2019-20 Colorado Eagles (AHL) and Utah Grizzlies (ECHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
They aren’t the worst thing but why do the Eagles only copy other NHL jerseys?

They go from Tampa Bay Lightning
andreychuk.jpg

To Winnipeg
cut.jpg

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm not a fan. Don't know why they're going with the Avs blue. That's never been a good primary color--the Blueberries proved that--and it clashes with the Eagles logo.

To be honest I don't think the Eagles have ever had a jersey that I've really liked but these unfortunately don't work. I like the overall design, just not the color choices.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
If that white jersey didnt have black trim it would be nice. But I guess you cant get worse than that weird avs burgundy one they wear.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
EmuI0X6VcAEq3XC

I actually don't mind these ones and they're a big upgrade over what they had before with the black colour down the arms. Those weird blueberry ripoffs are terrible though.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The Colorado Eagles are on their way to becoming the Ducks of the AHL. Since Anaheim switched from purple and green they haven’t gotten a single jersey to look decent.

Pintokyo

Jun 26, 2020
US
Eh there alright I like the blueberry blue color but not with the design. I still like there very first jersey with the claw or slash marks on it the most.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Wish the Eagles would just do something simple and traditional, and not try and copy other teams designs. Also, just the eagle with the "E" is enough. Don't need the whole team name with it too.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Wish the Eagles would just do something simple and traditional, and not try and copy other teams designs. Also, just the eagle with the "E" is enough. Don't need the whole team name with it too.

Yeah it's a little much with the name underneath, but I would imagine they've decided they need to do it for marketing purposes, since people are much less familiar with AHL teams than NHL teams.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Oh...that’s an E? Huh.

ySUBbUsVAoVFj3hm9
I had no idea either. Thought it was just 3 stripes to represent the state lol. Makes me appreciate the logo a hell of a lot more. I still don’t like it, but I appreciate it. Kinda like the Wild logo. I don’t like it, but it’s a brilliant logo.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I agree from a design perspective that the team name isn't needed but you see that a lot more often with minor league franchises since they just aren't as well known. I don't mind the logo--like the Avs it's one of those that isn't fantastic but kinda became a classic nonetheless. And like the Avs, the Eagles enjoyed a ton of early success.

Unfortunately, I really don't think they've ever quite gotten their jerseys right. These latest iterations are no exception.

DanishAvsfan

Aug 27, 2007
What is a missed opportunity. It is great classic name. With that advantage they should have been able to do something original and cool. I think there are two many organisational concerns involved. History, state wide appeal, and Avs affiliation. So rather than just make a great uniform they and up making a messy concept.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
As a season ticket holder I'm obviously biased, but I have to say that about half the time I don't like the new Eagles jerseys when they come out. But then when I see them live with the rest of the kit, they usually change my opinion. That being said, I change my mind every time I look at both of the new jerseys this year, but am leaning toward liking them.
Also, I think just about every team in the old 2003 CHL had at least the town and/or team name on their logo. I think we got off pretty lucky with the name and logo when we started out in a league with the Ice Bats, Gorrillas, Tarantulas and Jackalopes lol

Reactions: tigervixxxen

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He’ll score there. Four straight 10+ goal seasons isn’t bad at that level. He’s the kind of guy that org will go nuts over, he’ll prob be the captain. Lots of old school going on up there.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
He’ll score there. Four straight 10+ goal seasons isn’t bad at that level. He’s the kind of guy that org will go nuts over, he’ll prob be the captain. Lots of old school going on up there.
Since when scoring 10 goals is being a scorer? The guy averages a goal every 6 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad