Prospect Info: 2019-20 Oilers Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Okay I've finally taken it upon myself to start a 2019-20 prospect thread because none of you other lazy SOBs (notice I said other) could be bothered.

MODs please sticky thread. Last posts from previous thread are listed below:

Prospect Info: - 2018-19 Oilers Prospects Thread III

Lavoie with a goal and 2 assists.

Normally they play tohether. Ice time in SHL is a bit more level than in NHL even though in this game Broberg only played around 14 mins. Last game he was back up to 18 mins.

Edit: last two games lost 6-1 and 3-1 while Broberg is +-0.

Seen on Twitter yesterday that Blumel is turning pro and signing in Czech rather than go the college route. I’m just going to assume his grades were lacking ala Tolvanen.

Nice. I think that’s good news.

I wasn’t a big fan of him going to UConn.

Mooseheads won't be a good team this year, will they?

Dunno where else to put this, but it kind of amazes me that Hayden Hawkey was only able to land an ECHL tryout. His numbers at Providence must be deceiving.

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
That's a bad goal to give up, hopefully it's because he's go a ++ shot and not because the goalie had a brain fart.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Not sure if anyone noticed Konovalev's shutout last Wednesday. He stopped all 19 in a 4-0 win vs Dinamo Riga.

He also stopped 24 of 26 in a 2-1 loss to Traktor Chelybinsk.

He's a good goalie, not surprised he's turning it around quickly after a slow start. I'd like to see him get into some more international games this year

Reactions: KYams17

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Lavoie picks up a primary assist in a 4-1 loss, up to 7 points in 6 games. The Mooseheads have not been good.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Broberg with an assist so far, but Skelleftea trails 4-1.

He has 2 assists in just under 8 games now. Very respectable production for an 18 year old in the SHL.

Already matched klefboms point total in 33 games in his draft+1 year hehe. Hope he keeps progressing and get more opportunity through the year.

Reactions: Consultant

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I'll say it again, i would have much preferred if Broberg had gone to hamilton.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'll say it again, i would have much preferred if Broberg had gone to hamilton.
Hamilton sucks this year. They're rebuilding.

I have no issues with letting him develop overseas--even if it takes a couple years. The same thing should've been done with Puljujarvi.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Playing on a ****ty OHL team? No thanks.

So you would rather him be buried as the 6th dman getting low minutes for a couple of years rather than playing 30 minutes a nignt in all situations and making a shitty team good while getting accustomed to the north American game and north American style grind of play?

To each his own.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Hamilton sucks this year. They're rebuilding.

I have no issues with letting him develop overseas--even if it takes a couple years. The same thing should've been done with Puljujarvi.

Maybe a couple of years of junior would have been good for Puljuarvi as opposed to going from europe to the nhl.

It is my feeling you develop better by playing a lot and you develop your game better when you play in all situations.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Maybe a couple of years of junior would have been good for Puljuarvi as opposed to going from europe to the nhl.

It is my feeling you develop better by playing a lot and you develop your game better when you play in all situations.
There is more than one way to develop a player

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
So you would rather him be buried as the 6th dman getting low minutes for a couple of years rather than playing 30 minutes a nignt in all situations and making a ****ty team good while getting accustomed to the north American game and north American style grind of play?

To each his own.
You're acting like he's getting under 10 minutes a game.

His lowest TOI this year is 11:31.
His highest TOI is 17:55 with another at 17:40.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
You're acting like he's getting under 10 minutes a game.

His lowest TOI this year is 11:31.
His highest TOI is 17:55 with another at 17:40.
I'd rather it be mid 20's playing pp and pk and being the #1 guy.

If he progresses to later in the year getting more time and responsibly it might be worth it. If he is still #5, #6 a whole year I'd rather him get the extra playing time and become acclimatized to na game.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I'd rather it be mid 20's playing pp and pk and being the #1 guy.

If he progresses to later in the year getting more time and responsibly it might be worth it. If he is still #5, #6 a whole year I'd rather him get the extra playing time and become acclimatized to na game.

Playing against men, especially as a defenseman is highly valuable and makes the transition to the NHL easier. Look at how easily guys like Heiskanen, Dahlin and Heinola has transitioned. Söderström was also getting rave reviews for the Yotes. Meanwhile a guy like Byram, coming out of the CHL, was not very good at all in camp and got sent back rather quickly. I don't think there would've been much value in Broberg playing in the CHL. It would probably have been a step back from playing in Allsvenskan actually. AHL would've been better than CHL but I don't see the rush for him to come over. Getting some SHL experience is going to be good for him and help him in the long run.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
So you would rather him be buried as the 6th dman getting low minutes for a couple of years rather than playing 30 minutes a nignt in all situations and making a ****ty team good while getting accustomed to the north American game and north American style grind of play?

To each his own.
For a couple years? He's likely to move up the lineup if his development is going well over the next year or two. If he hasn't then he was likely a poor pick. There's nothing wrong with him playing in the SHL on the bottom pair as a just turned 18 year and working his way up the lineup over the next couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad