2019-20 General Lightning Discussion - Part 3: Uncharted

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Not comparing them. Just saying it would add speed to your lineup while keeping offense. Adding picks as you don’t have your first. Plus you save the 1.9mill.
I misread your post, thought you were saying Palat had above average speed.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Here are the dates for our 3 seeding games -

August 3rd: Washington vs Tampa Bay
August 5th: Tampa Bay vs Boston
August 9th: Philadelphia vs Tampa Bay

EcmcYpTXkAAmCL1

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

Forwards: (16)
Stamkos, Point, Kucherov, Johnson, Palat, Coleman, Goodrow, Paquette, Maroon, Cirelli, Gourde, Killorn, Joseph, Volkov, Verhaeghe, Stephens

Defensemen: (9)
Hedman, Shattenkirk, Sergachev, Coburn, McDonagh, Cernak, Bogosian, Rutta, Schenn

That’s 25 skaters there

Last edited:

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

Forwards: (16)
Stamkos, Point, Kucherov, Johnson, Palat, Coleman, Goodrow, Paquette, Maroon, Cirelli, Gourde, Killorn, Joseph, Volkov, Verhaeghe, Stephens

Defensemen: (9)
Hedman, Shattenkirk, Sergachev, Coburn, McDonagh, Cernak, Bogosian, Rutta, Schenn

That’s 25 skaters there

I'd bring up Raddysh, Katchouk, Foote, ABB, and Shalagin for shits and giggles.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'd bring up Raddysh, Katchouk, Foote, ABB, and Shalagin for shits and giggles.
Shalagin only has a contract with Syracuse (and is signed for next year in Russia).

I'm more inclined to think they'll bring the relatively older players to camp. Conacher (if able), Gemel Smith, Gaunce, Witkowski, etc. Maybe Walcott.

There will be guys making their NHL debuts during this, but the older guys are likely more mature, which means they won't breach the bubble or do anything stupid, and since this is such a strange setup, experience would probably be an asset. We need guys to potentially step up into a role right away, and there isn't time to acclimate a younger player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Major4Boarding

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Any chance that Stamkos has tested positive and the “new lower body injury” is a guise?
Possible, but I'd think it'd be an upper body injury since it's more about the organs. Lungs, heart, etc.

He is also skating, which I don't think would be a good idea if he had COVID. Either to bring it to the rink, or to exercise with the cardiac risks.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I don’t think Foote will see game action unless something bad happens, but a good experience for him nevertheless to train and practice with the Bolts.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Possible, but I'd think it'd be an upper body injury since it's more about the organs. Lungs, heart, etc.

He is also skating, which I don't think would be a good idea if he had COVID. Either to bring it to the rink, or to exercise with the cardiac risks.
Yeah didn’t see the skating being reported right away which is what me me think of the worst.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014

What kind ofd lower body injury would have him skating but out for a whole month...

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
What kind ofd lower body injury would have him skating but out for a whole month...
Possibly something related to the lower body injury he was dealing with before the surgery. Or it might have something to do with the area he received the core muscle surgery. It was never stated if the 2 were related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad