2018 Roster and Fantasy GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Bouwmesster as a cap dump with a pick is totally fine, Del Zotto needs to find a new team.

There is some chatter about Panarin, which is my free agent target, id like to add him to the team I think he plays a solid game and would be who we wanted Erickson to be.

If we could dump Del Zotto and Erickson I’d be officially a Benning supporter

Reactions: geebaan

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I would much rather be rolling the dice with more young players to see what sticks than bringing in a crappy veteran.

What young players? More Linden Vey types? At the expense of picks? Or are we talking Reid Boucher style waivers claims or giving unready players like Dahlen a shot?

I want the team to start selling high and buying low. You're right that it's a fantasy that a player brought in for free would have suddenly more value 6 months later, but the point wouldn't to be to get meaningful long term value out of Bouwmeester. It would be to plug a spot that would otherwise be filled by Edler, who could then be traded, for an actual return.

If he gets medically cleared for example, I'd consider signing Rick Nash and then moving Sven Baertschi. Net a second round pick at worst, maybe get a little bit worse this year but lose no meaningful part of the future, and maybe Nash can teach Jake something.

FuzzyTitus

Dec 17, 2008
Bouwmesster as a cap dump with a pick is totally fine, Del Zotto needs to find a new team.

There is some chatter about Panarin, which is my free agent target, id like to add him to the team I think he plays a solid game and would be who we wanted Erickson to be.

If we could dump Del Zotto and Erickson I’d be officially a Benning supporter

You'd start supporting the guy if he could dump the terrible contracts he's saddled the team with? Odd.

And I don't necessarily think the Del Zotto one is that bad either. The Eriksson one, however, is a colossal mistake.

Cquant

May 14, 2015
Hallander and some nominal mid round pick and I'd be happy. I still think Edler will be worth at least a late 1st + 2nd at the deadline though.
Hallander has the Timra connection, so I'd think that management would have had more than enough views of him. Definitely an option. But I'd be asking for Calen Addison and a 2nd/3rd

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Hallander has the Timra connection, so I'd think that management would have had more than enough views of him. Definitely an option. But I'd be asking for Calen Addison and a 2nd/3rd
I agree Addison fits better with organizational need with EP emerging as a centre.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
I agree Addison fits better with organizational need with EP emerging as a centre.

That would be so cool, we could put out a 5' 9" Hughes, a 5' 9" Stecher, and a 5' 10" Addison on our defence. I am all for skill and speed, but this would just be silliness IMO

I am not sure who I would want from them, but Addison as the Centre piece wouldn't work for me. As a component, maybe...

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Edler in Pittsburgh would be nice. I could see him upping his game further if he's moved there. Would be happy with a 1st + mid prospect.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
That would be so cool, we could put out a 5' 9" Hughes, a 5' 9" Stecher, and a 5' 10" Addison on our defence. I am all for skill and speed, but this would just be silliness IMO

I am not sure who I would want from them, but Addison as the Centre piece wouldn't work for me. As a component, maybe...
He would be the replacement for Stecher IMO. But yes I agree all 3 would be way to small and soft plus Juolevi in the mix as well. Realistically for me Stecher is the 7th guy or not on the team anymore by the time we are competing.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Rumors starting to heat up regarding Edler & Hutton. I'm assuming Canucks are open to trading LD to make room for Juolevi & Hughes. Apparently there were 13 scouts at the last Canucks home game and the rumors are from Eliot Freidman who is a legit source. What do you guys think may happen? Where there's smoke there's usually fire.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
Rumors starting to heat up regarding Edler & Hutton. I'm assuming Canucks are open to trading LD to make room for Juolevi & Hughes. Apparently there were 13 scouts at the last Canucks home game and the rumors are from Eliot Freidman who is a legit source. What do you guys think may happen? Where there's smoke there's usually fire.
The first out i think is del zotto

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
You'd start supporting the guy if he could dump the terrible contracts he's saddled the team with? Odd.

And I don't necessarily think the Del Zotto one is that bad either. The Eriksson one, however, is a colossal mistake.

To be fair the capability of recognizing and fixing mistakes is a good skill to have, you'll obviously stop making those mistakes altogether.

Well you shouldn't count on all of them making it, Stetcher is fringe already. If Hughes and Addison both work out you can always ship one out anyway.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
What would you guys pay to acquire some solid 2nd-3rd pairing tweener RD? Tanev has value, he's getting older and has some injuries. Without him this team is bad. Without him Gudbranson is our #2 behind Stetcher. This is bad enough, but Gudbranson is at least a #6/7 guy, probably somewhat comparable to Rome or Alberts. Gudbranson is also a valuable trade chip to dinosaur GMs like Chiarelli who see him as a tough stay at home top-4 D.

If we trade both of them though we have Stetcher-Biega-Juolevi down the left. Unless we move one of our LD to their off sides we would have some very big problems. I love Biega but he is a smarter Gudbranson with fewer physical tools to actually get by. Juolevi is not close to NHL ready.

It seems like trading Gudbranson and Tanev and acquiring at least some D that can take a regular shift in the NHL, even if they're not pretty, would be reasonable. I see it as a massive downgrade for Tanev and a likely lateral move for Gudbranson though paying very little to acquire him.

What would your trade targets be? Tanev to a team like Toronto in some type of package for Nylander or Marner would be fantastic. Gudbranson to a team like Edmonton or wherever would be great, though I don't follow much outside of Vancouver anymore so I have no idea who would be interested in these players. Do you guys have any targets? What type of return would you take and would it involve a 3rd team to get that replacement D or just try to do a straight swap?

Another reasonable question is if we have any guys in Utica. Can a guy like Chatfield fill in a 3rd pairing role for a season? Tanking is obviously great, but there is a threshold where it actually becomes an issue for development.

I have no idea how to value players around the league and just have no idea about who plays where, how they play, and which GMs would be likely to give us maximum value.

Last edited:

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
What would you guys pay to acquire some solid 2nd-3rd pairing tweener RD? Tanev has value, he's getting older and has some injuries. Without him this team is bad. Without him Gudbranson is our #2 behind Stetcher. This is bad enough, but Gudbranson is at least a #6/7 guy, probably somewhat comparable to Rome or Alberts. Gudbranson is also a valuable trade chip to dinosaur GMs like Chiarelli who see him as a tough stay at home top-4 D.

If we trade both of them though we have Stetcher-Biega-Juolevi down the left. Unless we move one of our LD to their off sides we would have some very big problems. I love Biega but he is a smarter Gudbranson with fewer physical tools to actually get by. Juolevi is not close to NHL ready.

It seems like trading Gudbranson and Tanev and acquiring at least some D that can take a regular shift in the NHL, even if they're not pretty, would be reasonable. I see it as a massive downgrade for Tanev and a likely lateral move for Gudbranson though paying very little to acquire him.

What would your trade targets be? Tanev to a team like Toronto in some type of package for Nylander or Marner would be fantastic. Gudbranson to a team like Edmonton or wherever would be great, though I don't follow much outside of Vancouver anymore so I have no idea who would be interested in these players. Do you guys have any targets? What type of return would you take and would it involve a 3rd team to get that replacement D or just try to do a straight swap?

Another reasonable question is if we have any guys in Utica. Can a guy like Chatfield fill in a 3rd pairing role for a season? Tanking is obviously great, but there is a threshold where it actually becomes an issue for development.

I have no idea how to value players around the league and just have no idea about who plays where, how they play, and which GMs would be likely to give us maximum value.
I think the idea of trading guys like Tanev and Guddy are way past due.Our defence should have been the #1 priority fix last season.But our GM was more concerned about grit and penalty killing.SMH..Tanev Delzotto Guddy,Pouliet,Hutton all need to go.
Keep Edler till the trade deadline as we might get somthing for him worth of value ie picks and prospects.This defence if left,is just a nhl joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad