2018 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I think the idea of trading guys like Tanev and Guddy are way past due.Our defence should have been the #1 priority fix last season.But our GM was more concerned about grit and penalty killing.SMH..Tanev Delzotto Guddy,Pouliet,Hutton all need to go.
Keep Edler till the trade deadline as we might get somthing for him worth of value ie picks and prospects.This defence if left,is just a nhl joke.

- Elder should be traded at the deadline. (He has to be convinced to waive his NTC)

- Tanev I would look to move in the off-season. No sooner. Hopefully, he has a relatively healthy year.

- Gudbranson, it depends upon what is on the table. If it’s scraps, wait until Tallon calls again.

- Pouliot should be dealt without hesitation.

- Hutton, I would hold off. Like Stecher, he’s a good enough bottom pair D with the potential for more. Keep him unless offered a decent return.

- Stecher stays.

- Del Zotto should be gone at the deadline.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Have to wonder what it would take to get Pool Party out of Edmonton.

They have to be just as disappointed in him as most Nuck fans are with Juolevi given who was drafted after.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Have to wonder what it would take to get Pool Party out of Edmonton.

They have to be just as disappointed in him as most Nuck fans are with Juolevi given who was drafted after.

It would be a defenseman. I don't know that we have the type of defenseman that they would be interested in moving him for.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
- Elder should be traded at the deadline. (He has to be convinced to waive his NTC)

- Tanev I would look to move in the off-season. No sooner. Hopefully, he has a relatively healthy year.

- Gudbranson, it depends upon what is on the table. If it’s scraps, wait until Tallon calls again.

- Pouliot should be dealt without hesitation.

- Hutton, I would hold off. Like Stecher, he’s a good enough bottom pair D with the potential for more. Keep him unless offered a decent return.

- Stecher stays.

- Del Zotto should be gone at the deadline.
Gudbranson should be sold if they want their young defensemen to not be tied to a boat anchor. Maybe Bergevin would be dumb enough to take him, but that would mean Jimbo is smart enough to trade him, which is unlikely.

Edler Hughes
Juolevi Tanev
Hutton Stecher
Biega/Sautner

Re-sign Edler after trading him for a cup run, everyone's happy.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
I know this is EXTREMELY premature but having a one two punch of Pettersson and Horvat could actually compete with the top 2 centres in the league.

Not to mention how young they are. Early but they are trending only upwards.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Gudbranson should be sold if they want their young defensemen to not be tied to a boat anchor. Maybe Bergevin would be dumb enough to take him, but that would mean Jimbo is smart enough to trade him, which is unlikely.

Edler Hughes
Juolevi Tanev
Hutton Stecher
Biega/Sautner

Re-sign Edler after trading him for a cup run, everyone's happy.

Four things that, if they happen, make that a decent D-core moving forward.

1. Juolevi can learn to play with some intensity in his own zone. He is a very smart player with the puck but appears soft without it. This is teachable.
2. Hutton can maintain his excellent play of late. He seems to have "gotten it". Hopefully it's not an aberation.
3. Hughes is comfortable playing regularly on the right side 5 on 5 at the NHL level. Clearly he could play there on the pp.
4. Edler and Tanev stay healthy enough not to stretch the abilities of the other D-men for extended periods of time.

They need to draft/develop a stud right side shutdown D man who can step in in two to three years.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Or convince Tryamkin to give it another go in North America. He really could be the missing piece of this defensive core going forward.
This is my dream as well- next year:
Edler-Gudbrandson
Hughes-Tanev
Hutton/Juolevi-Stecher

Following year:
Edler-Tryamkin
Hughes-Tanev
Juolevi/Hutton-Stecher

jester00

Jun 9, 2011
Western Canada
Jakub Jerabek on waivers today. One yr deal worth 1 mill. I'd grab him as depth/7th guy for now, if for no other reason than to get Brisebois back to Utica and playing again. Lord knows the Comets could use him.

Reactions: timw33

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Four things that, if they happen, make that a decent D-core moving forward.

1. Juolevi can learn to play with some intensity in his own zone. He is a very smart player with the puck but appears soft without it. This is teachable.
2. Hutton can maintain his excellent play of late. He seems to have "gotten it". Hopefully it's not an aberation.
3. Hughes is comfortable playing regularly on the right side 5 on 5 at the NHL level. Clearly he could play there on the pp.
4. Edler and Tanev stay healthy enough not to stretch the abilities of the other D-men for extended periods of time.

They need to draft/develop a stud right side shutdown D man who can step in in two to three years.

I think that they're banking on RHD Jet Woo for that spot.

Reactions: Diamonddog01

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
If we could somehow jettison Eriksson, anyone else interested in the Night Train? 3 years younger than Eriksson, would provide a different dimension to the top two lines.

He's clearly going to get paid...but I like the idea of a shorter contract with a higher AAV. 4 years at 8M for example.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I think that they're banking on RHD Jet Woo for that spot.
Sure. And it would be fantastic if he develops into that player. However, they need a couple more options to increase the chances of one of them hitting.

Woo - not sure he is a top pairing guy but who knows.
Tryamkin (possible/unlikely? return)
UFA - not likely a fit with emerging core group (e.g Myers).
Trade - unlikely to get quality without giving up great assets.
Others in the system - would have to be a huge surprise
Future draft and develop - 3 years away minimum.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Regarding the substance of your post here...I agree with what you're saying. I think maybe we could have gotten Puljujarvi for the Chris Tanev we had 3 years ago, but even that's questionable.

I could see something like Puljujarvi for Sanheim, or, given this is Chiarelli we're talking about, Puljujarvi for Julius Honka.
No way I move Tanev for Puljujarvi. I can see Chiarelli trading Puljujarvi for a more proven top 6 player like Baertschi and a pick though.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
so i am wondering if bad press about canucks' treatment of gagner will start to resurface now that they have not called him up with both beagle and sutter down and out for an extended period. it's kind of hard not to see this now as more of a robidas island move sending him to the marlies than the way they originally pitched it.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
so i am wondering if bad press about canucks' treatment of gagner will start to resurface now that they have not called him up with both beagle and sutter down and out for an extended period. it's kind of hard not to see this now as more of a robidas island move sending him to the marlies than the way they originally pitched it.

How did they originally pitch it? Feels like it was obvious from the get-go that Gagner wasn't coming back to the Canucks.

Reactions: Melvin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad