2019-20 General Lightning Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Why would anyone want Simmons on this team he is a 4th liner. I would prefer Maroon on the 4th than Simmons. He was horrible in Nashville for the run last year. He has dropped off a cliff he has 5 goals this year of which 3 were on the PP. His faceoff% has dropped from the 50% mark to 25%. He no longer plays on the PK. His last 3 years he has been -16,-16,-16. No thanks

see i agree with you im UNSURE he has been OK with his new role and accepted it.... for me he would just play with paquette and maroon and id expect HOPE for a TON of hits I dont need them to score i need them to misuse pitt wash and boston players plain and simple

with todd just bringing up the thought we can afford him we have 4.3 or 5 milly today.... id have to look at trade deadline we have 8.3 million

is NO REASON not to go all in for the cup and playing verhaegh over a vet would be stupid imho..... cirelli is beasting so maybe verhaegh starts to light it up but but but id RATHER get a vet for paquette and maroon put gourde with cirelli stephens then have verhaegh playing unless he starts doing a ppg average till trade deadline.... i really FEEL personally we have to wear down those three teams in order to beat them.... it will not be easy....

i get that the team that played last night if took that much confidence into a series with st louis boston or washington would have a legit shot at beating all them..... but as we know is gonna be some games we have to win 2-1 those are the games you need guys working on their top line leaning on them HEAVILY....

i dont mind gourdes play cause hes misused..... verhaegh is not gonna wear out anyone he has the HEART OF a lion but he runs into a bigger guy and hes on the ice lol flat on butt plain and simple :)

i think we are argue wise one vet forward who grinds away from the cup..... just how i feel if we can OWN puck possession with that fourth line flat out we can win the cup... honestly like killer on fourth more then like gourde on fourth and killer wouldnt hit enough either for what I wish for this season..... i do think we would be a more complete team by switching hot killer and gourde get gourde going

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
see i agree with you im UNSURE he has been OK with his new role and accepted it.... for me he would just play with paquette and maroon and id expect HOPE for a TON of hits I dont need them to score i need them to misuse pitt wash and boston players plain and simple

with todd just bringing up the thought we can afford him we have 4.3 or 5 milly today.... id have to look at trade deadline we have 8.3 million

is NO REASON not to go all in for the cup and playing verhaegh over a vet would be stupid imho..... cirelli is beasting so maybe verhaegh starts to light it up but but but id RATHER get a vet for paquette and maroon put gourde with cirelli stephens then have verhaegh playing unless he starts doing a ppg average till trade deadline.... i really FEEL personally we have to wear down those three teams in order to beat them.... it will not be easy....

i get that the team that played last night if took that much confidence into a series with st louis boston or washington would have a legit shot at beating all them..... but as we know is gonna be some games we have to win 2-1 those are the games you need guys working on their top line leaning on them HEAVILY....

i dont mind gourdes play cause hes misused..... verhaegh is not gonna wear out anyone he has the HEART OF a lion but he runs into a bigger guy and hes on the ice lol flat on butt plain and simple :)

i think we are argue wise one vet forward who grinds away from the cup..... just how i feel if we can OWN puck possession with that fourth line flat out we can win the cup... honestly like killer on fourth more then like gourde on fourth and killer wouldnt hit enough either for what I wish for this season..... i do think we would be a more complete team by switching hot killer and gourde get gourde going
I do not disagree that another veteran needs to be added. Verhaegh could be on the roster but only used limited. Stephens and Joseph will be no help come playoff time. So we could pick up a couple expiring contracts at the deadline for the bottom 6 and yes one needs to be a grit player but not Simmonds.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I definitely think atleast one vet forward is needed, even if just a rental. Carter has some skill. Can he produce in the playoffs on the 4th line or will he be a liability?

I’m torn regarding Stephens. If he can sustain 57% in the circle as a 4C there is value there. Will have to see how the season progresses

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I definitely think atleast one vet forward is needed, even if just a rental. Carter has some skill. Can he produce in the playoffs on the 4th line or will he be a liability?

I’m torn regarding Stephens. If he can sustain 57% in the circle as a 4C there is value there. Will have to see how the season progresses
If Stephens keeps this up we can trade Paquette. God knows there is nothing wrong with him. It just comes down that if the cap barely budges again it's more effective a solution to cut salary at 4C instead trading Killorn "because we have to" by process of our resident Snake Charmer in Gourde having a full NTC.

Again at least when we lost Miller we could sign Point, Maroon and Shattenkirk. We at stand to lose a 20 goal scorer so we can keep a 4C. Naw bro. I'd rather lose the 4C to keep a 20 goal scorer

#SaveKiller

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
If Stephens keeps this up we can trade Paquette. God knows there is nothing wrong with him. It just comes down that if the cap barely budges again it's more effective a solution to cut salary at 4C instead trading Killorn "because we have to" by process of our resident Snake Charmer in Gourde having a full NTC.

Again at least when we lost Miller we could sign Point, Maroon and Shattenkirk. We at stand to lose a 20 goal scorer so we can keep a 4C. Naw bro. I'd rather lose the 4C to keep a 20 goal scorer

#SaveKiller
That’s a concern for the offseason IMO

Murp

Nov 15, 2019

Carter Verhaeghe and Mitchell Stephens are fine
verhaeghe.png
stephens.png

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

#SaveKiller

It's gonna be Killorn. Might be Paquette too, but I don't see him asking for a huge raise.

We're not choosing a 4C over Killorn. We're choosing Cirelli and Sergachev over him.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's gonna be Killorn. Might be Paquette too, but I don't see him asking for a huge raise.

We're not choosing a 4C over Killorn. We're choosing Cirelli and Sergachev over him.

If you keep their costs along with Cernak low enough you can still squeeze Killorn in. We have to know how much the cap will increase by but, Point taking a big cut has really helped us in that regard. I know I'm being unrealistic but $2 million each to Sergachev and Cirelli makes the situation less than impossible.

Yeah and here Sunny goes saying "$2 million" and that might as well be impossible. I'm having a bad morning lol

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i really dont want to wreck my brain looking over contracts for next year haha

what will say is someone will be going toseattle and i absolutely think tyjo will be the guy so why not move him a year early??? i think we need to lose one guy each year at least

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We aren't trading Killorn, we can keep him. If we can get Sergachev in at 4M for two years and then he cashes out big time. Cirelli at around 3M for three years and then cashes out. Cernak I would do 2M for two years and with Foote 925k coming up they would battle to see who we leave exposed in the expansion draft the next year. Trade Coburn, resign Rutta for 1.5M, trade Paquette and resign Stephens 850k, Joseph 800k, Volkov 800k and Verheaghe 900k. Bring up Nolan Foote 925k and run a 21 man roster. If the cap rises 3% that takes the upper limit to 84M, we would be 1.7 at that point, keep Nolan down to start the year and we are off just 1M. The best way to make things work easier would be to also trade Johnson or Gourde to free up plenty of space, we could keep Coburn or Paquette for vet presence depth or sign another Maroon type too. We could even buyout Gourde to free up enough space to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad