallas in the top 3 of the division. I'm actually shocked at how bad they are doing.

On a lighter note, I had Colorado at the top of the division and I think I might be watching more Avs games. That's a fun team to watch and tonight's game against Florida was probably the best game of the night. Florida really loved getting into those close overtime games.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I had Dallas in the top 3 of the division. I'm actually shocked at how bad they are doing.

On a lighter note, I had Colorado at the top of the division and I think I might be watching more Avs games. That's a fun team to watch and tonight's game against Florida was probably the best game of the night. Florida really loved getting into those close overtime games.
I made two bets this year and it's Colorado winning their division and the Canes winning their division. I'm feeling pretty good about those choices.

Reactions: SJSharksfan39

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011

The Avs the potential to be really, really good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad