Prospect Info: 2019-20 Oilers Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
He must be buddies with Adam Fantilli, a 2023 draft eligible phenom. He played with him and his brother at Kimball Union this year. They're all committed to the Steel next season. So is Owen Power, a 2021 eligible D who scored at close to a PPG there last season as a 16 year old.

Damn. That team is going to be stacked.

Sucks that their season this year got canceled. Chicago was destroying the league. 41-7-1 with basically 60 more goals than the next team.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Damn. That team is going to be stacked.

Sucks that their season this year got canceled. Chicago was destroying the league. 41-7-1 with basically 60 more goals than the next team.
That kind of concerns me about this kid's development. They won't exactly be facing top end competition. That being said, what the hell do I know about the development of high end professional athletes?

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
That kind of concerns me about this kid's development. They won't exactly be facing top end competition. That being said, what the hell do I know about the development of high end professional athletes?
Probably more than most people, but less than others.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Probably more than most people, but less than others.

giphy.gif

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Hey I've noticed no one has talked about our 7th rounder from last year, Maxim Denezhkin. He's doing really well in the MHL this year and he was great last year as well

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Hey I've noticed no one has talked about our 7th rounder from last year, Maxim Denezhkin. He's doing really well in the MHL this year and he was great last year as well
It's the MHL, which is why no one's talking about it. People won't really talk about him till he starts playing in higher leagues.

Reactions: Smartguy

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I wonder how much good this Phase 2 of return to play is going to do for Stuart Skinner. As far as I’ve seen he’s still the only goalie at camp, so he’s had close to a month of getting all the reps with the NHL guys. That’s probably more on ice time with them than he’s had in all the camps he’s been to combined. Add that to the fact that he had a pretty good 2nd half with the Condors and he could be primed for a huge breakout next season.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Reactions: TysonBarrie

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
They don't seem like comparables at all .

Parayko in his draft +1 was playing in the NCAA and put up 3.5 times the offense as Kesselring did in his draft +2.

That said he could for sure turn out, just don't see him as anything like Parayko

That said seeing what Marino is doing for Pittsburgh, you never know
I dont see the offensive upside that parayko has in Kesselring, but he could potentially make a solid 4/5 down the road if his development keeps up.

I would also like to point out Parayko wasn't drafted in his first year of eligibility, so this year of NCAA is the same progression time as Parayko's first year.

Funny thing looking at Marino's stats, he has kept his ppg around the same no matter what league he's played in, aside from a dip last year its all been pretty similar.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I said Parayko not because of offensive numbers but because of potential of getting a diamond in the rough. Both are big, mobile, right hand shot Dmen. There seems to be offense to Kesselring's game but he just hasn't focused on it yet.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013

Can Lagesson even be considered a prospect anymore? He's 24 with three pro seasons under his belt and a total of 110 pro games in North America. For all intents and purposes he's a pro.

I guess it doesn't really matter what he's classified as, just struck me as odd to label him a prospect.

Reactions: KYams17

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Holland has definitely made use of the European leagues to develop our prospects.

It'll be interesting to see if this does any better than throwing players in to the AHL.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018

Think he's just getting a head start on the season in his home country - as the USHL looks to start its season a little late this year. Still expect him to come back to North America and play college hockey next season at Providence College.

Reactions: Samus44

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Sounds like they are loaned to start and can be brought back over if wanted. Probably give them a few months of games in Europe and then back to the AHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad