2019-20 General Lightning Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Its is apparent that many of you have not seen the Sabers play this year. That team is dangerous. To be honest I would take a split of those two games right now the way the Bolts have been playing. From where I standf I hope Vasy is ready for one win because they will light up Mac.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
The guys are gonna look like total **** during these Global Series games and after I just know it. Too much time off is about as much of a hindrance to our performance as injuries are. At this point I'm ready to start yelling "pitter patter" from the damn rooftops

Buffalo is going to light us up I expect 1 win at best if we are lucky

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Buffalo is going to light us up I expect 1 win at best if we are lucky
I personally think we have what it takes to beat the Sabres both times. Problem is that we barely ever play a game unless it's on the road or we're stuck with so many days off in between that it might as well still be offseason. A stretch with 1 game in 5 days or 2 games in 8 with Toronto and Ottawa being it, another time with 1 game in 6 days or 2 games in 9 days (depending on how you wanna look at it) with Pittsburgh being the 1st game and Nashville being the 2nd. Now here we are screwing around in Stockholm and puck drop still isn't even in 24 hours just so we can have 2 games in 12 days.

I'm not trying to make excuses for the team but our schedule has been absolute shit this year. I feel like I'm a football fan waiting around so damn much for the next game. And now the NHL is gonna slam us with as many games as they can to compensate til the boys are totally exhausted after not scheduling nearly enough games to be focused.

Last edited:
Reactions: CupsOverCash

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
tl;dr we need to get out of the stupid Canada division. Between all the travel and the stupid amount of quirks that have to be thrown in to compensate for it (and the fact it's probably the most boring division in the league) us and the Panthers got screwed man

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
tl;dr we need to get out of the stupid Canada division. Between all the travel and the stupid amount of quirks that have to be thrown in to compensate for it (and the fact it's probably the most boring division in the league) us and the Panthers got screwed man

But how else will we exploit out tax advantage to the fullest? ;p

I think we're fine. It was crazy when Winnipeg was in the division, but not so much now. The big reason why we dominated last year was because we were so crazy good on the road.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
So a week off is only going to effect us negatively? Why not buffalo to? Maybe both teams play great.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
So a week off is only going to effect us negatively? Why not buffalo to? Maybe both teams play great.
Have more faith in Buffalo who actually looks like they want to win and put in a effort, than our team who is saving it for January.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
They should give Heddy the "C" for the weekend. Stammer could ceremoniously hand it over for the Heddy-Homeland Euro trip. Bonding experience, blah blah

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The guys are gonna look like total **** during these Global Series games and after I just know it. Too much time off is about as much of a hindrance to our performance as injuries are. At this point I'm ready to start yelling "pitter patter" from the damn rooftops

Steaming hot take there Sunny! It smells too bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad