2019-20 Minor League Thread - Rampage/Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylester

Feb 28, 2020
Southern California
Wow...Rampage lost to Milwaukee last night 6 - 1. Based on box score, Milwaukee gets a goal in the 2nd period, Rampage tie it at 8:08 of the 3rd (LeLeggia)...and then give up 5 goals in 9 minutes the rest of the way. Only one goal was an Empty Net, and it wasn't even the last one. Adam Wilcox was the goalie in this one. Sounds like this team is throwing in the towel after making a bit of a impressive run...too bad. Would have been nice to give the fans in San Antonio a farewell gift of a few playoff games...

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I think a little good news is in order.

Jake Walman has won the "Man of the Year" award for the Rampage. While there is a winner from every team, it is nice to see someone as young as him get recognized for his contributions within the San Antonio community. And I guess he will, unfortunately, be the last winner from that city for the foreseeable future.

2019-20 AHL Man of the Year team winners named

I still like Walman as a prospect and it looked like he made very positive steps forward this year. Maybe he will be a late bloomer for the Blues.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
One thing that is a benefit of the Blues during this, we won't have a financial loss from the AHL club, where many of the other NHL clubs that own their minor league club will have. I wonder if that impacts spending for some clubs.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Howdy fellas, long time no see! Hope everyone is staying safe and sane.

It looks like the Tulsa Oilers won’t be our affiliate anymore. That makes sense in a few ways: We’ve been sharing that affiliation for a few years with Anaheim/San Diego, which is who they’re going with for the next three (!) years. Tulsa is also an awfully long way away from Springfield, Mass. Much less of a big deal than losing San Antonio was, but still something to sort out before the “next” season resumes, whenever that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad