2019-20 General Lightning Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
Hedman-Shattenkirk probably takes some offensive playmaking responsibilities off of Hedman! On defensive side, Hedman may need to be a bit more stay at home but this type of discipline could actually help us get ready for the playoffs! And I like Coburn paired with Sergachev! There is a puck mover on each D pairing with this setup!

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Hedman-Shattenkirk probably takes some offensive playmaking responsibilities off of Hedman! On defensive side, Hedman may need to be a bit more stay at home but this type of discipline could actually help us get ready for the playoffs! And I like Coburn paired with Sergachev! There is a puck mover on each D pairing with this setup!

Love the pairings! Although coaching staff has mentioned they want to be fair to Sergy and play him on his left side. Does this mean Ruta could take Coburns spot?????

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Before preseason I would have been pissed seeing Shattenkirk on the top line with Hedman, but man did he have a good showing. I thought we had another Marc Andre Bergeron situation but he looked more like a Dan Boyle.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Before preseason I would have been pissed seeing Shattenkirk on the top line with Hedman, but man did he have a good showing. I thought we had another Marc Andre Bergeron situation but he looked more like a Dan Boyle.

He looks motivated. In the games I saw him, there was nothing out of place defensively either. If anything, he looks like he moves the puck up ice quickly, which is obviously a plus for our style.

This could be the key signing of the off-season. He's not just playing for a cup--he's playing for his future as an NHL defenseman, and one more big contract. Stars might align in our favor.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
I'm cautiously optimistic regarding Shattenkirk, but want to see more of him before I get too high hopes, though he is playing for a contract so I reckon he will remain motivated.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
He looks motivated. In the games I saw him, there was nothing out of place defensively either. If anything, he looks like he moves the puck up ice quickly, which is obviously a plus for our style.

This could be the key signing of the off-season. He's not just playing for a cup--he's playing for his future as an NHL defenseman, and one more big contract. Stars might align in our favor.
To me in the preseason, his offense stood out and his defense didn’t; not sure if that’s good or bad. Hopefully his defensive play is still respectable

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Shattenkirk looked better than advertised in the pre-season. I don't think this is a babysitting gig for Hedman.

Neither do I. By almost process of elimination as much as keeping continuity between linemates, I almost expected as such that Shattenkirk would be paired with Hedman and always penciled them together. It's almost as intriguing as it is a backward thought process. If Shattenkirk has a fantastic year and proves himself a worthy long-term partner for Hedman and Sergachev, on the other hand, doesn't have a good season at all.... that is one heck of a pickle because we're gonna be losing players next year and a GOOD Shattenkirk is almost too hard to walk away from if there is no viable replacement ready. Not that Shattenkirk would be cheaper but if I had to decide who to pay between them after a good Shattenkirk season that's not an easy choice for me.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yeah I know people will be sour little babies about it, but the banners still have to go up.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Of course division,presidents

They should do it at 5 o'clock. It's about as meaningful as saying "Look Dad, I got my first pube!"

Screw that. Keep them in the locker room, raise the banners.

Then play pissed off.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
OH, to add: I'm not joking.

I want this team to play pissed off for at least 110 games. More if necessary.

We need to pound it, hit the league hard, and prove we are better. Once and for freaking all.

Reactions: Zwui21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad