2019-20 General Lightning Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Johnson at center and with Stamkos... Lol
Seriously smh at Cooper right now. 9-21-86 was the best line in hockey the entire last season. The second Coop finally put them back together all three players looked so much better. And now we're back to this.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
11 Players currently pacing for more than 40 points. The last three games the team has played better defense helping out the tenders. Schenn needs to go back down. Sure sure he had a goal but a bonehead penalty gave the Rags a PPg and he had several other gaffs that would have been more concerning if the game was not already out of hand. While I detest Shattenkirk he has played really well so far this season. Stammer has 15 points and is -6 for the year that's a kick in the nuts for him. I hate Gourde on the 4th but I be damn that line has been good for a while now. And who has told Palat that he can play the game again, he has been the biggest surprise thus far IMO. Point missing camp is still showing he is not as crisp as he can be another week or so with some home practice should get him back to last years level. Thank goodness for all the home games the next 6 weeks by Jan 1 the team should be back to last years level.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Stamkos can’t drive a line 5v5. Trade for Hall and he can do that and we have 4 good lines.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Look we have a few issues. Other than that our team is better than last years.

Issues

Brayden Point: Will he progress throughout the year or is it a lost season due to surgery? Other than the Toronto game what happened.....

Kucherov: The NHL is catching on and he hasn't adapted. He also needs to wake up and start being more of a factor 5 on 5.

The Kuch, Point, Johnson line: This line is not great 5 on 5 and I feel like we are wasting talent. Is there a fix without messing up our other successful lines???????

Verhaeghe: This kid isn't ready to make the leap like previous players. He may never. For right now he flat out sucks and we're in trouble with him on the team.

For all you Vasi haters. Goaltenders are hot and cold. Combine this was some bad luck/unstoppable pucks.
I am sure we are fine.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

Issues

Brayden Point: Will he progress throughout the year or is it a lost season due to surgery? Other than the Toronto game what happened.....

Kucherov: The NHL is catching on and he hasn't adapted. He also needs to wake up and start being more of a factor 5 on 5.

The Kuch, Point, Johnson line: This line is not great 5 on 5 and I feel like we are wasting talent. Is there a fix without messing up our other successful lines???????

Verhaeghe: This kid isn't ready to make the leap like previous players. He may never. For right now he flat out sucks and we're in trouble with him on the team.

For all you Vasi haters. Goaltenders are hot and cold. Combine this was some bad luck/unstoppable pucks.
I am sure we are fine.
You have hit the hot spots. The most important being Point the surgery and missing camp has hurt him which in turn has effected the entire top 9. Kuch is frustrated right now by this as much as anyone. It is easy for a team to shut any one player down when there is no other threat on the line. Kuch Point and Stammer created an impossible scenario for opposing teams you can not stop all three when they are on the same line. But separate them it becomes more manageable. Verhaeghe has shown moments of brilliance but the kid needs more time to cook in the AHL. if not he could be permanently lost. And VAsi is fine he needs the defense to get back in front of him. The entire team to quit taking so many penalties and quit losing those cute drop passes in the neutral zone allowing for odd man rushes by the bad guys.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Issues

I am sure we are fine.

Hahahhahaah, is there a sane person who thinks our team is better than last year's?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Reactions: Tampacuseforever

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Man this schedule is rough. Barely any Lightning games in the past few weeks... No wonder the team is struggling to develop some consistency.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Even with the games in hand, the Lightning are in rough shape standings wise.
Yeah, we're currently 9th in P% in the East:

RCgsGtt.png

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It's still a long season guys. Were we pretty close with Buffalo and Toronto at this time last year? Neither finished top 2 in the division at the end of the year. The standings are still pretty close regardless of the games in hand. Maybe we wont be able to catch Boston or Washington but with the talent of this team we should be a playoff team when it comes to that time. If not then we will see a shakeup. As we should.

I'll say this at least it keeps beginning or first half of the season interesting. I dont know I'd be comfortable at the top of the standings but last year got pretty boring once January and February rolled around. Again would rather be at the top but some meaningful games being played in the first half of the season will at least make it more interesting.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Coming from the guy who kept preaching how garbage Shattenkirk has been.....

I really believe our team is stronger then last year and better suited to win a Stanley cup. I don't get all the negative around here.

Shattenkirk is garbage defensively, the team is scoring less and letting in more, top-end production is down, goaltending is significantly down but yeah better because you think so. They are on pace to barely make it in 8th seed and somehow that's better suited to win the cup? They've have the talent level to win the cup for years now, playing to that is a different story but if you're talking about best roster to win the cup it's last year by far.

Reactions: Byrddog

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Shattenkirk is garbage defensively, the team is scoring less and letting in more, top-end production is down, goaltending is significantly down but yeah better because you think so. They are on pace to barely make it in 8th seed and somehow that's better suited to win the cup? They've have the talent level to win the cup for years now, playing to that is a different story but if you're talking about best roster to win the cup it's last year by far.
You are correct on the current performance and the only people that are going to think the team is better off are the Shattenkirk fans. His style of play has effected both the O and D. The offense first minded defensemen are a plus for teams that struggle score. This team has a high octane offense and does not need a defenseman doing what Shatt does. This one player has effected the entire system. In the past Coop would swap up lines to help increase production from the forwards. Now I think he is setting his lines to have a defensive capable forward on each line thus hurting the goal scoring. If Shattenkirk has 20 to 25 goals hes still going to cost the team 15 to 20 goals over that from lost forward production. The team is pacing to have 60 less goals than last year. With basically the same forward corp. To me I think Cal Foote is the answer and I fully expect he will be up after Jan. 1. This is still a really good team and we will see them winning more soon since the schedule is turning to our favor. The NHL did no favors to the Bolts with all the away games in the first 17. Im pretty sure they have played the most away games in the league at this point or dang close to it. Its hard be patient after last year but that's where we are right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad