NBA 2019-20 NBA Regular Season Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Taking Kyrie's side is certainly interesting here, considering the flip-flopping he's done and the lack of transparency regarding his motives. Not to mention his general nature of being a headcase.

All the same excuses people used to discredit Kap and don't even see the hypocrisy.

All the other major sports are doing a condensed season as well. Not sure why you're only going after the NBA.

Are they though? MLB said they might not have a season. Only comparable sport is NHL and I honestly don't see them doing anything.

I sat back and watched the hypocrisy from NBA fans and players regarding the NFL. Perfect example is the guy covering the NBA cheering burning down the hood but they are animals when they came to his gated community. NBA fans and players cheering and got an opinion on everything NFL related but when it came to their league. Oh now Kyrie has ulterior motives. Blah blah. Where's the mental gymnastics to understand why he's protesting? Everybody was rushing to Stephen Jackson's side because he was friends with George Floyd now he supports not playing and everybody is like woah woah. He even supports Kyrie.

Like I said. I knew what was going on from Day 1. Funny part is nobody is saying no 20-21 NBA Season. You'd get basketball in 4 months. You can't pick and choose when to protest and which sports it's allowed. You like basketball more than football so it's a no go. Hypocrisy is glaring. If you support Kap you should support Kyrie. You can't pick and choose.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Like I said. I knew what was going on from Day 1. Funny part is nobody is saying no 20-21 NBA Season. You'd get basketball in 4 months. You can't pick and choose when to protest and which sports it's allowed. You like basketball more than football so it's a no go. Hypocrisy is glaring. If you support Kap you should support Kyrie. You can't pick and choose.

What are they going to get done in the next 4 months that would make them content with returning to the basketball court in October?

As I've already said, I have no problems if Kyrie and a group of players want to sit out the season and protest. So far, they haven't said much about what actions they plan on taking, and specifically what they hope to accomplish. Just a bunch of general mumbo jumbo to reach as many players as possible, so I'm super skeptical here. Not surprisingly, so are the players. His zoom meetings are getting smaller and smaller by the day it looks like.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
What are they going to get done in the next 4 months that would make them content with returning to the basketball court in October?

As I've already said, I have no problems if Kyrie and a group of players want to sit out the season and protest. So far, they haven't said much about what actions they plan on taking, and specifically what they hope to accomplish. Just a bunch of general mumbo jumbo to reach as many players as possible, so I'm super skeptical here. Not surprisingly, so are the players. His zoom meetings are getting smaller and smaller by the day it looks like.
What is Kaepernick going to accomplish by kneeling?

As I've already said, I have no problems if Kaepernick and a group of players want to kneel and peacefully protest. So far, they haven't said much about what actions they plan on taking, and specifically what they hope to accomplish. Just a bunch of general mumbo jumbo to reach as many players as possible, so I'm super skeptical here. Not surprisingly, so are the players.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
What is Kaepernick going to accomplish by kneeling?

As I've already said, I have no problems if Kaepernick and a group of players want to kneel and peacefully protest. So far, they haven't said much about what actions they plan on taking, and specifically what they hope to accomplish. Just a bunch of general mumbo jumbo to reach as many players as possible, so I'm super skeptical here. Not surprisingly, so are the players.

You realize that Kaepernick protested AND played at the same time, right? And he wasn't looking to form a group trying to potentially halt the restart of the season, against the wishes of the majority of the NBA players.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If you support Kap you should support Kyrie. You can't pick and choose.
Ok, but, Colin Kaepernick never wanted the NFL to cease playing. It was quite contrary.

Kyrie doesn't want any dudes playing.

There's a huge, huge difference between the two. They might be championing the same cause, but that's literally all they have in common.

Reactions: donghabs98

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Ok, but, Colin Kaepernick never wanted the NFL to cease playing. It was quite contrary.

There's a huge, huge difference between the two. They might be championing the same cause, but that's literally all they have in common.

The irony here is that this NBA coalition group would really be better off by playing and using the NBA platform to advance their cause. Look at how big of a thing the Kaepernick kneeling became and still is. All because he did it using the massive platform the NFL gave him. How many people have even paid attention to the NBA players that have been protesting on the streets? I see some small headlines on ESPN about it, but for the most part, it's not really heavily covered, even by sports media outlets.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

He doesn't want to play in some crammed in tournament for a ring nobody is going to respect anyways. It's honestly an easy decision but Kyrie would get credit and not Lebron so they are playing.

Kap kind of ruined that NFL season for better or worse. In one way it brought attention to a serious issue people still didn't understand until 4 years later. It divided locker rooms. All the media would talk about who is kneeling blah blah and not even why he was kneeling. Ruined season vs. not playing. I don't really see the difference.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He doesn't want to play in some crammed in tournament for a ring nobody is going to respect anyways. It's honestly an easy decision but Kyrie would get credit and not Lebron so they are playing.

Kap kind of ruined that NFL season for better or worse. In one way it brought attention to a serious issue people still didn't understand until 4 years later. It divided locker rooms. All the media would talk about who is kneeling blah blah and not even why he was kneeling. Ruined season vs. not playing. I don't really see the difference.
Honestly, you're just spewing nonsense. This has nothing to do with LeBron James vs Kyrie Irving.

Kyrie straight up doesn't want to play. He told his teammates not to play, and then he suggested to them that they should start their own league. Yeah - that guy REALLY wants to champion the Black Lives Matter movement by starting his own league.

And no, Kaepernick didn't "ruin the NFL season" because games were still played, the Super Bowl still went on without a blip, and money was still made. If anything, it put even MORE spotlight on the league.

What Colin Kaepernick wanted, and what Kyrie Irving wants are two completely different things.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008

Irving's out for the rest of the season with an injury. He's not playing even if the season were to resume. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and just looking to take shots at LeBron whenever you can. This much is clear.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
NBA teams are being assigned hotels based on their record. The best get the best, etc. I'm not kidding.
This is actually lol worthy but it makes sense.

If you're not going to have home court advantage with your fans and staying at home longer than the weaker team, at the very least the regular season should mean something so doing this seems ok to me.

Reactions: Elvis P and Voight

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Irving's out for the rest of the season with an injury. He's not playing even if the season were to resume. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and just looking to take shots at LeBron whenever you can. This much is clear.

So the same excuse some people say about Kap. He was fringe starter/back-up and on his way out the league. Gotcha. Double standard.

Reactions: Pyromaniac

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
So the same excuse some people say about Kap. He was fringe starter/back-up and on his way out the league. Gotcha. Double standard.

I don't want to turn this into a football discussion, but busically, you're just making sh*t up to fit your narrative. He started the final 12 games of that 2016 season and his 16/4 TD/INT ratio would have placed him top 5 amongst all QBs with more than 10 TD passes that season. He was still a quality starter. This has been discussed so many times in the football boards and you keep ignoring the evidence because it's apparent now that you can't forgive Kaepernick for ruining the 2016 season for you with his kneeling.

Last edited:

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I don't want to turn this into a football discussion, but busically, you're just making sh*t up to fit your narrative. He started the final 12 games of that 2016 season and his 16/4 TD/INT ratio would have placed him top 5 amongst all QBs with more than 10 TD passes that season. He was still a quality starter. This has been discussed so many times in the football boards and you keep ignoring the evidence because it's apparent now that you can't forgive Kaepernick for ruining the 2016 season for you with his kneeling.

I'm fine with Kap kneeling. I'm just tired of the hypocrisy from the NBA and their fans. I knew what was going on from Day 1 and this whole situation has proved me right. You can pick and choose where you want change. I really like the NBA so don't mess with it, mess with the NFL. You need to give up something you really like for real change.

Kyrie and the many players with him are correct. It's not just Kyrie would said they shouldn't play btw. Basketball shouldn't be played right now.

Reactions: Pyromaniac

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I'm fine with Kap kneeling. I'm just tired of the hypocrisy from the NBA and their fans. I knew what was going on from Day 1 and this whole situation has proved me right. You can pick and choose where you want change. I really like the NBA so don't mess with it, mess with the NFL. You need to give up something you really like for real change.

Kyrie and the many players with him are correct. It's not just Kyrie would said they shouldn't play btw. Basketball shouldn't be played right now.

Kyrie hasn't said that they shouldn't play at all. Kyrie proposed starting his own league for these guys to play in. That's how messed up in the head he is.

It's not up to you to decide whether they play or not. The players have overwhelmingly decided that they want to play. If you're okay with Kaepernick protesting and playing at the same time, why aren't you okay with the NBA players doing the same?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

I mean, it really seems like you don't know anything about what's going on.

Kyrie Irving asked his teammates not to play in Orlando and then proposed starting his own league.

That is not the sentiment someone who doesn't want any basketball to be played right now would be feeling.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Kyrie hasn't said that they shouldn't play at all. Kyrie proposed starting his own league for these guys to play in. That's how messed up in the head he is.

It's not up to you to decide whether they play or not. The players have overwhelmingly decided that they want to play. If you're okay with Kaepernick protesting and playing at the same time, why aren't you okay with the NBA players doing the same?

Are NBA players going to kneel? No. They are going to do barely anything and get a pass. Anybody watching a NBA warm-up or post game interview already knows what's going on. It's bringing awareness to nothing.

I mean, it really seems like you don't know anything about what's going on.

Kyrie Irving asked his teammates not to play in Orlando and then proposed starting his own league.

That is not the sentiment someone who doesn't want any basketball to be played right now would be feeling.

It's not a bad idea and not exclusive to Kyrie. Trust me Lebron, Jay Z, Diddy, etc are all thinking it. Ownership is key. NFL gets killed and while they don't have any African American ownership. They have more diversity than the NBA.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Are NBA players going to kneel? No. They are going to do barely anything and get a pass. Anybody watching a NBA warm-up or post game interview already knows what's going on. It's bringing awareness to nothing.

Considering you thought Kaepernick's kneeling was useless and it ruined the NFL season for you, why does it matter if the NBA players kneel to make a point? Besides, I don't see the NFL players cancelling their season so that they can protest, so why should the NBA? Your bias is clearly showing here

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
You realize that Kaepernick protested AND played at the same time, right? And he wasn't looking to form a group trying to potentially halt the restart of the season, against the wishes of the majority of the NBA players.
Kyrie already has a better plan of action than Kaepernick ever did. He has way more leverage and is striking at a time when public sentiment seems to be on his side. Kaepernick's protest fizzled out because he was a lone guy kneeling (later joined by others), Kyrie is organizing with his fellow NBA players to effectively shut the league down until demands are met. Just look how much Kyrie is getting vilified in the media right now because the league's partners will be losing millions due to Kyrie's actions. Kaep's protest just pissed off a certain segment of the population, fear of offending fans made teams hesitant to sign him which alienated people on the other side of the aisle, the combined effect began to negatively affect the NFL's bottom line. Politicizing the NFL may have worked to amplify Kaep's message but Kyrie is threatening to do a whole lot more.

He is also exposing all the hypocrites who supported Kaep but are now bashing him because their wallets are under threat. Its easy to be a social activist when the fall out isn't going to affect you, just ask our basketball ambassador from China, Lebron James.

Last edited:
Reactions: SouthGeorge

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Considering you thought Kaepernick's kneeling was useless and it ruined the NFL season for you, why does it matter if the NBA players kneel to make a point? Besides, I don't see the NFL players cancelling their season so that they can protest, so why should the NBA? Your bias is clearly showing here
The NFL just donated millions 250mil towards the issues that Kaepernick was kneeling against. This on top of the 100mil they gave a few years ago when partnering with the Player's coalition. What has the NBA done other than virtue signalling?

Reactions: SouthGeorge

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
He is also exposing all the hypocrites who supported Kaep but are now bashing him because their wallets are under threat. Its easy to be a social activist when the fall out isn't going to affect you, just ask our basketball ambassador from China, Lebron James.

Oh, you must have meant Kyrie then, the guy whose season was already over anyways and had nothing to gain from the season re-starting.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

I never said it was useless and ruined the season. I said it took 4 years for people to understand what he was doing. It ruined the NFL season for some.

Kyrie isn't saying cancel the 20-21 NBA season so NFL cancelling their season isn't a fair comparison. He's saying screw the 19-20 messed up season, focus on bigger issues at hand, and then get back to basketball in October. It's not hard to understand. Your not listening.

Kyrie already has a better plan of action than Kaepernick ever did. He has way more leverage and is striking at a time when public sentiment seems to be on his side. Kaepernick's protest fizzled out because he was a lone guy kneeling (later joined by others), Kyrie is organizing with his fellow NBA players to effectively shut the league down until demands are met. Just look how much Kyrie is getting vilified in the media right now because the league's partners will be losing millions due to Kyrie's actions. Kaep's protest just pissed off a certain segment of the population, fear of offending fans made teams hesitant to sign him which alienated people on the other side of the aisle, the combined effect began to negatively affect the NFL's bottom line. Politicizing the NFL may have worked to amplify Kaep's message but Kyrie is threatening to do a whole lot more.

Winner winner.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I never said it was useless and ruined the season. I said it took 4 years for people to understand what he was doing. It ruined the NFL season for some.

Kyrie isn't saying cancel the 20-21 NBA season so NFL cancelling their season isn't a fair comparison. He's saying screw the 19-20 messed up season, focus on bigger issues at hand, and then get back to basketball in October. It's not hard to understand. Your not listening.

Sounds like you're saying it ruined the season for you.

Also, what if the bigger issues aren't gone by October? Does Kyrie and the Coalition continue to sit out another season?

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
Oh, you must have meant Kyrie then, the guy whose season was already over anyways and had nothing to gain from the season re-starting.
Kyrie is still relatively in his prime. Adam Silver has already outlined what the players stand to gain or lose from not finishing out the season. Kyrie is risking his future earnings, and his standing with his employer, not to mention media partners.

People like to laugh at Kyrie for his eccentric beliefs, but they don't recognize that he is the one guy who is willing to not follow along blindly like any another sheep in the herd. I am guaranteeing you that Silver will have more sleepless nights about Kyrie than Goodell did with Kaepernick. Kyrie is directly questioning the power structure. The attacks that will come his way from the media will be swift and persistent. He is threatening their livelihoods and they are losing their shit. Its glorious to watch. The NBA media is spinning in their own hypocrisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad