2019-20 Minor League Thread - Rampage/Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Borgman will for sure be the first call up. They loved his camp, which I’m not surprised.
Mikkola is likely to replace Gunnarsson or Bouwmeester when they move on, but today he wouldn’t be the first guy up (unless short term as a skating player) to replace the 7th D position. They will want him to play as much as possible, and calling him up to be the 6/7 guy is counterproductive.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Mikkola is likely to replace Gunnarsson or Bouwmeester when they move on, but today he wouldn’t be the first guy up (unless short term as a skating player) to replace the 7th D position. They will want him to play as much as possible, and calling him up to be the 6/7 guy is counterproductive.
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a look if say, Bouwmeester got hurt. I wouldn't mind giving him a look if there's an extended amount of playing time up for grabs. Although if it's just a short term fill in I could see Borgman getting the shot.

Halak Ness Monster

Nov 11, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a look if say, Bouwmeester got hurt. I wouldn't mind giving him a look if there's an extended amount of playing time up for grabs. Although if it's just a short term fill in I could see Borgman getting the shot.

Yeah giving Mikkola some NHL playing time would be a very smart idea. Gotta give him an idea of what the NHL is like before he takes over full time next season.

We also need an idea of if he's close to being a starter on D or if we should look into bringing JBo back for another year.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
.963 save percentage and a 1.00 GAA to start the year for Ville. Important year for him and he’s off to a great start. Kostin’s first assist was a beauty as was Walker’s finish on that goal.

All of this before one of the best scorers in the AHL laces them up. Rampage might actually have something going down there this year.

BleedBlueForever

Jun 24, 2015
Just watched the game from last night. Rampage looking a lot better. Husso looked great, hopefully he has a great year.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Interesting article I found while Googling Ryan Olsen out of curiosity.

Not the most savory of characters.

Link

Yikes - I would hope the Blues were aware of this and determined that Olsen accepted responsibility for this reprehensible behavior. He's playing with two strikes against him.

CoverYour5

Sep 25, 2018
Has there been any news on Kyrou? Don't think he has gotten in a game yet, and right before he went down it seemed like he was very close to returning to full action.

Concerning to say the least.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Sure would be nice if Kostin started producing.

6 games
0 goals
3 assists
8 PIMs

Have not watched a single game, so I cannot speak to the non-stat aspects of his game this season.

But his stat line is lacking.

Last edited:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Has there been any news on Kyrou? Don't think he has gotten in a game yet, and right before he went down it seemed like he was very close to returning to full action.

Concerning to say the least.

I would guess he’s still rehabbing. Not sure if he’s a full participant in Rampage practices or not yet but unless there something seriously wrong with his knee I won’t be too concerned. Likely just normal rehab to get him up to game speed IMO.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Sure would be nice if Kostin started producing.

6 games
0 goals
3 assists
8 PIMs

Have not watched a single game, so I cannot speak to the non-stat aspects of his game this season.

But his stat line is lacking.
Ya I feel ya there, hopefully Kostin scores a goal soon and gets on a roll. I would love if he plays really well and the Blues give him a call up at some point b/c I really want to see what he looks like at the NHL level.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Not suprised if Kostin is playing worse linemates and 2nd powerplay. While guy like Nolan is getting better o-zone starts, better linemates and 1st line powerplay.

Reactions: STLBLUES44

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Not suprised if Kostin is playing worse linemates and 2nd powerplay. While guy like Nolan is getting better o-zone starts, better linemates and 1st line powerplay.
If Kostin cannot EARN that role, then he has a problem.

He is supposed to be one of our top prospects and he needs to start reinforcing that status or else he will find himself on the outside looking in.

I have been a hardcore Blues fan ever since I saw my first game when I was 4 y/o at the old barn, so I desperately want Kostin to be über successful.

I truly wish him no ill will.

Reactions: Blueston

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio

You wanna know why this happens? Because Jordan Nolan plays smart hockey and uses his teammates. Kostin started to do those things in the first week or so, and then turned back into a pumpkin.

And make no mistake, Kostin isn't exactly playing with AHL plugs right now. He's got skill surrounding him.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
You wanna know why this happens? Because Jordan Nolan plays smart hockey and uses his teammates. Kostin started to do those things in the first week or so, and then turned back into a pumpkin.

And make no mistake, Kostin isn't exactly playing with AHL plugs right now. He's got skill surrounding him.
Absotutely!

He is playing with very good professional AHL-level hockey players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad