Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
thats a lot of $$$ on the third and 4th lines...

Nelson - Toews - Kane
DeBrincat - Strome - Kahun
Saad - Anisimov - Tanev
Caggiula - Kampf - Barratt

realistic group there, you can move AA at this draft or next trade deadline, we have 20 plus mil to play with plus him...

How much less does your version cost, in your estimation?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
How much less does your version cost, in your estimation?
Ferland is going to cost a pretty penny...so if you move out AA then you have that space to go for Ferland..but IMO he will get around $6 mil per year...I could be off on that but I think that is open market value now.

I am sure my option is 2-3 mil less until you move AA, but I don't want to be up against the cap next year unless we get Panarin, outside of that, we get 1-2 of these guys to fill in the top 9 and let's see what some kids can do IMO.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
At this point, I couldn't care less who is added with Toews and Kane, as long as those two stay on the same line together.

Personally would rather Saad stay in the bottom 6 and on the PK, but bouncing him around doesn't really matter at this stage of the season (if the tank is still a go).

If Stan is serious about his 18-24 month plan, just add a middling defender on the cheap side and wait for the prospects to bloom in the next year or two. There's no need to tie up cap in a big name defender when the Hawks still have Seabrook on the books and Keith is still a very serviceable 2-3 guy.

The defense is going to still be below par next year anyway, regardless of who they add. However, if the Hawks do miss the post season this year, I'd really like to see them make the playoffs next year for the younger guys to gain post season experience.

If they can score a solid D for cheap then go for it, but I don't see that happening come the summer.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
My dream scenarios change every single day because first Hawks give us sign of hope with their play and then all of sudden they just drop off. So now we assume we are going to miss the playoffs so this is the way to go:

1) Tank and hope for Turcotte
2) offer sheet Trouba or trade for his rights assuming we sign him 100%, I don't know how to make it though, maybe Forsling + 2020 1st? I'd do that.
3) go after Anders Lee and Vladimir Tkachyov, the Russian center from Ak Bars Kazan who is rumoured to come to NHL
4) sign Barratt, Krys and Mitchell

Lee - Toews - Kane
DeBrincat - Strome - Sikura/Kubalik
Saad - Tkachyov - Kahun
Barratt - Kampf - Caggiula

Keith - Trouba
Murphy - Jokiharju
Gustafsson - Mitchell

That is hopefully three new Dman for the team who can play pretty much all situations. Obviously Mitchell would be a rookie but Joker as better version and Trouba would make the D much better. Lee is better than Caggiula, Kane will be Kane and hopefully Toews has couple more years. Strome and Cat are very good together and if it's Kubalik, if it's Sikura, who cares. Maybe even Kurashev. That third line is good if Tkachyov can be effective center in NHL. He is skilled, fast and has those 2-way abilities at least in bigger ice. That 4th line is full of pests.

Just spitballin' here.

Reactions: Drumman44

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I cannot believe I read in the latest blog by a guy writing get under a fake name over at you know where (where all those e3 and e4 rumours come from) that the Hawks should trade for a #1 dman to build "around " Keith and Seabrook who will be around here "forever".. and that even traditional g Boqvist to fetch #1 Dman should be considered!

This is crazy...first,the plan should be to dump Keith and Seabrook via compliance buy-out which will come after the next Collective Bargaining Agreement is settled after the inevitable early termination of the current one after the 2019/20 season is played out...

So we will Not be stuck with geezers Keith and Seabrook "forever"...only 1 more season really.

Second. .No team will give up their #1 d-man on Co tract ..No GM would do that .Nor even a #2..

So forget it..Only way we get a new top#1 dman is to get one via free agency if we want to spend big bucks to sign him (eg. If Erik Karlsson goes to Ufa this simmer if DJ decides not to extend hom).

But you think Karlsson would immediately turn our defensive woes around?

With albatross Keith and Seabrook still here?

With forwards who refuse to check anyone I the d-zone or are inept at it?

No way would even the best #1 dman in the NHL whoever that may be,survive the Hawks atrocious team defense issues and fix it by himself. ..not going to happen ..would be a disappointment as his own defense would quickly go South weighed down by the putrid d-zone play around him.

And to top all this Futile attempt at a quick fix "saviour" cazyness by this "1 dman" miracle-worker,we got a give up good stuff like Boqvist to get this fiction of a 1 guy saves the entire team d-issues in a fell swoop nonsense?

Come on. .such bigger stupid ideas like this are proof some opinuon-makers who write blogs on well viewed hockey websites are living in a fantasy world devoid of reality.

No way should we attempt this ..it would be a futile marketing hype move to acquire some "name" "top-end" d'man to save our entire team defensively ..it just is total fantasy to believe such poop.

Face the reLity..Tough out the years toll our young den infusions start turning the tide and we dump off Keith Deans and others who are no longer good enough or those who never were good enough ..It will take Time.. But that tide will turn.

But you do Not true the farm so to speak for the quick fix that is doomed to fail from the start ...The Team is not yet "ready" to be good defensively and 1 magic player is not going to turn it around d ..in fact ...likely he drowns in the current inept defensive support he would get . A guy who looks good with some + 20 or better and part of a top pk unit on D ,is probably going to look bad ...finish with barely even or minus in the +/- and more than likely lose his mind and just quit playing hard because when he sees how lousy the Hawks o the ice with him are in tgecd'zone,he will lose confidence in his own play and just start mailing it in too..go full Country Club ..like the others. .Why give 110% to check anyone when ninevof the guys on the ice with you can be bothered with such a strenuous task...or worse.. are inept at it even if they want to try?

Forget about this crazy notion of a single f'man coming in and saving us..just never going to happen that way.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I am really really hoping things shake out like this for us...

this off season sees the following:

Brandon Tanev - 4 years @$3.5 mil - Winnipeg cannot afford him, he is likely on every teams wish list, we need to overpay to land him, but this is they type of player I am comfortable with over paying as he can go up and down a lineup and his motor never stops. Just watch two or more Jets games and you will come away impressed that this guy just doesn't stop or slow down. He hits, blocks shots and as a team guy...we need this guy period.

Brock Nelson - 4 years @ $5.5 mil - now this is a debatable one in the sense that Dzingel is the better add for this price range, but if he sticks in CBJ then we need someone like Nelson to come in and be able to give us top line LW minutes or 3rd line C minutes when/if we move out AA. Nelson is no scrub, he plays tough down low, big body, good defense, decent at the dot, all the things we could use here as well. he is not the best skater, but he isn't bad for his size either, but he only needs to do enough to get around out there My gut tells me a team is going to give the 27 year a 5 year deal, but maybe we can snag him if we pay a little more for a 4 year deal..I don't know how this market shakes out yet, the more guys that make it to UFA status the better it is to land a guy like him on a bit better term.

Cale Morris - College UFA, sign this kid and bring him in immediately to get big minutes in the AHL, he will be 23 years old soon and could be ready to back up Delia/whoever by the following season.

2019 - Draft:
I am not going to speculate who we draft or where, but here is where a few trades can be made.

Anisimov is sent out - I think the writing is on the wall here and he will get moved, the return will be pick/prospect

We then make a move to acquire Alec Martinez from the Kings. This is THE type of dman we need, he is a LD, on a solid contract that is on shorter term and would help balance out our pairings...he would add that stability we need for guys like Gus/Forsling/Mitchell etc..the cost would likely be a young dman/picks - so potential one of our defenders like Beaudin or Krys could get moved here and I would be okay with it to bring this guy in or an Andy Greene as well.

2019-20 Blackhawks Roster:

Brandon Tanev - Jonathan Toews - Patrick Kane
Alex DeBrincat - Dylan Strome - Dominik Kahun
Brandon Saad - Brock Nelson - Evan Barratt
Drake Caggiula - David Kampf - Dominik Kubalik
Brendan Perlini - Matthew Highmore - Dylan Sikura/John Hayden

Duncan Keith - Henri Jokiharju
Alec Martinez - Erik Gustafsson
Connor Murphy - Carl Dahlstrom/Ian Mitchell
Gustav Forsling - Brent Seabrook/4K

Corey Crawford
Colin Delia
Cale Morris

IMO, this is a very realistic team, I added 2 UFA's under $10 mil, a college UFA and traded out AA freeing up money to bring in Martinez, signed our RFA's as well...this team is a legit playoff contender right there if Crow can remain healthy. The defense alone is far better with pairings and the depth of our offense would only be rivaled by maybe 1-2 teams in the West.

This is NOT including a top 2019 pick either, this is what we could be looking like next year, better days are coming it is very very realistic.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColdSteel2

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I am really really hoping things shake out like this for us...

this off season sees the following:

Brandon Tanev - 4 years @$3.5 mil - Winnipeg cannot afford him, he is likely on every teams wish list, we need to overpay to land him, but this is they type of player I am comfortable with over paying as he can go up and down a lineup and his motor never stops. Just watch two or more Jets games and you will come away impressed that this guy just doesn't stop or slow down. He hits, blocks shots and as a team guy...we need this guy period.

Brock Nelson - 4 years @ $5.5 mil - now this is a debatable one in the sense that Dzingel is the better add for this price range, but if he sticks in CBJ then we need someone like Nelson to come in and be able to give us top line LW minutes or 3rd line C minutes when/if we move out AA. Nelson is no scrub, he plays tough down low, big body, good defense, decent at the dot, all the things we could use here as well. he is not the best skater, but he isn't bad for his size either, but he only needs to do enough to get around out there My gut tells me a team is going to give the 27 year a 5 year deal, but maybe we can snag him if we pay a little more for a 4 year deal..I don't know how this market shakes out yet, the more guys that make it to UFA status the better it is to land a guy like him on a bit better term.

Cale Morris - College UFA, sign this kid and bring him in immediately to get big minutes in the AHL, he will be 23 years old soon and could be ready to back up Delia/whoever by the following season.

2019 - Draft:
I am not going to speculate who we draft or where, but here is where a few trades can be made.

Anisimov is sent out - I think the writing is on the wall here and he will get moved, the return will be pick/prospect

We then make a move to acquire Alec Martinez from the Kings. This is THE type of dman we need, he is a LD, on a solid contract that is on shorter term and would help balance out our pairings...he would add that stability we need for guys like Gus/Forsling/Mitchell etc..the cost would likely be a young dman/picks - so potential one of our defenders like Beaudin or Krys could get moved here and I would be okay with it to bring this guy in or an Andy Greene as well.

2019-20 Blackhawks Roster:

Brandon Tanev - Jonathan Toews - Patrick Kane
Alex DeBrincat - Dylan Strome - Dominik Kahun
Brandon Saad - Brock Nelson - Evan Barratt
Drake Caggiula - David Kampf - Dominik Kubalik
Brendan Perlini - Matthew Highmore - Dylan Sikura/John Hayden

Duncan Keith - Henri Jokiharju
Alec Martinez - Erik Gustafsson
Connor Murphy - Carl Dahlstrom/Ian Mitchell
Gustav Forsling - Brent Seabrook/4K

Corey Crawford
Colin Delia
Cale Morris

IMO, this is a very realistic team, I added 2 UFA's under $10 mil, a college UFA and traded out AA freeing up money to bring in Martinez, signed our RFA's as well...this team is a legit playoff contender right there if Crow can remain healthy. The defense alone is far better with pairings and the depth of our offense would only be rivaled by maybe 1-2 teams in the West.

This is NOT including a top 2019 pick either, this is what we could be looking like next year, better days are coming it is very very realistic.

As of right now, if there are no additions, next year could be:

Perlini-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Strome-Sikura
Saad-Anisimov-Kahun
Caggiula-Kampf-Highmore

Obviously if you land some sensible free agents, then Perlini and Sikura could be the odd men out.

Reactions: AmericanDream

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I asked on the Jets board about the possibility of Trouba being traded/not re-signing this season. Only got a couple replies but it seems like he very likely will be on the move this summer.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I asked on the Jets board about the possibility of Trouba being traded/not re-signing this season. Only got a couple replies but it seems like he very likely will be on the move this summer.
he doesn't seem to want to stay, reports are he wants to go on the East Coast - US team...and the Jets will have a hell of a time affording him since they have a few other players to resign as well.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
he doesn't seem to want to stay, reports are he wants to go on the East Coast - US team...and the Jets will have a hell of a time affording him since they have a few other players to resign as well.

Wonder what team that would be...Rangers maybe?

Gotta think Peg getting their first back and Brady Skjei would be tempting if they feel like they are gonna move him

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
I heard Florida I think...some family or his old lady is from there...something along those line...Red Wings seems like a logical place as well since he is a Michigan boy.

Think Fla saves cap for the CBJ duo. But if they do not land both thats a great fit. They can certainly use a 2nd pair RHD behind Ekblad. Detroit has good young assets, very capable of giving Peg the pieces they would want in such a deal

Reactions: AmericanDream
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad