Not open for further replies.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Panarin-Toews-Kakko
Debrincat-Strome-Kane
Saad-Ansimov-Kahun
Sikura-Kampf-Barrett
Hayden

man just looking at that...we are not very hard to play against. will have a good amount of skill but

No can do my friend. No can do.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
You know whats hard to play against...skilled guys that constantly put the puck in your net...its like people forgot how this team won multiple cups and made 5 WCFs. The formula for success is much the same. Its the personnel that needs upgrading, but thats coming very soon.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
You know whats hard to play against...skilled guys that constantly put the puck in your net...its like people forgot how this team won multiple cups and made 5 WCFs. The formula for success is much the same. Its the personnel that needs upgrading, but thats coming very soon.
i agree but unless barrett can be shaw right off the bat its a pretty non physical no confrontation bunch all im sayin. im not saying thats a weak team by any stretch. just would like to add some mean.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I mean it's pretty nice that you know Panarin isn't coming under 10 million and Dzingel likely gets more than 4 million. Thanks for updating me.

What are these $5 million performance bonuses? Kahun and Strome? Naaah..

Kämpf, Forsling, Dahlström and Sikura aren't demanding too much money because they haven't anything under their belt to get it. If they do, they will be traded. Or Stan is fired.

And I just proved that it can be done. I'm pretty sure you have also counted on Seabrook CBO before when you are in your fantasy land, Crawford will not get new deal and a player like Saad is going to Seattle in expansion draft. And Toews and Kane taking discounts after their current deals. For example. If you don't do this, fine, I am doing.

I have already posted here some plan which was pretty similar than this and @RememberTheRoar already said "well that may be doable". I haven't changed anything from that. And there is no reason to think too far ahead. Assumptions after assumptions.

But yeah, I'm done talking to you about this subject. I've watched you arguing with other people with your opinions and I just don't want anything to do with it because you don't respect others opinions. "No need to double check my math when I know it's right." <- this sums it pretty much. Just arrogant. Like BWC and yes, I'm comparing you to him. Just a bit. Much more knowledgeable and usually 99% of the content is good. But then there is this. And this might be the first time when you coming at me and I'm already had enough of it. The biggest thing for that is that I can't defend myself here because I can't type good English and can't say what I'd like. It takes too much time.

It's always simple to argue to others when taking the easy road like you. Just go with the more probable scenario. I'm just speculating here without any knowledge apparently. Like nobody here. We don't know. We can only hope.

No need to quote me. Well, you are going anyway. I'm going to read it like always. Because I'm stupid enough.

My entire point is that you're putting this team right back in cap hell with signing two big FAs. Yes, would we like to see that? Sure, if that puts them over the top as a contender(but I don't think Panarin and Dzingel do that). But it makes managing the cap a living hell again for the next 4-5 years, at least. And it's unnecessary, IMO. No reason to get all pissed off. The proposed roster you listed has the Hawks right up against the cap, and that's not somewhere the Hawks need to be right now. Do you really think Panarin and Dzingel make this team a Cup contender next season? With as bad as they are as a defensive unit(the team defense)?

And just about every player on their ELC has performance bonuses.

Kahun: 2.85m
D Sikura: 925k
Strome: 2.475m
Perlini: 500k
Cat: 130k
Dahlstrom: 100k
Delia: 100k

These all add up if guys hit them...

You're also putting them right up against the cap during the season, which leaves very little wiggle room in case of injuries and/or trades.

I respect plenty of people's opinions on here. Yours included. I just don't agree with this roster, and putting the team up against the cap. Yeah, you demonstrated that the numbers work, mathematically. They do. By giving the Hawks about 1m in flexibility. I don't think that's a smart idea. At all. Not seeing what happened to this team year after year through the Cup run. Also remember... you had multiple players on sweetheart deals through those runs. Keith, Hossa, Toews and Kane, and even Seabs for the vast majority... What happens when you have to re-sign current players to big contracts, but you can't do some of those same deals? You lose them.

As far as Panarin and Dzingel go... I'm basing it off of comparable contracts for players, and rumored amounts that players are looking for. There was something the other day that said that Panarin could get 12.5 from Columbus... no? Yes, we're all making assumptions. I'm making educated assumptions, IMO.

And you defend yourself fine. Your English is fine. :thumbu:

I've never had an issue with you on here at all. And for good reason. You are knowledgeable and level-headed. I just don't agree at all with what you propose this team does when it comes to the cap/free agency next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: migi

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Crawford is a wild card but he is on LTIR in my situation. Make a trade for J.T Miller and sign Panarin. I don't think Panarin gets more than 9.5 if he wants to come here and I think Miller will come cheap since Tampa needs to shed salary. The complexion could change depending how the draft goes though. Let the young guys develop in the AHL on D.

2019Lineup.JPG

I think the cap goes up to at least 82M. Here's the final cap hit:

2019Cap.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Beige Van

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Do you really think Panarin and Dzingel make this team a Cup contender next season? With as bad as they are as a defensive unit(the team defense)?

No, but I think in 2020-2021 that team will be very, very good. And this is also banking on that top-3 pick this summer.

And just about every player on their ELC has performance bonuses.

Kahun: 2.85m
D Sikura: 925k
Strome: 2.475m
Perlini: 500k
Cat: 130k
Dahlstrom: 100k
Delia: 100k

These all add up if guys hit them...

You're also putting them right up against the cap during the season, which leaves very little wiggle room in case of injuries and/or trades.

Are you sure that those players will hit those PB's? Because I'm not. Kahun has same bonus scheduled as Panarin did and Strome might be also. Didn't find any specific info about that but I think Kahun has the same what Panarin had.

And we have cap space after season ends, at least today we have. We may have even more after trade deadline, who knows. I'm pretty sure Stan can eat some of those if not all bonuses from this seasons cap space, no?

I respect plenty of people's opinions on here. Yours included. I just don't agree with this roster, and putting the team up against the cap. Yeah, you demonstrated that the numbers work, mathematically. They do. By giving the Hawks about 1m in flexibility. I don't think that's a smart idea. At all. Not seeing what happened to this team year after year through the Cup run. Also remember... you had multiple players on sweetheart deals through those runs. Keith, Hossa, Toews and Kane, and even Seabs for the vast majority... What happens when you have to re-sign current players to big contracts, but you can't do some of those same deals? You lose them.

Yeah I know. I'm just not banking that everybody pans out how we'd like. I think there will be a lockout and we get compliance buy-out for Seabrook. I think Crawford is done after next season or at least he is going to take huge discount to be mentor for Delia. And when Boqvist and some others want their raises, I think they will be close to 5-7 millions per year. Then we dont probably have Toews and Kane with their current contracts (I have them re-signing together with 15 millions, just because they want to win again and play for Chicago). Saad is probably going to be free agent. Murphy could be dealt if all of them pan out. Keith will be off the books.

As far as Panarin and Dzingel go... I'm basing it off of comparable contracts for players, and rumored amounts that players are looking for. There was something the other day that said that Panarin could get 12.5 from Columbus... no? Yes, we're all making assumptions. I'm making educated assumptions, IMO.

And you defend yourself fine. Your English is fine. :thumbu:

I've never had an issue with you on here at all. And for good reason. You are knowledgeable and level-headed. I just don't agree at all with what you propose this team does when it comes to the cap/free agency next season.

I haven't seen that report about Panarin. My honest opinion he is worth for $10 millions, ignoring the % of cap ceiling which some calculates. I think if he comes back, he takes a bit a discount. There is report that Panarin said he wants to hear Blackhawks offer and his agent said Panarin dont look only at the money. Well who knows really, it could be media game and probably is. I think he plays hard ball for Columbus only because he doesnt want to stay there.

Yeah, I don't really expect people to agree with me. And I respect you more than you know like some other posters here. It's kind of hard to say what I mean but I don't really have time to translate every single of my thoughts in English. I have lot more to say but I just can't make them sound good. And when people who clearly are knowledgeable here argue with me, I kind of want to step down and it makes me mad. Just because I'm afraid that it goes off rails because I can't say what I'd like to say.

I'm pretty emotional about Panarin for example. And I am really optimistic person so I kind of hate when people with more reality comes at me haha. While I think you are also pretty optimistic person yourself.

Didn't really mean to say anything stupid to you before. Sorry for that.

You guys should learn Finnish. Let's make this Finnish forum. I would be the @Blue Liner of this forum.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
No, but I think in 2020-2021 that team will be very, very good. And this is also banking on that top-3 pick this summer.

Are you sure that those players will hit those PB's? Because I'm not. Kahun has same bonus scheduled as Panarin did and Strome might be also. Didn't find any specific info about that but I think Kahun has the same what Panarin had.

And we have cap space after season ends, at least today we have. We may have even more after trade deadline, who knows. I'm pretty sure Stan can eat some of those if not all bonuses from this seasons cap space, no?

Yeah I know. I'm just not banking that everybody pans out how we'd like. I think there will be a lockout and we get compliance buy-out for Seabrook. I think Crawford is done after next season or at least he is going to take huge discount to be mentor for Delia. And when Boqvist and some others want their raises, I think they will be close to 5-7 millions per year. Then we dont probably have Toews and Kane with their current contracts (I have them re-signing together with 15 millions, just because they want to win again and play for Chicago). Saad is probably going to be free agent. Murphy could be dealt if all of them pan out. Keith will be off the books.

I haven't seen that report about Panarin. My honest opinion he is worth for $10 millions, ignoring the % of cap ceiling which some calculates. I think if he comes back, he takes a bit a discount. There is report that Panarin said he wants to hear Blackhawks offer and his agent said Panarin dont look only at the money. Well who knows really, it could be media game and probably is. I think he plays hard ball for Columbus only because he doesnt want to stay there.

Yeah, I don't really expect people to agree with me. And I respect you more than you know like some other posters here. It's kind of hard to say what I mean but I don't really have time to translate every single of my thoughts in English. I have lot more to say but I just can't make them sound good. And when people who clearly are knowledgeable here argue with me, I kind of want to step down and it makes me mad. Just because I'm afraid that it goes off rails because I can't say what I'd like to say.

I'm pretty emotional about Panarin for example. And I am really optimistic person so I kind of hate when people with more reality comes at me haha. While I think you are also pretty optimistic person yourself.

You guys should learn Finnish. Let's make this Finnish forum. I would be the @Blue Liner of this forum.

:thumbu:

Like I said. Never meant to offend, or disrespect your opinion. I just don't agree with it. That's all. :)

I'd learn Finnish if I didn't want to learn Polish and/or Spanish first. And I don't have time to learn either of those at the moment, anyways. :laugh:

Reactions: migi

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

Aim higher.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Just throwing this out there: I was thinking about the Edmonton trade, and whether I could work out a deal between both teams that made sense, and could be viewed as a win-win so there is some incentive to make it. How about Draisaitl - Bouchard - 2d round pick for Saad - Cat - Beaudin ASSUMING we sign Panarin? The Hawks after:

Draisaitl - Toews - Perlini
Panarin - Strome - Kane
Sikura - Kampf - Kahun
Hayden - Barratt - Cagiulla

Oilers:

Cat - Mcwhathisname - Chiasson
Saad - RNH - Puljujarvi

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Just throwing this out there: I was thinking about the Edmonton trade, and whether I could work out a deal between both teams that made sense, and could be viewed as a win-win so there is some incentive to make it. How about Draisaitl - Bouchard - 2d round pick for Saad - Cat - Beaudin ASSUMING we sign Panarin? The Hawks after:

Panarin - Strome - Kane
Sikura - Kampf - Kahun

Oilers:

Saad - RNH - Puljujarvi

Oilers decline right away but I would lie if I’d say I’m not intrigued.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Panarin - Strome - Kane
Sikura - Kampf - Kahun

Oilers:

Saad - RNH - Puljujarvi
Beaudin is better than Bouchard. Saad I get but why on Earth would we trade Cat?

A team with Perlini on the top line is a good way to tank yet again.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
To be honest I'm not very impressed with Bouchard after watching the Canadian games at the WJ's. He may develop of course but my sense of him is he lacks the drive.
Draisaitl is awesome. I would consider Saad and Cat for Draisaitl.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
@migi

Your English vocabulary is quite good, and your command is better than some of the native speakers here. You were pretty good a year or so ago, but I’ve noticed a dramatic improvement. It’s easy to notice you are a literary person. Keep it up.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Beaudin is better than Bouchard. Saad I get but why on Earth would we trade Cat?

A team with Perlini on the top line is a good way to tank yet again.

You got to give if you want something.

Draisaitl >> Cat > Saad > Bouchard > Beaudin > 2nd. And I this just because Bouchard has been very good in London while had bad tournament in Vancouver.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
@migi

Your English vocabulary is quite good, and your command is better than some of the native speakers here. You were pretty good a year or so ago, but I’ve noticed a dramatic improvement. It’s easy to notice you are a literary person. Keep it up.

Don't notice it myself obviously but thank you guys.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
So Migi thinks no way the Oilers make the trade because they must be giving up too much, and KM thinks the Hawks are giving up too much. My caveat is the trade with the Oilers is only made if we sign Panarin in FA. Are the Hawks better with Saad and Cat, or Draisaitl and Panarin?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
So Migi thinks no way the Oilers make the trade because they must be giving up too much, and KM thinks the Hawks are giving up too much. My caveat is the trade with the Oilers is only made if we sign Panarin in FA. Are the Hawks better with Saad and Cat, or Draisaitl and Panarin?

Teams value their own draft picks and prospect higher than other teams. I think Oilers give up too much and as of today Bouchard and Beaudin are pretty much swap, but Bouchard has higher potential.

Saad and DeBrincat is good offer but still think Chiarelli won't give up on McDavid - Draisaitl punch. Nothing wrong with that.

Then obviously Chiarelli is managing that team so..

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
You got to give if you want something.

Draisaitl >> Cat > Saad > Bouchard > Beaudin > 2nd. And I this just because Bouchard has been very good in London while had bad tournament in Vancouver.
Beaudin > Bouchard

I'm not willing to part with Cat.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Just looking at the trade Saad is cheaper than Draisaitl and who know what he may do if paired with McDavid or RNH? Cat is a sniper and supposedly the Oilers need help at wing. Draisaitl represents cost predictability to the Hawks since he is signed for a long time. I was trying to make the trade so it is a win-win for both teams.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Kakko will not be ready ...too young and certainly not for you six pressure right off the bat..Besides we probably will not get a top 3 even if we find is in bottom 3..you know the hockey gods wìĺl never give us a break ..we would get shoved does by losing at least 2 of the 3 lotto draws as teams behind us shove us down a spit each when they get lucky.

As to Mitchell jumping in...probably not happen g as reports he wants to play 1 more season (would be his Jr. Season there) preclude him signing this summer ..

Next Krys...think he would play Sr. Season at Boston U. Then try free agent market after Aug. 15th ...probably sees logjam in Chicago Defense openings ...Not sure he too requires 1 yr of AHL pro development anyway.

If they trade Forsling or Gus or both then Beaudin will get a crack at the lineup at LD and so too Lucas Carlsson and Darren Raddysh ..

Problem is ...still stuck with the 2 albatross ...2 and 7 ..at leastthrough 2019/20 then hopefully a compliance buy-out after delay in 20/21 season till new CBA signed then they allow the CB's for a re-set..

Reactions: Rolo

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Just looking at the trade Saad is cheaper than Draisaitl and who know what he may do if paired with McDavid or RNH? Cat is a sniper and supposedly the Oilers need help at wing. Draisaitl represents cost predictability to the Hawks since he is signed for a long time. I was trying to make the trade so it is a win-win for both teams.
I don't see how we win when we lose Cat and get the next Cody Ceci

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
I don't see how we win when we lose Cat and get the next Cody Ceci
Stop looking at it from the perspective of one move. SB looks at combinations of moves he can make. SB makes two moves that replace Saad and Cat with Panarin and Draisaitl. Are the Hawks better? Are the Oilers better with more balanced scoring? If the Oilers aren't better even with more balanced scoring, just how good is Cat?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Stop looking at it from the perspective of one move. SB looks at combinations of moves he can make. SB makes two moves that replace Saad and Cat with Panarin and Draisaitl. Are the Hawks better? Are the Oilers better with more balanced scoring? If the Oilers aren't better even with more balanced scoring, just how good is Cat?
This trade doesn't involve Panarin. Stan can keep Saad, Cat and add Panarin.

All you're doing is trading for a forward who is more expensive than DeBrincat and a worse D prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad