Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part 4 - To Eberle or Not to Eberle - that is the question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Wasn't Vermette scratched for like a 21 year old Nordstrom at the time? Vermette was like 60% at the dot and could PK, so even if he wasn't scoring he was still valuable elsewhere. Nordstrom at that time brought pretty much nothing positive to the table. It was a terrible scratching no matter how you look at it.
He scratched Vermette and Teuvo for a broken Kris Versteeg and Nordstrom.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I’ve been firmly on board the ‘do not sign Dzingel’ train for awhile, and he’s done nothing to change my mind in the playoffs or even since the TDL, really.

EDIT: I mean, if you can get him for 4mil or less, then great, do it. But highly unlikely he settles for his actual worth im UFA. Few do.

Last edited:

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
I’ve been firmly on board the ‘do not sign Dzingel’ train for awhile, and he’s done nothing to change my mind in the playoffs or even since the TDL, really.

EDIT: I mean, if you can get him for 4mil or less, then great, do it. But highly unlikely he settles for his actual worth im UFA. Few do.

I'm with you - Dzingel has been pretty disappointing since the TDL and even worse in the playoffs. He's been a better player in his career so maybe he's hurt? Regardless - I wouldn't invest too much to sign him.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
WAR stats are shit.

Forsling is, at minimal, better than Dahlstrom and Koekoek. Yet he's somehow the worst of those three according to WAR? Seabrook isn't any better at this point (better offensively sure, but damn does he get skated around a lot in games).

Reactions: BK

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
WAR stats are ****.

Forsling is, at minimal, better than Dahlstrom and Koekoek. Yet he's somehow the worst of those three according to WAR? Seabrook isn't any better at this point (better offensively sure, but damn does he get skated around a lot in games).
Even in baseball judgments on war stats without context is poor. Lineup orders can make a guy fit better playing next to the stud teams avoid, etc.

But you look at the contexts of their seasons who is going to look better and what actyal elements are you judging? What is gonna show up negative of a guy in defensive role who while is still bad there, had net positives IN Dahlstrom. But there's context like that.

But a lot of the hawks bad d results were bad and dragged at the lowest all year and a result of everyone being bad. But guys who joined later like Dahlstrom/Koekkoek wont show up as bad because they joined later in the year and the team played better.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Forsling is, at minimal, better than Dahlstrom and Koekoek
If your comparison for Forsling is Dahlstrom or Koekkoek, you're setting the bar real low.

All 3 of them should be at most a 7thD. Anything more and it's evident you've got a weak group.

I don't want to see any of those guys in a top 6 role next year.

Keith-Jokiharju
Byram-Murphy
?-Seabrook

Stan needs to find someone in the offseason who can carry KFCeabs.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
If your comparison for Forsling is Dahlstrom or Koekkoek, you're setting the bar real low.

All 3 of them should be at most a 7thD. Anything more and it's evident you've got a weak group.

Keith-Jokiharju
Byram-Murphy
?-Seabrook

I think Matt Gryzelcyk could

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

Keith-Jokiharju
Byram-Murphy
?-Seabrook

I'm saying the stat is inherently flawed because two players, on the same team as Forsling, were much worse players.

Forsling looked good, to my eyes and to the eyes of most others here, his last month or so of the season. He's 22, will re-sign for cheap, and will likely help bolster our defensive group next year.

Moronic stats be damned.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'm saying the stat is inherently flawed because two players, on the same team as Forsling, were much worse players.

Forsling looked good, to my eyes and to the eyes of most others here, his last month or so of the season. He's 22 and will re-sign for cheap and will likely help bolster our defensive group next year.

Moronic stats be damned.

This.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I have a lot of problems with WAR as a stat, but listing Forsling as a bad defensemen wouldn't be one of the issues I’d use to bury it. He has been bad. Real bad.

For those who still like him, you’re in luck. Every indication is that the Blackhawks agree with you. Or at the very least, arent ready to give up on him yet.

Personally, I think he peaks at a #4. If everything goes right. More likely he’s replaceable. Which is fine. Lord knows we didnt lose much to get him.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I have a lot of problems with WAR as a stat, but listing Forsling as a bad defensemen wouldn't be one of the issues I’d use to bury it. He has been bad. Real bad.

For those who still like him, you’re in luck. Every indication is that the Blackhawks agree with you. Or at the very least, arent ready to give up on him yet.

Personally, I think he peaks at a #4. If everything goes right. More likely he’s replaceable. Which is fine. Lord knows we didnt lose much to get him.

It is almost like you didn’t watch the last month of the season...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Agree with that Esq

Dahlstrom performance declined sharply as year progressed and honestly I don't see what is so appealing about his game to some people on this board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad