2019-20 Minor League Thread - Rampage/Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Was thinking that with the Blues so loaded with talent some of the young prospects going through the SA pipeline might stay a while and make SA an AHL contender.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Jerabek signed with a team in Europe, according to Nate's roster.

Its not big news, but I didn't hear about it before.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Jerabek signed with a team in Europe, according to Nate's roster.

Its not big news, but I didn't hear about it before.
That trade still bugs me, and I don't know why. It was a minor trade, that ended up being a complete waste of a 6th round pick. Yes, I know, it is insignificant, but it's like a burr in my saddle. We probably could have claimed him off waivers if we waited a few weeks. Oh well, we won the Stanley Cup, and I wish Jerabek all the best in Europe. His style is much more suited to the European game.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
That trade still bugs me, and I don't know why. It was a minor trade, that ended up being a complete waste of a 6th round pick. Yes, I know, it is insignificant, but it's like a burr in my saddle. We probably could have claimed him off waivers if we waited a few weeks. Oh well, we won the Stanley Cup, and I wish Jerabek all the best in Europe. His style is much more suited to the European game.
Doesn’t Jerebek get a ring for that incredible 7:52 of hockey?

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I didn't realize that Nikita Soshnikov went back to the KHL, but it doesn't surprise me. His style of play and body didn't mesh up and he couldn't seem to stay healthy. Sadly, that was another waste of a pick.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I didn't realize that Nikita Soshnikov went back to the KHL, but it doesn't surprise me. His style of play and body didn't mesh up and he couldn't seem to stay healthy. Sadly, that was another waste of a pick.
I wouldn’t call that a waste. It was worth the gamble, and it was a very small gamble.

The thing is, you can’t praise Armstrong for getting a guy like Sundqvist and then call Soshnikov a waste. It very easily could have worked out the other way around. You win some and lose some no matter what.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I wouldn’t call that a waste. It was worth the gamble, and it was a very small gamble.

The thing is, you can’t praise Armstrong for getting a guy like Sundqvist and then call Soshnikov a waste. It very easily could have worked out the other way around. You win some and lose some no matter what.
I would agree with you but Soshnikov to me came in as damaged goods, so the 4th we gave up was probably more than he was worth. For Sunny, I pretty much had given up on him after last year and thought he may be released at some point this year. My crow by the way was absolutely delicious served on a nice bed of rice.

Reactions: brokeu91

brokeu91

Jul 4, 2017
Rhode Island
I would agree with you but Soshnikov to me came in as damaged goods, so the 4th we gave up was probably more than he was worth. For Sunny, I pretty much had given up on him after last year and thought he may be released at some point this year. My crow by the way was absolutely delicious served on a nice bed of rice.
I think we all ate crow on that one

Reactions: 67Blues

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Thanks for doing this - it's great.

Your thoughts on Musil and Poganski?

Musil is likely a career minor leaguer who may get a callup here or there as a 4th line PKer due to multiple injuries.

Poganski is different. Kid impressed the hell out of me this season. He fits Berube's style perfectly and I think could turn into a diamond in the rough type player.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Don't want to step on anyone's toes, but thought I would start a new thread so I could post my annual offseason roster tracker.

Hoping for a better season in south Texas next season, and I actually think it will be this time.
I’m moving to Corpus Christi, so closer than I have been for catching occasional games. I’m very interested in your reports.

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I think the difference there is Berube’s influence. He’s a great coach for developing young players. He’s good at giving well defined roles and getting guys to buy into the team concept. Maybe under different circumstances Soshnikov could have been a successful reclamation project.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
With word that Wotherspoon and Butler are leaving, would be nice to see us sign another veteran depth D who could play in San Antonio.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Pouliot played 133 games with Canucks last 2 years. I'm not convinced he will be in SA. That is same number of games, incidentally, as Edmundson played for Blues over same span. And counting numbers are almost identical. Not saying he is as good as JE, but is he $3mm worse? To me he has look of a #7D. Still think dealing JE is on the table.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Veeerrryyy tidy bit of business for San Antonio here today. Vechionne especially has some untapped potential. Pouliot a former #8 pick who never met expectations, but can anchor San Antonio’s power play. Lappin is a pretty decent injury call-up, and otherwise a good leader to have in the minors. Walker is also a great story, and will he not only a fan favorite in San Antonio, but will also be a very strong locker room presence. Polei is a guy we checked out in prospect camp and Traverse City many moons ago. Then Piccinich, Nastusiak, and Darcy have strong backgrounds, and could benefit the Rampage in depth roles.

Very, very tidy. I’m a happy camper.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
I'm more excited for Walker than I should be.

Nothing to base it off of, but my gut is telling me he is someone to look out for this season.

Stupendous Yappi

Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Pouliot played 133 games with Canucks last 2 years. I'm not convinced he will be in SA. That is same number of games, incidentally, as Edmundson played for Blues over same span. And counting numbers are almost identical. Not saying he is as good as JE, but is he $3mm worse? To me he has look of a #7D. Still think dealing JE is on the table.
I see him as the new Butler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad