Speculation: 2019-20 Expected Blackhawks Roster Part 4 - To Eberle or Not to Eberle - that is the question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
You're just now figuring this out? ;)

Just ****ing with you. Laz doesn't have a clue.

ya I knew that previously, to be frank I value the opinion of a great many HF posters from a hawks perspective more than I do any hawks reporters out there.

In any case we need a C and if we get the correct one we can spread out the offense to have three scoring lines....IMO that would be best case scenario

_______-Toews-Sikura
_______-_______-Kane
Cat-Strome-_______
Kahun-Kampf-Highmore/whoever wins a job or Perlini/Hayden

______ = Perlini/Hayden/Kubalik/Saad/Cagguila/FA Center or Winger......

and lets not forget we need a D that is so good they can carry KFCeabs so as I see it Stan needs find a top 9 Center or wing if Cagguila plays C and really good D via freeagency/trade

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
ya I knew that previously, to be frank I value the opinion of a great many HF posters from a hawks perspective more than I do any hawks reporters out there.

In any case we need a C and if we get the correct one we can spread out the offense to have three scoring lines....IMO that would be best case scenario

_______-Toews-Sikura
_______-_______-Kane
Cat-Strome-_______
Kahun-Kampf-Highmore/whoever wins a job or Perlini/Hayden

______ = Perlini/Hayden/Kubalik/Saad/Cagguila/FA Center or Winger......

and lets not forget we need a D that is so good they can carry KFCeabs so as I see it Stan needs find a top 9 Center or wing if Cagguila plays C and really good D via freeagency/trade

I’d like three scoring lines too, but I think we need a better winger for Toews in order to make that happen. I certainly don’t think Sikura is going to be the type of sidekick Toews needs to score at a first line level while facing top competition.

I’ll admit I don’t have much faith in Sikura because I feel like he’s too weak for his age, and his only redeeming quality seems to be that he’s a Corsi beast so far.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
With this lineup:
Saad Toews Kane
Debrincat Strome Sikura
Caggiula Anisimov Kahun
Perlini Kampf Hayden

Keith Murphy
Gustafsson Seabrook
Forsling Dahlstrom
Koekkoek

Crawford
Goalie
*red indicates RFA/UFA

We have about 18.5mil in cap space without the cap going up.
Will be very interesting to see how it plays out this summer.
The next year, we will have another 12mil coming off the books with our big RFAs and Crawford needing new deals.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I’d like three scoring lines too, but I think we need a better winger for Toews in order to make that happen. I certainly don’t think Sikura is going to be the type of sidekick Toews needs to score at a first line level while facing top competition.

I’ll admit I don’t have much faith in Sikura because I feel like he’s too weak for his age, and his only redeeming quality seems to be that he’s a Corsi beast so far.

Seems colliton really likes sikura on jt’s wing and frankly so do I.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
I don't think Laz has a clue to be honest, Stralman is on the wrong side of a big hill. Dzingel is not at all what this team needs and there is no way Kahun plays on the first line and the likes of cagguila/kubalik/sikura are in a 4th line role and god help this team if AA is "an anchor" centering a line. He is too slow now.We need another C that is quick.

See the article below, a couple years ago the oilers had Cagguila playing C. If we can move AA and don't manage to land Brock Nelson I would like to see Cagguila tried C, IMO Captain could ease Drakes' transiition to the middle of the ice.

Edmonton Oilers: Drake Caggiula Flourishing as Third-Line Centre
The best part of that post with Laz in it is that he poo poos the idea of signing Karlsson because he's "too old" but then champions the idea of signing a 33 year old Stralman who was hurt a lot of the year.

He's not just an idiot, but he's also inconsistent with his thinking.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Very worried the Hawks are going to spend money just to spend money. I'm more interested in locking up Strome and Debrincat that over paying some bum to play above his level. I know it won't happen but wish Bowman would try to poach a RFA than pick of the trash heap that is this years UFA class.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Best thing Bowman could do is have a handshake agreement with Strome and Debrincat on their next contracts before July 1st. That way you know how much you can spend on UFAs starting July 1st.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Very worried the Hawks are going to spend money just to spend money. I'm more interested in locking up Strome and Debrincat that over paying some bum to play above his level. I know it won't happen but wish Bowman would try to poach a RFA than pick of the trash heap that is this years UFA class.

Stan has given almost every indication he has not intention of spending to the point where it puts DeBrincat and Strome extensions in jeopardy.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I agree with Clydesdale, I think Sikura was meerly keeping Caggiula’s seat warm.

Perhaps that was the case, who knows, if Cagguila plays on JT's wing thats fine but then we need a C, not named Anisimov he is far too slow for collitons style of game.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Stan has given almost every indication he has not intention of spending to the point where it puts DeBrincat and Strome extensions in jeopardy.

we can only hope that is the case. We need a swift, quick C that can either play with Kane or be our 3rd line C. As I see it if we can get a C that is effective with Kane we have three scoring lines, if we don't Kane needs to be attached to JT's Rwing and that will see the third line suffer immensely.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Cagguila - JT- Sikura
Kubalik- _____- Kane
Cat-Strome- Perlini
Kahun-Kampf-Hayden/Highmore etc

Cagguila-JT-Kane
Cat-Strome-Perlini
Kubalik- _____-Saad
Kahun - Kampf - Hayden/Highmore etc

I like the first set better.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
If they don’t want to spend in free agency they should take on Callahan from tampa and try to pry some assets away

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
Just read the Athletic free agency speculation article, and it feels like Laz and Powers are out of stuff to write about so they're just throwing shit at the wall. I mean, some of their ideas make no sense at all.

Signing an aging Alex Edler to fix the PK? Karlsson for mega bucks? Jake Gardiner? WTF...

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Just read the Athletic free agency speculation article, and it feels like Laz and Powers are out of stuff to write about so they're just throwing **** at the wall. I mean, some of their ideas make no sense at all.

Signing an aging Alex Edler to fix the PK? Karlsson for mega bucks? Jake Gardiner? WTF...

I have not read this yet but maybe you saved me the trouble of even bothering.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Just read the Athletic free agency speculation article, and it feels like Laz and Powers are out of stuff to write about so they're just throwing **** at the wall. I mean, some of their ideas make no sense at all.

Laz is always just throwing shit at the wall, though I do agree, there's a lull right now due to the Hawks not being in the playoffs, and the draft being quite a ways off, so they have very little to write about, other than speculation about FA and the draft.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

Alex Edler to a 6.2mil contract (or even more for less term)....like, really?
Signing Dzingel to 5-6mil after he has just been healthy scratched in CLB?

I understand Karlsson, they said 3-4 year term if possible, but I doubt that's possible.

borednow

Jan 3, 2019
Laz is always just throwing **** at the wall, though I do agree, there's a lull right now due to the Hawks not being in the playoffs, and the draft being quite a ways off, so they have very little to write about, other than speculation about FA and the draft.
I get that, but would it kill them to at least put out some informed speculation? I mean, the Dzingel suggestion is the only one that has a realistic chance of making the Hawks better if you take a minute and think about the Hawks roster/prospects/cap space.

Shoddy journalism like this is why I wish we had someone like Mike Russo who writes for Minnesota covering the Hawks.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I get that, but would it kill them to at least put out some informed speculation? I mean, the Dzingel suggestion is the only one that has a realistic chance of making the Hawks better if you take a minute and think about the Hawks roster/prospects/cap space.

Shoddy journalism like this is why I wish we had someone like Mike Russo who writes for Minnesota covering the Hawks.

Powers is very good, 99.9% of the time.

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
I hope the Hawks don't touch Dzingel or Panarin, they don't need either. If they want to try and fleece the Leafs (because of their CAP issues) for Kap or Kadri then sure.

Reactions: bwana63

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I hope the Hawks don't touch Dzingel or Panarin, they don't need either. If they want to try and fleece the Leafs (because of their CAP issues) for Kap or Kadri then sure.

As much as I don’t like kadri cause he is stupid in some aspects I would not be opposed to either (if JC or Captain can talk some sense into kadri) he or kap if somehow stan could make that happen

migi

Feb 25, 2015
It’s sad that because Lazerus is one confident (read: arrogant) author with pretty shitty takes and very vocal, Powers doesn’t have the guts to be against him. In their podcast Powers has clearly different opinions but still kind of agrees with Laz’s takes and in their stories it seems like Powers doesn’t want to argue with Lazerus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad