Prospect Info: 2019-20 Oilers Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TysonBarrie

Jun 30, 2018
Honestly, say what you want about Peter Chiarelli but the one thing he was really good at was drafting.

Oilersfan1987

Aug 11, 2020
Hey guys, what are the odds that Brind'Amour and/or Rasanen pan out. Any news if they have potential to play as bottom liners. Also why are they keeping rights to Bogdan. Do we have plans on bringing him back eventually

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Hey guys, what are the odds that Brind'Amour and/or Rasanen pan out. Any news if they have potential to play as bottom liners. Also why are they keeping rights to Bogdan. Do we have plans on bringing him back eventually
It hurts nothing to keep his rights and I doubt any team has wanted to trade for him.

Rasanen probably has a future as a full time AHL guy or overseas player. Brind'Amour might be an ECHL guy in his prime.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Not sure if anyone noticed Konovalev's shutout last Wednesday. He stopped all 19 in a 4-0 win vs Dinamo Riga.

He also stopped 24 of 26 in a 2-1 loss to Traktor Chelybinsk.

So the KHL has started?? Can we stream it from somewhere? I want to see Samorukov play

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
Yup. He got us that useless nose licking twit Puljujarvi with a wasted 4th overall. That was really good at drafting.
Come on every analyst had him ranked in the top 3. No one could of predicted the outcome that happened. Every Oilers fan considered this a steal. You are lying if you didn't

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
Except Columbus.
Good for them. They wanted a center. Everyone thought that was a shocking decision. But how many people at the time would of wanted PC head for skipping over JP? He was thought to be a can't miss pick. Also a position the Oilers greatly needed falling into their laps. BPA BPA BPA

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Good for them. They wanted a center. Everyone thought that was a shocking decision. But how many people at the time would of wanted PC head for skipping over JP? He was thought to be a can't miss pick. Also a position the Oilers greatly needed falling into their laps. BPA BPA BPA

BPA BPA BPA but Columbus wanted a centre. Which is it?

And except for the fact the Columbus GM is on record as stating they found him to be of poor character and that Chiarelli didn’t for one second question why a Finnish GM with a Finnish Head Scout didn’t take the much vaunted Finnish “BPA”, nevermind the fact that Chiarelli didn’t even bother interviewing him at all.

Sorry but it’s a massive fail when you don’t perform due diligence on a player with a 4th overall pick.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

And except for the fact the Columbus GM is on record as stating they found him to be of poor character and that Chiarelli didn’t for one second question why a Finnish GM with a Finnish Head Scout didn’t take the much vaunted Finnish “BPA”, nevermind the fact that Chiarelli didn’t even bother interviewing him at all.

Sorry but it’s a massive fail when you don’t perform due diligence on a player with a 4th overall pick.
They were under the assumption he wouldn't even be available, but yes you should be interviewing everyone. You never know what will happen. Not even guys falling, but what happens when someone all of a sudden is offering you a trade to move up? You need to know the guys

Reactions: Tkachuckycheese

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016

Your argument is so dumb and delusional. You can't just argue from now to then. You had no clue at all. Be honestly realistic and don't think you would of known better. Look at Arizona they skipped over Zadina for Hayton in the case of drafting for need. The same with Columbus drafting for a need at center.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Your argument is so dumb and delusional. You can't just argue from now to then. You had no clue at all. Be honestly realistic and don't think you would of known better. Look at Arizona they skipped over Zadina for Hayton in the case of drafting for need. The same with Columbus drafting for a need at center.

I suppose you missed the part where I wrote that Chiarelli never interviewed him and why Columbus passed him over.

Also Love it when posters resort to insults when someone doesn’t agree with them.

Sorry but maybe you should have listened to the interview with Kekalainen when he explained why he didn’t take JP.

Tkachuckycheese

Oilers/Sens
Feb 2, 2016
I suppose you missed the part where I wrote that Chiarelli never interviewed him and why Columbus passed him over.

Also Love it when posters resort to insults when someone doesn’t agree with them.

Sorry but maybe you should have listened to the interview with Kekalainen when he explained why he didn’t take JP.
I did read it. Yes he should of interviewed for any outcome. But he never thought he would drop. It was a shocker.

Not insulting but you are acting all high and mighty right now.

I did listen to it. Stop acting like you knew he wouldn't work out at the time. It's also the case that management misused him and his development. PC rushed him because of McDavid and how highly ranked he was. He can still turn out to be an Oilers top 6 winger.

Every team interviews differently as well

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I did read it. Yes he should of interviewed for any outcome. But he never thought he would drop. It was a shocker.

Not insulting but you are acting all high and mighty right now.

I did listen to it. Stop acting like you knew he wouldn't work out at the time. It's also the case that management misused him and his development. PC rushed him because of McDavid and how highly ranked he was. He can still turn out to be an Oilers top 6 winger.

I am not acting high and mighty unless you see stating simple facts as high and mighty.

And nowhere did I say I thought he wouldn’t work out. In fact I was elated as a fan whose job isn't running a multi million dollar hockey franchise.

You have to judge what transpired by the facts behind what Columbus did and what we didn’t do. They interviewed him and had unique insight into his character. We couldn’t be bothered to even pick up a phone.

As to JPs future usefulness, time will tell but I’m now holding my breath.

TysonBarrie

Jun 30, 2018

I agree with this.
Regardless of that, Puljujarvi should have been taken 4th overall and if he skipped him, he'd probably lose his job the next day (which would have been better for us.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad