Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
We have been talking so much about the future, I think it would be pretty funny to see what many of us think this team will look like next year....prior to the deadline and free agency..

Sign whatever FA's you like, trade away whoever you like, it is what you think will happen.

I want to see how far off "our" vision is with what management actually does.

I am leaving out our draft pick this year-too many variables there.

For me, I will go with the following:

2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks

Brandon Saad - Jonathan Toews - Phillip Kurashev
Artemi Panarin - Artem Anisimov - Patrick Kane
Andre Burakovsky - Dylan Strome - Alex DeBrincat
John Hayden - Evan Barratt - David Kampf
Brendan Perlini/Matthew Highmore

Duncan Keith - Henri Jokiharju
Erik Gustafsson - Ian Mitchell
Carl Dahlstrom - Connor Murphy
Blake Hillman - Brent Seabrook

Corey Crawford
Collin Delia

TRADES:
WSH/CHI - At the 2018-19 deadline

Marcus Kruger
Dominik Kahun
Gus Forsling

for

Andre Burakovsky
2019 3rd rounder

FA:
Artemi Panarin - 7 years @ $10mil per

I am keeping Anisimov on this team because I believe that the Hawks feel they have a shot at Panarin, and keeping AA here helps that out...you can move AA if you don't get Panarin to start the season, but my gut tells me AA is staying put right now in hopes of luring Panarin here.

I am keeping Crow here as I think he isn't done and will come back but now have to split time with Delia...

I really really like this group with a number of kids starting in the AHL next year like Boqvist, Krys and Galvas...if this is the team we start the year with, I firmly believe they are a playoff team...not a major contender, but a playoff team...and this is without Jack Hughes being included lol!!!!

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
What would you do if Columbus offered Panarin 12M and he decided he would only leave if Chicago matched it? That’s something I think may happen. Maybe not 12M exactly, but you get the idea.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I like your lineup so I'm not going to make my own.

But I'd rather move Perlini over Kahun in that trade.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
What would you do if Columbus offered Panarin 12M and he decided he would only leave if Chicago matched it? That’s something I think may happen. Maybe not 12M exactly, but you get the idea.
that is a tough call but once he hits the open market, there is no matching...either you have the best offer or you don't and doubtful Columbus will even be in the mix at that point...but I get what you are saying

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I think Kahun becomes redundant here, but Washington would like to have him..I am fine with it for a chance to get Burakovsky going which could be a 50 plus point player...
You're not wrong. We do have guys that can come in and replace Kahun. Just saying I like him more than Perlini.

If Kurashev isn't ready, you can sign Dzingel and slot him in that 1RW spot.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
For me also leaving the draft pick out

Brendan Saad/Jonathan Toews/Mark Stone
Ryan Dzingel/Artem Anisimov/ Patrick Kane
Alex Debrincat/Dylan Strome/ Dominik Kahun
David Kampf/ Trevor Lewis/ John Hayden/ Brendan Perlini

Keith/Jokiharju
Dahlstrom/Murphy
Gus/Forsling/Seabrook

Crawford
Delia

For me I'm signing 3 guys. Stone, Dzingel and Lewis. Signing them gives me options for trades involving saad and or Anisimov especially when it comes time if barratt is ready.
Sikura to Rockford to get more seasoning. Barrett signs and plays 20 minutes a night down in the minors.

As far as defense as much as I want to throw Mitchell and Boqvist in there right now. I want them to force me to move the 7 dmen I have on the roster now.
I'm with @AmericanDream with crawford coming back and Delia as a good backup with the ability to maybe take over.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
You're not wrong. We do have guys that can come in and replace Kahun. Just saying I like him more than Perlini.

If Kurashev isn't ready, you can sign Dzingel and slot him in that 1RW spot.
I like Kahun more too, but to get Burakovsky had to send some value that way as I previously had Anisimov going there...but thinking he stays put until Panarin decides what to do

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018

If Panarin is looking to match offers with the Jackets, you say thanks but no thanks. The jackets will and should offer more than we can/should. However it’s not always all about money. Tavares left a good amount of money on the table to go to Toronto.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Given the one-sided nature of the Manning trade, it has me suspicious on whether there are unstated "future considerations" and what they might be. I look at the line combinations and isn't it a misallocation of assets to have Cat playing on the third line? Isn't Cat more valuable to another team playing more minutes on a first or second line? If the Hawks traded Cat to the Oilers, who/what would the Hawks take in exchange? The Hawks seem to have a method where they trade one of their young talents for an even younger talent to avoid having to sign someone like Schmaltz for big money while they are dealing with their anchor contracts. Whether they trade Cat might also be controlled by what success they have in FA. Say they sign Panarin - they move Cat for a similar talent that is younger.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Given the one-sided nature of the Manning trade, it has me suspicious on whether there are unstated "future considerations" and what they might be. I look at the line combinations and isn't it a misallocation of assets to have Cat playing on the third line? Isn't Cat more valuable to another team playing more minutes on a first or second line? If the Hawks traded Cat to the Oilers, who/what would the Hawks take in exchange? The Hawks seem to have a method where they trade one of their young talents for an even younger talent to avoid having to sign someone like Schmaltz for big money while they are dealing with their anchor contracts. Whether they trade Cat might also be controlled by what success they have in FA. Say they sign Panarin - they move Cat for a similar talent that is younger.
Hawks aren't trading Cat

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I just threw the lines together quickly - keeping Cat and Strome together was my goal...Anisimov staying keeps Strome at 3C where Cat would be...

Pittsburgh has Kessel many nights on the third line as well - it works well for them, it should here too...

I would personally like Cat on the first line with Toews and see how it goes from there, but you can mix and match all you like but Cat is a big part of this team moving forward and he isn't going anywher.e..

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
If the defense is the exact same next year as it is this year, then the offseason is a failure. On what planet is the way they’re playing acceptable right now?

I’d also like to see Anisimov moved so we can have some breathing room to go out and sign some guys in free agency. Keeping everything and then adding more expensive contracts? I’d hope Bowman is trying to manage the cap a little better this go round.

Also it really sounds like Stone will sign with the Sens in the end, so I’m not holding my breath.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I just threw the lines together quickly - keeping Cat and Strome together was my goal...Anisimov staying keeps Strome at 3C where Cat would be...

Pittsburgh has Kessel many nights on the third line as well - it works well for them, it should here too...

I would personally like Cat on the first line with Toews and see how it goes from there, but you can mix and match all you like but Cat is a big part of this team moving forward and he isn't going anywher.e..

Kessel got about the same even strength ice time as Crosby and Malkin when Pittsburgh spread those guys across three lines. That’s a big difference between what happened with Kessel, and with what Colliton is currently doing with DeBrincat.

Tonight was a little better, but Colliton needs to figure out a way to get DeBrincat on the ice more if he’s going to keep him on the third line. Otherwise, he needs to bump back up and you need to figure out another way to form a productive third line.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
What I want to happen:

Brandon Saad - Jonathan Toews - Jack Hughes
Artemi Panarin - Dylan Strome - Patrick Kane
Alex DeBrincat - Ryan Dzingel - Dylan Sikura
David Kämpf - Evan Barratt - Dominik Kahun
John Hayden

Gustav Forsling - Connor Murphy
Erik Gustafsson - Henri Jokiharju
Duncan Keith - Ian Mitchell
Carl Dahlström
Brent Seabrook

Corey Crawford
Collin Delia

That is about $80 mil. And would be really fun team to watch.

What I think will happen:

We don't get any big free agents and we lose the draft (dont get impact player for next years team), and the team is going to pretty much similar to this year hoping for the best.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
What I want to happen:

Brandon Saad - Jonathan Toews - Jack Hughes
Artemi Panarin - Dylan Strome - Patrick Kane
Alex DeBrincat - Ryan Dzingel - Dylan Sikura
David Kämpf - Evan Barratt - Dominik Kahun
John Hayden

Gustav Forsling - Connor Murphy
Erik Gustafsson - Henri Jokiharju
Duncan Keith - Ian Mitchell
Carl Dahlström
Brent Seabrook

Corey Crawford
Collin Delia

That is about $80 mil. And would be really fun team to watch.

What I think will happen:

We don't get any big free agents and we lose the draft (dont get impact player for next years team), and the team is going to pretty much similar to this year hoping for the best.

There's no way in hell(no offense) that they can afford both Panarin and Dzingel. Just saying.

Yes, they have about 20m in cap space, maybe about 22m with the cap going up, but there are 6 RFAs that will need new contracts, including 5 that you have on this active roster. - D Sikura, Kampf, Forsling, Dahlstrom, Delia.

If you figure on Sikura getting 1m, Kampf getting 1.5m, Forsling getting 1.5m, Dahlstrom getting 1.5m, and Delia getting 2m, that's 7.5m(and I feel like that's a low estimate). That means they have roughly 12.5m-14.5m available. Panarin = 10m. Dzingel = 5m. And that would only give them 18 rostered players, and one goalie(depending on Crawford). It just doesn't work. They can either acquire two middling FAs, or one big one. Not both.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
There's no way in hell(no offense) that they can afford both Panarin and Dzingel. Just saying.

Yes, they have about 20m in cap space, maybe about 22m with the cap going up, but there are 6 RFAs that will need new contracts, including 5 that you have on this active roster. - D Sikura, Kampf, Forsling, Dahlstrom, Delia.

If you figure on Sikura getting 1m, Kampf getting 1.5m, Forsling getting 1.5m, Dahlstrom getting 1.5m, and Delia getting 2m, that's 7.5m(and I feel like that's a low estimate). That means they have roughly 12.5m-14.5m available. Panarin = 10m. Dzingel = 5m. And that would only give them 18 rostered players, and one goalie(depending on Crawford). It just doesn't work. They can either acquire two middling FAs, or one big one. Not both.

I get that you want to answer fast and make your comments and I respect that, but maybe you should do some double-checking with your math. That is perfectly doable.

Brandon Saad (6) - Jonathan Toews (10,5) - Jack Hughes (0,925)
Artemi Panarin (10) - Dylan Strome (0,925) - Patrick Kane (10,5)
Alex DeBrincat (0,894) - Ryan Dzingel (4) - Dylan Sikura (1)
David Kämpf (1,5) - Evan Barratt (0,925) - Dominik Kahun (0,925)
John Hayden (0,750)

Gustav Forsling (1,5) - Connor Murphy (3,85)
Erik Gustafsson (1,25) - Henri Jokiharju (0,925)
Duncan Keith (5,54) - Ian Mitchell (0,925)
Carl Dahlström (1,5)
Brent Seabrook (6,875)

Corey Crawford (6,0)
Collin Delia (2,0)

With my first lineup without numbers I had Panarin $9,5 and some other numbers wrong because didn't remember them. But this is 81 million. If anyone of Kämpf, Forsling, Dahlström or Sikura is demaning too much, they get traded. Dzingel for $5 millions is what I don't take or sign. He doesn't deserve that.

But oh well, I understand your opinions and while you say these "no offense" stuff, you just make them sound pretty offending. :) You make a lot of assumptions thinking you are right and it kind of feels like I can't while they are pretty much spot on and justifiable. But what ever.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I get that you want to answer fast and make your comments and I respect that, but maybe you should do some double-checking with your math. That is perfectly doable.

Brandon Saad (6) - Jonathan Toews (10,5) - Jack Hughes (0,925)
Artemi Panarin (10) - Dylan Strome (0,925) - Patrick Kane (10,5)
Alex DeBrincat (0,894) - Ryan Dzingel (4) - Dylan Sikura (1)
David Kämpf (1,5) - Evan Barratt (0,925) - Dominik Kahun (0,925)
John Hayden (0,750)

Gustav Forsling (1,5) - Connor Murphy (3,85)
Erik Gustafsson (1,25) - Henri Jokiharju (0,925)
Duncan Keith (5,54) - Ian Mitchell (0,925)
Carl Dahlström (1,5)
Brent Seabrook (6,875)

Corey Crawford (6,0)
Collin Delia (2,0)

With my first lineup without numbers I had Panarin $9,5 and some other numbers wrong because didn't remember them. But this is 81 million. If anyone of Kämpf, Forsling, Dahlström or Sikura is demaning too much, they get traded. Dzingel for $5 millions is what I don't take or sign. He doesn't deserve that.

But oh well, I understand your opinions and while you say these "no offense" stuff, you just make them sound pretty offending. :) You make a lot of assumptions thinking you are right and it kind of feels like I can't while they are pretty much spot on and justifiable. But what ever.

But Panarin isn't coming in under 10m. It's actually more likely he gets more than 10m. And Dzingel likely gets more than 4m from a team. And you're not figuring in bonuses, either. Which I believe the Hawks have something like 5m in potential performance bonuses next season.

The acquisition of Dzingel and Panarin, both, puts this team in absolute cap hell again moving forward.(and the math just won't work, honestly). You want them right up against the cap next season? With no flexibility to do anything? What about the next year when Strome, DeBrincat, Caggiula, Kahun, all need new contracts, and they have very little space to work with? And Gustafsson is a UFA that same season? I'm not putting out an opinion. I'm not thinking I'm right. I know I'm right in this instance. I'm not making assumptions. I'm speaking in facts.

No need to double check my math when I know it's right.

Also... what do you mean if Kampf, Forsling, Dahlstrom, or Sikura wants too much "they get traded."

You have to find a trade partner that wants them, first. And you're going to replace them in the lineup with what? Other guys that will make 1m or 1.5m? And that makes this team better, how?

This team can either acquire a couple middling guys, or one big FA. Not both. You can't add 15m in salary to this team when there's only 21m to work with, and you have barely half of a roster under contract... That's just asking for trouble. Why get right back into cap hell if you don't have to? Especially right after digging yourself out of it?

As far as getting offended... not sure why you would get offended by me saying "There's no way in hell this works." It's simply the truth.

Chicago Blackhawks - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Last edited:

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I want to see some FA signings who, regardless of their caliber/talent, are beasts on the boards and can tilt the ice a bit with possession/completeness. I want Saad to go to hockey boot camp where he can learn to be a power forward every game rather than <50% of the season and I want Strome to come back looking like He-Man. If Barratt can be Dave Bolland 2.0 we might be in good shape.

Reactions: southernbeardown54

migi

Feb 25, 2015
But Panarin isn't coming in under 10m. It's actually more likely he gets more than 10m. And Dzingel likely gets more than 4m from a team. And you're not figuring in bonuses, either. Which I believe the Hawks have something like 5m in potential performance bonuses next season.

The acquisition of Dzingel and Panarin, both, puts this team in absolute cap hell again moving forward.(and the math just won't work, honestly). You want them right up against the cap next season? With no flexibility to do anything? What about the next year when Strome, DeBrincat, Caggiula, Kahun, all need new contracts, and they have very little space to work with? And Gustafsson is a UFA that same season? I'm not putting out an opinion. I'm not thinking I'm right. I know I'm right in this instance. I'm not making assumptions. I'm speaking in facts.

No need to double check my math when I know it's right.

Also... what do you mean if Kampf, Forsling, Dahlstrom, or Sikura wants too much "they get traded."

You have to find a trade partner that wants them, first. And you're going to replace them in the lineup with what? Other guys that will make 1m or 1.5m? And that makes this team better, how?

This team can either acquire a couple middling guys, or one big FA. Not both. You can't add 15m in salary to this team when there's only 21m to work with, and you have barely half of a roster under contract... That's just asking for trouble. Why get right back into cap hell if you don't have to? Especially right after digging yourself out of it?

As far as getting offended... not sure why you would get offended by me saying "There's no way in hell this works." It's simply the truth.

Chicago Blackhawks - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

I mean it's pretty nice that you know Panarin isn't coming under 10 million and Dzingel likely gets more than 4 million. Thanks for updating me.

What are these $5 million performance bonuses? Kahun and Strome? Naaah..

Kämpf, Forsling, Dahlström and Sikura aren't demanding too much money because they haven't anything under their belt to get it. If they do, they will be traded. Or Stan is fired.

And I just proved that it can be done. I'm pretty sure you have also counted on Seabrook CBO before when you are in your fantasy land, Crawford will not get new deal and a player like Saad is going to Seattle in expansion draft. And Toews and Kane taking discounts after their current deals. For example. If you don't do this, fine, I am doing.

I have already posted here some plan which was pretty similar than this and @RememberTheRoar already said "well that may be doable". I haven't changed anything from that. And there is no reason to think too far ahead. Assumptions after assumptions.

But yeah, I'm done talking to you about this subject. I've watched you arguing with other people with your opinions and I just don't want anything to do with it because you don't respect others opinions. "No need to double check my math when I know it's right." <- this sums it pretty much. Just arrogant. Like BWC and yes, I'm comparing you to him. Just a bit. Much more knowledgeable and usually 99% of the content is good. But then there is this. And this might be the first time when you coming at me and I'm already had enough of it. The biggest thing for that is that I can't defend myself here because I can't type good English and can't say what I'd like. It takes too much time.

It's always simple to argue to others when taking the easy road like you. Just go with the more probable scenario. I'm just speculating here without any knowledge apparently. Like nobody here. We don't know. We can only hope.

No need to quote me. Well, you are going anyway. I'm going to read it like always. Because I'm stupid enough.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Panarin-Toews-Kakko
Debrincat-Strome-Kane
Saad-Ansimov-Kahun
Sikura-Kampf-Barrett
Hayden

man just looking at that...we are not very hard to play against. will have a good amount of skill but

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->