Perlini Kampf Hayden
Caggiula

Keith Jokiharju
Forsling Mitchell
Dahlstrom Murphy
Seabrook

Delia
Cheap backup

Sign Panarin for $10m, trade Gustafsson for a haul at the deadline (I'm talking a 1st plus a good prospect or young forward). Sit Seabrook's ass. Don't expect Crow back. If we get one of Hughes/Kakko, Sikura moves to 1RW, our prized lottery win goes to 3RW, and Kahun goes to the 4th line (and one of Hayden/Perlini sits). Obviously Hughes is a center, but he could either play wing to start or be used in a similar role to McDavid last season and lineup at the dot like he's a wing, but once we gain possession, he acts like a center.

Season after, we hopefully get a compliance buyout for Seabs and we trade one or both of Saad/Anisimov for additional cap space. Boqvist ends up coming up along with Barratt and possibly Kurashev.

Reactions: migi and bwana63

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
My entire point is that you're putting this team right back in cap hell with signing two big FAs. Yes, would we like to see that? Sure, if that puts them over the top as a contender(but I don't think Panarin and Dzingel do that). But it makes managing the cap a living hell again for the next 4-5 years, at least. And it's unnecessary, IMO. No reason to get all pissed off. The proposed roster you listed has the Hawks right up against the cap, and that's not somewhere the Hawks need to be right now. Do you really think Panarin and Dzingel make this team a Cup contender next season? With as bad as they are as a defensive unit(the team defense)?

And just about every player on their ELC has performance bonuses.

Kahun: 2.85m
D Sikura: 925k
Strome: 2.475m
Perlini: 500k
Cat: 130k
Dahlstrom: 100k
Delia: 100k

These all add up if guys hit them...

You're also putting them right up against the cap during the season, which leaves very little wiggle room in case of injuries and/or trades.

I respect plenty of people's opinions on here. Yours included. I just don't agree with this roster, and putting the team up against the cap. Yeah, you demonstrated that the numbers work, mathematically. They do. By giving the Hawks about 1m in flexibility. I don't think that's a smart idea. At all. Not seeing what happened to this team year after year through the Cup run. Also remember... you had multiple players on sweetheart deals through those runs. Keith, Hossa, Toews and Kane, and even Seabs for the vast majority... What happens when you have to re-sign current players to big contracts, but you can't do some of those same deals? You lose them.

As far as Panarin and Dzingel go... I'm basing it off of comparable contracts for players, and rumored amounts that players are looking for. There was something the other day that said that Panarin could get 12.5 from Columbus... no? Yes, we're all making assumptions. I'm making educated assumptions, IMO.

And you defend yourself fine. Your English is fine. :thumbu:

I've never had an issue with you on here at all. And for good reason. You are knowledgeable and level-headed. I just don't agree at all with what you propose this team does when it comes to the cap/free agency next season.

Agree with bolded.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Nicolas Beaudin 5'11 176
Ian Mitchell 5'11 173
Adam Boqvist 6'0 181
Henri Jokiharju 6'0 193

Now I'm not like fiddy, were you need to be 6'3 220lbs+ or you're a 'smurf', but there does raise some concern to me, as having size and strength is important at the NHL level for clearing the crease, board battles, shifting momentum of the game with big hits, etc.

We have been witnessing how effective Dahlstrom-Murphy have been together (two 6'3+ defenders). If this is our future core of defenders, then we need some bigger, stay-at-home guys to complement them. Hopefully these kids can bulk up too, and add some snarl to their game.

Carlson 6’3 218
Orpik 6’3 217
Bowey 6’2 198
Niskanen 6’1 203
Djoos 6'0 169
Orlov 5’11 212

Dumoulin 6’4 207
Hainsey 6’3 205
Maatta 6’2 206
Schultz 6’2 193
Cole 6’1 219
Letang 6’0 201

Seabrook 6’3 220
Hjalmarsson 6’3 197
Runbdlad 6’2 187
Rozsival 6’1 210
Keith 6’1 192
Oduya 6’0 191

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Now I'm not like fiddy, were you need to be 6'3 220lbs+ or you're a 'smurf', but there does raise some concern to me, as having size and strength is important at the NHL level for clearing the crease, board battles, shifting momentum of the game with big hits, etc.

Uh, the Blackhawks don’t care about clearing the crease as the bodies create more inadvertent screens for their positionally sound goalies.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
With Collition here and already seeing 2 trades, I have no idea what will happen next and in the Off-season.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Beaudin - Mitchell
Boqvist - Murphy
Dahlström - Jokiharju

If something like this happens, there is enough skill and grit from our backend.

No need to worry about it imo.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Beaudin - Mitchell
Boqvist - Murphy
Dahlström - Jokiharju

If something like this happens, there is enough skill and grit from our backend.

while you do make an excellent point, i just hate being contrary here. where is Keith and Seab ??

migi

Feb 25, 2015
while you do make an excellent point, i just hate being contrary here. where is Keith and Seab ??

I’m fast-forwarding into future.

Seabs compliance buy-out in January of 2021 when shortened season starts and Keith is going to be around as #5-7D if he falls a cliff rapidly.

The point was that it’s easier to get physical Dmen with grit and good defending abilities.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I’m fast-forwarding into future.

Seabs compliance buy-out in January of 2021 when shortened season starts and Keith is going to be around as #5-7D if he falls a cliff rapidly.

The point was that it’s easier to get physical Dmen with grit and good defending abilities.
excellent counter and i stand corrected on the org meaning.

thanks

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Beaudin - Mitchell
Boqvist - Murphy
Dahlström - Jokiharju

Yeah, this is more like a 2022+ defense lineup. If everyone hits, Forsling is traded prior to the expansion draft, and Seabrook is bought out, I’d do something like this...

Murphy/Boqvist-Jokiharju
Boqvist/Murphy-Dahlstrom
Beaudin-Mitchell
Keith
Krys

And remember, the Hawks won’t stop drafting dmen. Chances are one or two more are traded down the road.

Edit: forgot Gustafsson...right now I keep him over Beaudin, but open for keeping either and trading the spare.

Last edited:

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
If Panarin signs:

Anisimov-Toews-Kane
Panarin-Strome-DeBrincat
Saad-Kampf-Perlini
Caggiula-Barrett-Ejdsell

Keith-Jokiharju
Dahlstrom-Murphy
Gustafsson-Seabrook/Mitchell

Toews reunites with Kane primarily because Toews is the best defensive safety net for Kane. It won’t hurt Kane’s scoring as he’s on a 100 point pace this year despite teams focusing on shutting him down, and without elite linemates. Kane’s scoring stays the same or slightly bumps up (because Toews is more skilled than Strome), while his goal differential shoots way up, significantly helping the team overall. Anisimov can be replaced with any warm body that will stand in front of the goalie and go into the corners.

2nd line looks a lot like what Panarin is dominating with in Columbus. While Strome may be a lesser PLC he has similar size, and is proving he can compliment elite and shifty scorers. DeBrincat is basically a carbon copy of Cam Atkinson. It kind of stinks that DeBrincat moves to his right side here, taking away some one-timer availablity, but he’s also bumping back up to second line minutes while playing with incredibly more skilled linemates.

This third line may be my favorite, and I could see this line totally taking over games at times, and could be a difference-maker come playoff time. This line has speed, size, skill, strength, defensive responsibility, and can be trusted to take draws in the defensive zone. Kampf is proving to be a competent third liner, Saad looks dominant at times, and I still have hope that Perlini can be an effective player once he starts using his speed/size/shot tools more effectively.

4th line is a bit of an energy line with skill. Obviously, all three of those guys are wild cards to even be on the team next season, so this is just a wild guess. If Caggiula has some Shaw in him, then that’s a guy you want around. Same goes for Barrett.

Didn’t do much with the defense. That’s kind of up in the air, but it seems like everyone thinks Forsling is the odd man out at this point.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
For 2019 season...I’m hopeful that we upgrade from Kruger, Kahun, Kampf, Anisimov, Hayden, and even Perlini, be it from trade or the farm. Also, not a fan of Sikura as I don’t see him bringing enough offense to cover for his pathetic defense. I’m willing to keep Kampf for another year if necessary, but I like the potential of Barratt and Kurashev better. Give me one of those guys. I want players who are going to go all out defensively.

I like all of our current defensemen options, as long as Seabrook sees limited minutes. Can foresee a Forsling trade. Expect Mitchell vs Boqvist to be a thing in camp.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
for the 2019 i am hoping that the team can get further below that 50 contract limit ..... so with PVR post i mostly like in the upgrade of some of them. but will it help ?? next yr draft not with standing and signing of other prospects esp some of those on the WJC will the Bhawks have enuf room ??

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Nicolas Beaudin 5'11 176
Ian Mitchell 5'11 173
Adam Boqvist 6'0 181
Henri Jokiharju 6'0 193

We have been witnessing how effective Dahlstrom-Murphy have been together (two 6'3+ defenders). If this is our future core of defenders, then we need some bigger, stay-at-home guys to complement them. Hopefully these kids can bulk up too, and add some snarl to their game.

Carlson 6’3 218
Orpik 6’3 217
Bowey 6’2 198
Niskanen 6’1 203
Djoos 6'0 169
Orlov 5’11 212

Dumoulin 6’4 207
Hainsey 6’3 205
Maatta 6’2 206
Schultz 6’2 193
Cole 6’1 219
Letang 6’0 201

Seabrook 6’3 220
Hjalmarsson 6’3 197
Runbdlad 6’2 187
Rozsival 6’1 210
Keith 6’1 192
Oduya 6’0 191
Listen, heights are often overstated, so I’m guessing at least a few of those numbers are fudged.

But aside from that, height has no indication on how those players actually play. Viktor Svedberg was 6’7 and soft as butter. Same with a guy like Maatta and a few others on that list. Keith plays twice his size (seriously he’s not 6’1).

JVR is 6’3 and the most feeble player in the league. Size doesn’t make nearly the difference fiddy or Bobby try to make it out to be. Remember when Anaheim was gonna hit us to death? Who won that series? It’s the size of the heart that matters.

Reactions: LDF and Mrfenn92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad