2019-20 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Start here.

Timmins has been reasssigned. And that move feels like it's more in the Eagles' best interests than the Avs or Timmins himself. Regardless, probably the right move.
Maybe they reassign him just so he would get playing time while the Avs have some time off?

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
That would make sense given the 4-5 days break. With all the good things they said about him, it would be pretty weird for them to demote him after two games/wins...

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Maybe they reassign him just so he would get playing time while the Avs have some time off?

Yeah, I (very slowly) came to that realization earlier today.

Well...scratch that. The Avs play sooner than the Eagles, even given the long break. I forgot the AHL likes to keep games on or near the weekends.

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
I saw some quotes from Bednar saying they want him to get ice time in all situaitons so are sending him down. Apparently they will recall someone else so I guess Cole might stillnot be ready yet. A bit weird after two games... maybe they wanted to reward him for a good training camp but pretty much knew they were gonna send him back so he gets plenty of ice time...

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
I'm pretty sure the plan was to give so ice time to Barbs and they want to get Timmins more involved on PP/PK.
Cole will be back soon so Connauton won't play.
The moves makes a lot of sens to me. Timmins was just fine but there no rush to use him 10 minutes a night in the NHL when he can play 20ish in the AHL.

My only problem was that I would rather have Rosen called up, but again Connauton probably won't play.

Rosen-Timmins are back together :)

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm pretty sure the plan was to give so ice time to Barbs and they want to get Timmins more involved on PP/PK.
Cole will be back soon so Connauton won't play.
The moves makes a lot of sens to me. Timmins was just fine but there no rush to use him 10 minutes a night in the NHL when he can play 20ish in the AHL.

My only problem was that I would rather have Rosen called up, but again Connauton probably won't play.

Rosen-Timmins are back together :)

Unless Barbs plays great and keeps doing so, or Timmins lights it up in the AHL right off the bat, I think Rosen will get called up soon enough.

They need some puck movement and offense from the blueline without Timmins, and Rosen clearly outplayed Barbs in pre-season.

I think they're just giving Barbs a quick chance so they can push the Rosen call up down the road a bit.

This way Rosen can keep playing for the Eagles and Connauton can be a healthy scratch for the Avs. Then they can swap Connauton for Rosen because they'd probably rather risk losing Connauton to waivers than Barberio or Graves.

Last edited:
Reactions: ETTHAKING67

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Chip-shot king?

He's a master at just lifting the puck up and over the opposition and getting it out of danger without it being an icing call. You'd think that would be insanely easy for an NHL defenseman to do, but apparently not. But on occasion he messes up. If I recall correctly there was a time the Avs were on the PK in the playoffs two seasons ago against the Preds and he had just come back from injury, he flubbed the clearing attempt and it led to a turnover and goal against.

There's the other issue with using Barbs as a 7/8D--he's really not good in spot duty. He needs a regular shift and role, because when he comes in cold he's horrible. If the idea is to use him that way I'd just as soon they deal him or waive/demote him.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He's a master at just lifting the puck up and over the opposition and getting it out of danger without it being an icing call. You'd think that would be insanely easy for an NHL defenseman to do, but apparently not. But on occasion he messes up. If I recall correctly there was a time the Avs were on the PK in the playoffs two seasons ago against the Preds and he had just come back from injury, he flubbed the clearing attempt and it led to a turnover and goal against.

There's the other issue with using Barbs as a 7/8D--he's really not good in spot duty. He needs a regular shift and role, because when he comes in cold he's horrible. If the idea is to use him that way I'd just as soon they deal him or waive/demote him.

Yeah but Barbs as a regular #6 isn't a very good option for a competitive team either.

I think he's had moments where he stepped in on spot duty and looked ok. I don't think they should risk losing him to waivers. They've got some decent depth this season on the blueline and should maintain it.

If they're healthy later in the season that depth might mean they don't have to give up assets for a deadline rental too.

Reactions: MarkT

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

Ok pitch-fork or lob. I get it now. Our Barbarian Overlord just sucks. I prefer everyone else Coconut, Rosen, Timmins, Graves.

ljb4

Feb 10, 2016
westminster Co
Unless Barbs plays great and keeps doing so, or Timmins lights it up in the AHL right off the bat, I think Rosen will get called up soon enough.

They need some puck movement and offense from the blueline without Timmins, and Rosen clearly outplayed Barbs in pre-season.

I think they're just giving Barbs a quick chance so they can push the Rosen call up down the road a bit.

This way Rosen can keep playing for the Eagles and Connauton can be a healthy scratch for the Avs. Then they can swap Connauton for Rosen because they'd probably rather risk losing Connauton to waivers than Barberio or Graves.

Connauton cleared waivers to start the season, does he get the 30 days or 10 games before he has to go through waivers again?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Connauton cleared waivers to start the season, does he get the 30 days or 10 games before he has to go through waivers again?

Yes he does. Another reason to give Barbs a shot and then swap Connauton for Rosen if Barberio doesn't play well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad