2019-20 Minor League Thread - Rampage/Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Are Veccione, Olsen and Walker really that good AHL vets?

They're good enough for the role they are expected to play. All 3 of them are top-6 players on most AHL-teams. And apparantly Berube likes Walker and Olsen as potential injury call-ups.

Reactions: mk80

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012
Listened to the first game for the Rampage today, a 2-1 win. Admitted it’s just from listening, so there will be better notes, but thoughts.

Overall, a quite good game it seemed like. Rampage put up at least 10 shots every period, and didn’t allow 10 shots in any period too, so that’s a good recipe for success. Husso was pretty solid from the sounds of it.

The defense seemed to be pretty darn good. No Laleggia which is... an odd call since he was the leading scorer for the Rampage. But the defense is super loaded at this point, and it seemed like they played like it.

Klim Kostin got an assist, but it was a secondary with Dotchin making a great pass to set up Walkers goal. He had 0 shots on goal and 4 PIMs, 2 of which were an offsetting. Maybe he looked better in reality?

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Listened to the first game for the Rampage today, a 2-1 win. Admitted it’s just from listening, so there will be better notes, but thoughts.

Overall, a quite good game it seemed like. Rampage put up at least 10 shots every period, and didn’t allow 10 shots in any period too, so that’s a good recipe for success. Husso was pretty solid from the sounds of it.

The defense seemed to be pretty darn good. No Laleggia which is... an odd call since he was the leading scorer for the Rampage. But the defense is super loaded at this point, and it seemed like they played like it.

Klim Kostin got an assist, but it was a secondary with Dotchin making a great pass to set up Walkers goal. He had 0 shots on goal and 4 PIMs, 2 of which were an offsetting. Maybe he looked better in reality?

Both Lallegia and O’Gara sat. That’s pretty crazy depth for an AHL squad.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Mikkola nice slapper from blueline. 2-4 Antonio leads.

OP6YtTl.gif

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Because last year Nolan put up more points and assists then Kostin while playing 7 less games. Nolan is a good AHL player.
Last season was last. You should re-evaluate what they are now.

Like currenlty Mikkola is #1 dmen at AHL and should be the guy who gets first call-up if injuries at NHL.

Last edited:

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Rampage storm back from 0-2 and win 5-2. Mikkola with goal, assist, 2nd star. Two goals for Nastasiuk, two assists for Kaspick.

Novacain

Feb 24, 2012

Okay, so far through 2 games Kostin has 1 secondary assist and 6 penalty minutes. He still hasn’t proven himself as a top 6 player at the AHL level.

Good game for the Rampage in general scoring 5 straight to close out a 5-2 win. Mikkola was a monster with a goal and an assist and a total force on the defensive side of the puck. A ton of the Rampages game now is modeled after the Blues and I love it: Get the puck deep, work hard, get dirty goals with the defense driving the play a lot. Out of the 5 goals today, 4 were off rebounds, and the 5th was the Mikkola blast of a faceoff.

Reactions: Blueston

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Okay, so far through 2 games Kostin has 1 secondary assist and 6 penalty minutes. He still hasn’t proven himself as a top 6 player at the AHL level.
In my eyes Kostin was easily superior than Nolan at offensive side. Liked his setup game in 2ND powerplay. He could easily slide Nolan spot, but I understand it might be for the balance each powerplay unite to have success.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006

Like currenlty Mikkola is #1 dmen at AHL and should be the guy who gets first call-up if injuries at NHL.
Disagree.

I’m very excited for Mikkola, but he needs to develop.

There are at least three guys ahead of him with NHL experience who should be called up first.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Poulliot, Borgman and Dotchin.

Between those three is almost 800 games of NHL experience.

And then there is Reinke.

May not be what you want or like, but Mikkola needs to develop.

No need to rush him.
Have you even watch those players play? Mikkola has improve his game a lot from last season. He is easily superior than Pouliot, Dotchin or Borgman. Reinke is RDH, but I'm sure Mikkola would get call-up before Reinke.

Borgman has looked good too, but not that effective than Mikkola. Mikkola's current playstyle would fit so perfectly on 3RD pair.

Mikkola - Faulk

I can take a bet with you who get call-up first. I choose Mikkola and you?

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Have you even watch those players play? Mikkola has improve his game a lot from last season. He is easily superior than Pouliot, Dotchin or Borgman. Reinke is RDH, but I'm sure Mikkola would get call-up before Reinke.

Borgman has looked good too, but not that effective than Mikkola. Mikkola's current playstyle would fit so perfectly on 3RD pair.

Mikkola - Faulk

Of course I’ve seen them play and they are perfectly suitable and manageable.

They are the safe options to Mikkola.

Don’t rush the boy! Let him develop.

I am quite confident Mikkola will surpass them on the depth chart at some point, but haven’t we all seen how call-ups go?

Then again, what do I know?

I’m just a hockey fan.

I don’t think it really matters who is superior. What matters is level of experience and the Blues have a luxury of quality depth on D.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vladys Gumption

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO

Mikkola - Faulk

I think it’s either Borgman or Mikkola with the first call-up at this point. Both would do just fine, and could probably be playing full-time in a bottom-pairing role right now.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I think it’s either Borgman or Mikkola with the first call-up at this point. Both would do just fine, and could probably be playing full-time in a bottom-pairing role right now.
That what I think too what I've watched games.

There is just those few members who clearly attack against me what ever I post. I try to live with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad