2019-20 Minor League Thread - Rampage/Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I’m assuming Kyrou and Kostin will be on the same line when Jordan comes back. No reason not to put them together, they’re our best two prospects.

Both are at their best at RW so...I wouldn’t count on it. I guess I could see Kostin on LW but like Vladi, he prefers to play his off-wing so he can cut to the middle on his forehand.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
If Kostin cannot EARN that role, then he has a problem.

He is supposed to be one of our top prospects and he needs to start reinforcing that status or else he will find himself on the outside looking in.

I have been a hardcore Blues fan ever since I saw my first game when I was 4 y/o at the old barn, so I desperately want Kostin to be über successful.

I truly wish him no ill will.

I agree with this take.

I’ve seen some sentiment that somehow Kostin plays well with better players so he should just be given that situation - either top line in the AHL or just given an NHL chance.

No. Not unless he earns it IMO. I haven’t had the chance to catch a Rampage game yet this season but if he looks at all like he looked last season then he’s not close IMO. He seemingly had a strong camp with the Blues but he still needs a ton of work away from the puck and needs to utilize his teammates better. I still question his hockey sense. He needs to play a safe game and a team game and his coaches will trust with with more icetime and tougher icetime.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
What are exact forward lines and d-pairs currently?

This was the line up against Tucson last week:

Nolan | Olsen | Poganski
Walker | Vecchione | Kostin
Toropchenko | Darcy | Lappin
Stevens | Kaspick | Nastasiuk

Mikkola | Reinke
Pouliot | Borgman
Walman | Dotchin

Husso
Wilcox

If I remember correctly this is the first time Kostin was paired with Vecchione and Walker. Before the last Tucson-game he was played on the third line with Toropchenko and Darcy, who both have been offensive black holes.
The only other spot the Rampage have been experimenting with is the LW-position on the 4th line. They started out with Dakota Joshua at that spot, swapped him out for Evan Polei and they appear to have settled on Nolan Stevens who had a couple of productive games.

Personally I only see snippets of the Rampage games, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised that when Kyrou returns, Toropchenko could be reassigned to Tulsa.

I’m assuming Kyrou and Kostin will be on the same line when Jordan comes back. No reason not to put them together, they’re our best two prospects.

Who knows what Bannister has planned. But I'd guess he's going to put Kyrou on the line with Walker and Vecchione and put Kostin on the third line instead of Toropchenko with Darcy and Lappin.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
When’s Kyrou back?

Wouldn't you like to know?

Actually, I’d also like to know. I suspect many are wondering that!

When he got sent down after staying with the Blues a while I assumed he’d be in the Rampage lineup relatively quickly but I guess not. Anyone have any update on how his knee rehab is going or how close he is to playing?

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Wouldn't you like to know?

Actually, I’d also like to know. I suspect many are wondering that!

When he got sent down after staying with the Blues a while I assumed he’d be in the Rampage lineup relatively quickly but I guess not. Anyone have any update on how his knee rehab is going or how close he is to playing?
What makes his absence even more perplexing is that he stayed in St. Louis so long in rehab, started practicing with the team, and got to a point where he was a regular participant before they sent him to San Antonio. By all accounts at the time, it sounded like he was ready to play, and yet he has been held out of all 4 games the Rampage have played since he was sent there.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
What are exact forward lines and d-pairs currently?

From Saturday's game.

Nolan | Olsen | Poganski
Walker | Vecchione | Kostin
Toropchenko | Darcy | Lappin
Stevens | Kaspick | Nastasiuk
Mikkola | Reinke
Pouliot | Borgman
Walman | Dotchin
Husso
Wilcox

I'd argue Kostin's linemates are not only better than Nolan's but significantly so.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Rampage with a come from behind win tonight, Reinke, Mikkola, and Kostin with some solid numbers so far. Reinke 6pts in 7 games, Mikkola and Kostin both have 5pts in 7 games. If Mikkola can grow his offensive game a bit we could really have a gem, also can't wait until they can add Kryou into the mix.

How has Kostin Looked? Has he been skating full out? Has he been helping his team when he doesn't have the puck? Has he been responsible on defence? Is he racing for loose pucks, and also winning puck battles? He has 5 points in 7 games. How many of them are goals? Has he been doing a lot of net crashing, like he was doing near the end of his exhibition games with the Blues? What's your assessment of his overall play? Has he clicked well with his linemates?

Reactions: Klank Loves You

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Wow! I was straying all over the place during The Kings game. I posted on AT LEAST TWO wrong threads, that I know. I hope there weren't more. :ha::eek::oops:

You say this like it's unusual Robb. I think each such post generated a never change comment, because we all know it's only a matter of time before it happens again!

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
How has Kostin Looked? Has he been skating full out? Has he been helping his team when he doesn't have the puck? Has he been responsible on defence? Is he racing for loose pucks, and also winning puck battles? He has 5 points in 7 games. How many of them are goals? Has he been doing a lot of net crashing, like he was doing near the end of his exhibition games with the Blues? What's your assessment of his overall play? Has he clicked well with his linemates?
I don't watch AHL games but I like to consistently keep up with stats and game recaps of Rampage games all season long and find any tidbits of info I can online about the team.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
@RampageNate Any idea why Kyrou still isn’t making his debut tonight? We’re not getting any information on his situation back here in St. Louis.
Probably just not ready yet. They never said he’s for sure playing tonight. They said he might. Meaning, they’re not gonna put him in until he’s fully healthy. I doubt it’s anything news worthy.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
The P-D says Kyrou will undergo readiness test today and hope to play tomorrow. They also said Reinke has "upper body" injury and out week to week. Sounds like concussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad