2019-20 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
What do you guys think of Alex Beaucage as a Colorado Eagles prospect?

I know his biggest weakness is skating, but it doesn't matter in the AHL if you have a shot like he does. Even if he never makes it to the NHL or gets into the NHL but goes into the Bednar dog house, I think he would be a huge get for the Eagles. I know I would enjoy following an avs draft pick turn into a AHL star for the team. And accept that role.

This interview seems like he could be that kind of player for the organization. Would be awesome to see him make an impact with the big club but if not Loveland would love him.

https://www.nhl.com/news/prospect-qa-alex-beaucage/c-308280012 Sent with @NHL

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Anyone who is not a first round pick faces a real uphill battle when they are expected to go through the AHL system. Those familiar with the Eagles know it’s a very heavy veteran lineup and I expect you’ll see as much of him as Nick Henry.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

“I just want to be honest, I don’t give a **** about my points,” Kaut said of having one point in four games. “I just want to be ready for the NHL. I am working on the little stuff. Joe told me that I have to play in the Czech league like I would be playing in the NHL. That is how I am playing here. I want to score, that’s for sure. But I also want to get better at these little things like the forecheck, finishing my checks and blocking more shots.

“The Avs have two really ****ing good first lines. You realize that and that is where I know I need to play like (Matt) Calvert and (Matt) Nieto and these guys.”

“As a third-or fourth-line player, you need to be stronger with finishing your checks and being really good on the forecheck,” Kaut said. “You’re trying to work on that stuff while also learning how to be better at blocking shots. That is what I was doing on the ice with my skills coach in Pardubice and now I cannot skate.”

He's in a tough spot not being able to play over in Europe and it's made even worse by the fact they they didn't bring him over for the restart training camp.

I do agree with most of what he's saying about what he needs do. Whether he makes the team or is one of the first call ups, he's going to be in the bottom six and he can't play a perimeter game. He'll need to do the dirty work to stay in Bednar's lineup but he has the skills/talent to produce points as well.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
“The Avs have two really ****ing good first lines. You realize that and that is where I know I need to play like (Matt) Calvert and (Matt) Nieto and these guys.”

“As a third-or fourth-line player, you need to be stronger with finishing your checks and being really good on the forecheck,” Kaut said. “You’re trying to work on that stuff while also learning how to be better at blocking shots. That is what I was doing on the ice with my skills coach in Pardubice and now I cannot skate.”

Can we get Kaut to give Compher a call? The AHLer who's 4 years younger than him, has some wisdom he can impart.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
So it looks like Sakic gave him his marching order when he finally allowed him to go: you play the right way or you don't go.

Reactions: Richard88

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Maybe, just maybe, Kaut makes someone expendable in camp this year.
I think he’s capable. Issue is that nobody can take on one of the expendable players. With each passing hour there’s less money to go around and also teams are closer to solidifying their opening roster. A player like JTC for example would be tough to move right now. He’ll be damn near impossible to move once the season starts.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I think he’s capable. Issue is that nobody can take on one of the expendable players. With each passing hour there’s less money to go around and also teams are closer to solidifying their opening roster. A player like JTC for example would be tough to move right now. He’ll be damn near impossible to move once the season starts.
In theory that's true, but in reality there are always teams that suffer injuries and put guys on IR for a huge chunk of the season. If a team lost a 2nd line forward for example they'd probably have the capspace to acquire a replacement. Someone versatile like Compher could be an ideal solution in such a scenario, particularly if the player who is on IR is a pending UFA with no commitment beyond 2020/21.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Great to hear, thank you for the feedback. Is he a notable force in the ice?
I think so yes, doing the things you expect like forechecking hard, puck retrieval and shot volume. He looks a bit speedier too often getting out on the left side and can beat the D wide. There’s an article in Czech saying he leads the team in a bunch of metrics. while they were playing the team was a poor low scoring one. Maybe because everyone was ill idk but really any offensive chances were individual efforts from Kaut.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
In theory that's true, but in reality there are always teams that suffer injuries and put guys on IR for a huge chunk of the season. If a team lost a 2nd line forward for example they'd probably have the capspace to acquire a replacement. Someone versatile like Compher could be an ideal solution in such a scenario, particularly if the player who is on IR is a pending UFA with no commitment beyond 2020/21.

I agree, we'll have zero issues moving Compher if we wanted to move him. Donskoi may be a bit harder.

Reactions: 5280
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad