2019-20 Minor League Thread - Rampage/Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
This is might be Fabbri's one of the biggest of season, will define can he crack in team or not.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO

Wilcox was one of Dave Rogalski’s pupils way back in the Minnesota days, I’ve been expecting him to be a target for a few years now. Good to have him aboard, it’ll be interesting to see if he can revive his career with us, but it’s a no-risk move either way. Husso should be starting 2-3 games a week, and Wilcox will get the 2nd night of back-to-backs and injury replacement starts with Fitzy.

Edit: Just remembered David Alexander coached him in Syracuse when he was in the Lightning’s system too. He’s got some familiar faces in the goalie club here

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I like his name. Wilcox

giphy.gif

Reactions: CoMoBlues

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Other Rogalski clients to keep an eye out for in the future:

“One of my clients, Jake Oettinger, is ranked first in NHL essential [sic] scouting. Dayton Rasmussen is in the top 10, Jared Moe was 26th,” Rogalski said. “And then we have Zane McIntyre, who is an American Hockey League all-star. Charlie Lindgren, [Alex] Stalock, Adam Wilcox.”

- Rogie in 2017

Minnesota Starts To Develop Reputation As Goalie Farm

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO

We signed the coach’s kid. Development coach Glen Wesley’s kid is a big RHD, probably headed for Tulsa.

Since we renewed our contract with Tulsa, I’d expect to start seeing more of these two-way SPCs in the next few weeks. Time to start beefing up the depth and filling out the roster. It’ll likely be a lot of NCAA grads that can play pro hockey but aren’t NHL prospects. As it is, the roster in Tulsa is very thin, so there will be a lot of activity soon in that area

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada

We signed the coach’s kid. Development coach Glen Wesley’s kid is a big RHD, probably headed for Tulsa.

Since we renewed our contract with Tulsa, I’d expect to start seeing more of these two-way SPCs in the next few weeks. Time to start beefing up the depth and filling out the roster. It’ll likely be a lot of NCAA grads that can play pro hockey but aren’t NHL prospects. As it is, the roster in Tulsa is very thin, so there will be a lot of activity soon in that area

Big RHD and a coaches kid? I'M IN! :D

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO

D-corps is getting crowded in San Antonio. Rob O’Gara is a fine addition, but without a corresponding move allowing another AHL-bound defender to move up full-time with the big club (Borgman, Mikkola, Pouliot, Reinke, Walman, Dotchin), there’s not a whole lot of room in there for him. I wouldn’t sit any of those guys in favor of O’Gara, per se. He’s fine, but probably not demonstrably better than any of those guys on two-way NHL contracts.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

D-corps is getting crowded in San Antonio. Rob O’Gara is a fine addition, but without a corresponding move allowing another AHL-bound defender to move up full-time with the big club (Borgman, Mikkola, Pouliot, Reinke, Walman, Dotchin), there’s not a whole lot of room in there for him. I wouldn’t sit any of those guys in favor of O’Gara, per se. He’s fine, but probably not demonstrably better than any of those guys on two-way NHL contracts.

Still think pretty good chance 1 of those guys ends up as our 7D.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
O’Gara, a 6-4, 207-pound defenseman who spent last season with the Rangers’ Hartford Wolfpack farm team, finds himself in the unenviable position of being an unrestricted free agent who is coming off back surgery. He had first hurt his back in college, at Yale, but had been able to play without any problems until one day in early February, when his back started bothering him at a morning skate prior to a game against the Islanders’ Bridgeport Sound Tigers farm team. With pain shooting down his leg, O’Gara was shut down and underwent rehab for seven weeks. He returned for two games in late March, but quickly had a recurrence of his symptoms and ultimately had surgery April 12. He is still undergoing rehab, though he said that is going well and he’ll be ready for training camp.

LI's O'Gara a UFA looking for a place to play

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
We have a shortage of centermen in San Antonio. Our only natural centers in the AHL right now are Ryan Olsen, Cam Darcy, Dakota Joshua, and Tanner Kaspick. Nolan Stevens can pivot too, as well as a few other guys, but they’re better wingers. I don’t really trust anyone in that list to carry the team or feed the puck to guys like Kyrou or Kostin. Darcy and Kaspick probably belong in Tulsa. We run the risk of wasting another critical year of development without some better depth down the middle.

It’s late in the summer, so barring a trade that brings in another Center prospect, there’s a few guys still available for signing that could help us build out the depth a bit more.
  • Rourke Chartier
  • Adam Tambellini
  • Max Reinhart
Any of those guys would be an improvement to our depth down the middle, especially on an AHL deal. Not terribly exciting, but they’ve got NHL experience, and have been decently productive at the AHL level. Even if it isn’t those guys, I hope we see that we’ve got a gap there and do something to address it

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
I see them putting Vecchione at C, possibly on the top line. They have Robby Jackson as well who could surprise some. It's not great, but they have a bunch of versatile forwards and it might be ok.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
Jared Thomas is back with the Oilers. He was the “future considerations” for Jared Coreau last season, since you can’t trade a guy on an NHL contract for a guy with an AHL contract. If he gets a call-up to the AHL, idk if it would be to the Gulls or the Rampage, but either way he’s a good player at that level and probably has it in him to play in the AHL full-time.

For those that don’t remember, he was a player we signed last year out of UMD, after he won a national championship with Perunovich. If you watch their championship game against Notre Dame, he was a monster.

Ultimately small potatoes, but hey, it’s August and it’s something

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
We won Cup, but our AHL havent get any tuhat impressive prospects. There was few decent prospects available. Or just vet center who would lift our middle level

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The Rampage might have trouble scoring but at least their defense looks good. Assuming Husso bounces back, they should keep the puck out of their net.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Can anyone post a list of the players who could be with the Rampage this year after all the off-season signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad