Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
There’s no really good reason to trade players like Saad, Anisimov, Murphy etc for futures unless its an overpayment. They have more than enough cap to bridge their RFAs and go after Panarin/Stone. Especially with the prospects that should make the jump next year this team should be in mix for playoffs.
I would trade Anisimov ... and I like him. A 3C is expendable at that price. Plus, Anismov could really help a contender. Saad and definitely Murphy I would keep.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I would trade Anisimov ... and I like him. A 3C is expendable at that price. Plus, Anismov could really help a contender. Saad and definitely Murphy I would keep.

I just dont see the urgency to do it this year. If I were in Bowman’s shoes I’d maybe look to move some defense prospects for another forward or two. But mostly stand pat and see how the summer shakes out and type of team they’ll be next season. I think they’ll be a playoff team if healthy and their key prospects make the jump. If it doesn’t pan out then consider moving Saad and Anisimov as they enter their contract year after next season. They can be important depth pieces on a playoff team which is ultimately why I’d wait.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I just dont see the urgency to do it this year. If I were in Bowman’s shoes I’d maybe look to move some defense prospects for another forward or two. But mostly stand pat and see how the summer shakes out and type of team they’ll be next season. I think they’ll be a playoff team if healthy and their key prospects make the jump. If it doesn’t pan out then consider moving Saad and Anisimov as they enter their contract year after next season. They can be important depth pieces on a playoff team which is ultimately why I’d wait.
I'm just worried Anisimov drops in value next year. His contract is okay ... he's a good player. We should get something of value.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Even though he plays a key role, unless you're just going to healthy scratch Seabrook and his $7M caphit, you have to move Gustafsson at the TDL. There are only 4 spots for D besides 2/7.
Stan has to decide who he's keeping out of the following:
Forsling
Dahlstrom
Murphy
Mitchell
Gustafsson
You'd think Boqvist and Jokiharju are staying here. Who do you cash in for forwards? There are only 2 other spots, unless they can stash someone until they find out whether there is a compliance buyout or not.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Bowman to Powers:

“To answer your question, I do think we can turn it around quickly. Our goal is not to be in this position a year from now. We’re not trying to not win games. I think even if we brought the exact same roster back next year, which we’re not going to do, but if we did, we would be better because we would not have to go through the adjustment period. We’re playing now like a team that if we played this way from the beginning we’d be in the mix, right? Still not the team we want. We want to be a team at the top. We certainly need to add a couple players to the group we have here. Whether that’s through trade or draft or free agent, there’s no reason to think we can’t look at our team next October and be, like, really excited about where we’re headed next year as well as the year or two after that.”

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Even though he plays a key role, unless you're just going to healthy scratch Seabrook and his $7M caphit, you have to move Gustafsson at the TDL. There are only 4 spots for D besides 2/7.
Forsling
Dahlstrom
Murphy
Mitchell
Gustafsson
You'd think Boqvist and Jokiharju are staying here. Who do you cash in for forwards? There are only 2 other spots, unless they can stash someone until they find out whether there is a compliance buyout or not.

The Seabrook issue is here to stay until the CBA opt out. Eventually they will need to have the courage to scratch him on a nightly basis because he will not be one of the top 6 defenseman on the roster. Not saying I move any defensemen yet but Forsling has lost out to Dahlstrom and Gus has turned a corner and been arguably their best defenseman this year. I guess if somebody comes with a serious offer of 1st plus they need to consider...really tough decision if he continues his play...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Forsling
Dahlstrom
Murphy
Mitchell
Gustafsson
Imo, I doubt Boqvist and/or Mitchell are on the team next year. I'd much rather trade Forsling, and I am curious how long he is waiver exempt for. Could potentially keep him in the AHL next year, but I doubt he is exempt for that long.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Maybe if 7 eats enough pine for enough bites his pride will say.....I would like to be traded. Then........
giphy.gif

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Bob MacKenzie said, during the goal medal broadcast, that he polled a lot of teams scouts. He said all of them had Hughes as #1. The surprising part for me was that he said the scouts were not unanimous at all on Kaako as #2. He said some had either Dach or Cozens ahead of Kaako.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The Seabrook issue is here to stay until the CBA opt out. Eventually they will need to have the courage to scratch him on a nightly basis because he will not be one of the top 6 defenseman on the roster. Not saying I move any defensemen yet but Forsling has lost out to Dahlstrom and Gus has turned a corner and been arguably their best defenseman this year. I guess if somebody comes with a serious offer of 1st plus they need to consider...really tough decision if he continues his play...
You guys promised me a compliance clause would be included in the next CBA after my Seabrook / Keith trade cap rant. If one does not come, I'll find every one of you with a flame thrower. You have been warned. :)

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I think that depends on a few things, especially since if you draft a D you can expect the return to be serval years out vs a F.

Maybe. Even then, potential C over F and it’s still easily Hughes.

C over F is not drafting BPA though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad