2019-20 General Lightning Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
I think you guys are reading too much into some comments from the player's. They are in a process, it will take a bit of time, it's not a smooth ride and yes we got to improve but I believe in the project and I can see no signs the players would feel otherwise.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think you guys are reading too much into some comments from the player's. They are in a process, it will take a bit of time, it's not a smooth ride and yes we got to improve but I believe in the project and I can see no signs the players would feel otherwise.

I just dont want the losing to continue. Im ok with them learning something new as long as theyre winning. They cant afford to fall behind. If theyre learning something for the playoffs and cant even get in? Thats a problem. I wouldnt be surprised to see them revert back to the way they played last year so that they can get some wins under their belt.

Reactions: Maelmoor

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

The lines I've written 2 days ago.
Believe me: I've not called Cooper to suggest him this solution. xD xD xD xD

Those look better to me. Palat is playing well enough to get Stamkos some pucks, and Point and Johnson got Kuch going last year.

Gourde is going to struggle on 4th, but I like having some kind of scorer there. He and Paquette might combine for some good tenacious offense too. You never know.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Those look better to me. Palat is playing well enough to get Stamkos some pucks, and Point and Johnson got Kuch going last year.

Gourde is going to struggle on 4th, but I like having some kind of scorer there. He and Paquette might combine for some good tenacious offense too. You never know.
With the short sample size we got I absolutely loved the chemistry and feel to Paquette and Gourde playing together.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy

Totally agree with you.
To be honest, right now, imho these are the best lines we can have.
I hope to see 5-10 consecutive games with them.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The guys are gonna look like total shit during these Global Series games and after I just know it. Too much time off is about as much of a hindrance to our performance as injuries are. At this point I'm ready to start yelling "pitter patter" from the damn rooftops

Last edited:

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Boston and the Caps look pretty damn good while we are floundering. I know anyone can point to us last year about the "regular season" but we are few weeks away from being in serious trouble.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Boston and the Caps look pretty damn good while we are floundering. I know anyone can point to us last year about the "regular season" but we are few weeks away from being in serious trouble.

Someone tell Boston the regular season doesn't matter, why are they trying to score so much? Should be floating around and saving energy for the playoffs since they were cup finalists. Oh wait that only happens here.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

As we learned last year, regular season really only matters if you got enough points to get into the playoffs. For me all that really matters is that we get in and are playing well when it matters. However as you pointed out, they are mattering more and more as we go because we might not get enough points to get into the playoffs at the rate we are going. Gotta start racking up wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad