Prospect Info: 2019-20 Oilers Prospect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I would like to know where this league sits in relation to other leagues

Definitely on the lower tier, I'd guess.

Probably something like: Russia > Sweden > Finland > Swiss > Germany > Czech.

Sweden's second tier league(Allsvenskan) that Bouchard and Lavoie are playing in probably sneaks in before the Czech league too.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I would like to know where this league sits in relation to other leagues

Definitely on the lower tier, I'd guess.

Probably something like: Russia > Sweden > Finland > Swiss > Germany > Czech.

Sweden's second tier league(Allsvenskan) that Bouchard and Lavoie are playing in probably sneaks in before the Czech league too.
I found this on "The Hockey Writers": https://thehockeywriters.com/top-10-best-ice-hockey-leagues/ but I am honestly not that convinced. I tend to agree with @McDNicks17 here (though not sure if Allsvenskan is comparable/better than CZE).

The championsleague hockey puts up a list based on the success/points the various teams have in that league.
That list goes:
1. SHL
2. Swiss
3. German
4. Finnish
5. Czech.

There is a bit of a gap between SHL / Swiss and then again between Swiss / German. German/Finnish/Czech are close in points.

edit: that being said, this season I bet my *** that Allsvenskan will be better, at least for the 2 months or so that they are allowed to use short-term loans from the NHL :)

Reactions: Oilers in NS

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

Good article. The NHL really needs to close that NCAA loophole. No way an NHL team should lose its player rights while a prospect is still an 'amateur' ... err ... at least in so far as NCAA athletes inclusive of football and basketball are considered amateur.

The Penguins just on the ball and when presented with an out Marino chose to not sign with Edmonton. That is how excellent scouting can make a world of difference finding value and upside in a late draft prospect.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Good article. The NHL really needs to close that NCAA loophole. No way an NHL team should lose its player rights while a prospect is still an 'amateur' ... err ... at least in so far as NCAA athletes inclusive of football and basketball are considered amateur.

The Penguins just on the ball and when presented with an out Marino chose to not sign with Edmonton. That is how excellent scouting can make a world of difference finding value and upside in a late draft prospect.
It’s not really a loophole. Players drafted out of the CHL can wait 4 years and be a free agent too

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
It’s not really a loophole. Players drafted out of the CHL can wait 4 years and be a free agent too

Sour grapes on my part really. However staying in school is far more likely than a kid going the CHL route where they age out at 20 versus NCAA and a 21/22 year old man. But still feel a team should have greater draft rights given the circumstances.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Jesse Puljujarvi (9:30 AM), Dmitri Samorukov (10:30 AM), and Philip Broberg (11:00 AM) are all playing regular season games today. I'll post streams for all three games. Broberg will be playing against Lucas Raymond's team, so I'm especially excited about that one.

The NLA (McLeod) and Allsvenskan (Bouchard and Lavoie) are starting up as well, and I believe all three prospects play tomorrow. I'll have streams up for those games too.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Jesse Puljujarvi (9:30 AM), Dmitri Samorukov (10:30 AM), and Philip Broberg (11:00 AM) are all playing regular season games today. I'll post streams for all three games. Broberg will be playing against Lucas Raymond's team, so I'm especially excited about that one.

The NLA (McLeod) and Allsvenskan (Bouchard and Lavoie) are starting up as well, and I believe all three prospects play tomorrow. I'll have streams up for those games too.

I LOVE YOU

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Hopefully in a few minutes. The stream is not up yet.

In other news, Samorukov looks like a 10-year veteran for CSKA. He's playing the right side.

Right side? Crazy if true. Many try to say playing your offside isn't a big deal but I disagree.

Sekera and Russell are both considered good on their offside yet both are significantly better when playing their natural side.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Right side? Crazy if true. Many try to say playing your offside isn't a big deal but I disagree.

Sekera and Russell are both considered good on their offside yet both are significantly better when playing their natural side.
Happens all the time in SHL. I think it's better to play on your right (as in correct) side, but it's a luxury of having ample choice. Broberg played a lot on the right before. Because even though not ideal he was better than the other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad