NBA 2019-20 NBA Regular Season Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
before the tweetstorm Napear was actually pretty solid for the Kings

He also used to host the Jim Rome show as a guest host and he was doing his show on the radio too locally. Never really had a problem with him until Cousins goaded him.
I would always have to mute the game when on the Kings broadcast. They just hype up their players to extreme measures. I’ve heard them call Willey Cauley-Stein one of the “elite” centers in the league. I’m sure most broadcasts do it but it’s like they can’t see what’s going on.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Wonder if he asked Xi if voting is OK ????????????

9478730.jpg

Reactions: SouthGeorge

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

First Harden and now Jokic. Two of the leading candidates to come back in really poor shape appear to be in the best shape of their careers. All eyes on Zion and possibly Luka now.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Sounds like cases in Florida are spiking and the state could potentially be shut down again

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Kyrie continues to prove he's bat-shit crazy.

Came here to say exactly that. How anyone can take this guy seriously is beyond me.

If some of these NBA players want to sit out and continue the protest, then so be it, but don't drag everyone else into it if they want to play. Many players still need to make a living. Whether they like it or not, sports will come back. Trying to hold the NBA hostage when they're the ones that has given these players so much, including this platform to affect change, seems ill-advised.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
TBH Melo and D12 were the only other two players I saw that are considering sitting out, and their teams won't exactly be hurting if that happens. Not going to be much of a statement.

As for Kyrie's comment of only 20 or so guys making the big bucks.... pretty sure the avg salary is now somewhere between 3-4.5 million.... everyone else is doing just fine. In every single sport there is a select group of players making significantly more than the rest.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
TBH Melo and D12 were the only other two players I saw that are considering sitting out, and their teams won't exactly be hurting if that happens. Not going to be much of a statement.

As for Kyrie's comment of only 20 or so guys making the big bucks.... pretty sure the avg salary is now somewhere between 3-4.5 million.... everyone else is doing just fine. In every single sport there is a select group of players making significantly more than the rest.

Yeah, he'd have a point if he was talking about the MLB. But in a league where role players can make upwards of 10M he's just way off.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sources: Kyrie key voice in Friday call with players

If Kyrie keeps pushing this and the players dont resume the season, things are going to get interesting here.

Irving, 28, has forged a reputation as a disruptor within his career, and that's emerging again at this crucial moment for the NBA. Irving's stance has pitted him against the league's establishment, including his former Cavaliers teammate LeBron James, once again. There's significant support to resume the season among the league's superstars -- most of whom are on playoff contenders -- and Irving seems to be relishing the clash.

LeBron-Kyrie-.png

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Came here to say exactly that. How anyone can take this guy seriously is beyond me.

If some of these NBA players want to sit out and continue the protest, then so be it, but don't drag everyone else into it if they want to play. Many players still need to make a living. Whether they like it or not, sports will come back. Trying to hold the NBA hostage when they're the ones that has given these players so much, including this platform to affect change, seems ill-advised.
None of the big-name stars are on board with this, at least according to reports. They all understand how stupid he sounds.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
What's crazier to me is how he thinks NBA players making lower-end salaries are somehow struggling.

Dude, there are people around the world that can live off of $50,000/year; these guys make millions.

He really is bat**** crazy. Like, the guy seems utterly clueless about life.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
All jokes aside, people can question whether Kyrie is the right messenger or not based on his history and maybe even his reasoning for speaking up but based on some of the reports coming out, it seems there are others who agree with his general message about there being much bigger concerns than basketball right now.

The players will likely suffer if they don't play though. Maybe not Kyrie or CP3 but players who still need to get paid and those on teams actually competing for a championship right now will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad